"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:38 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:Neat stuff, are these for the paid DLC or the free update that will come with it?
Scan has yet to be translated. I might aswell go translate it from my google translate app
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:40 pm

UPDATE ON NEW SCAN

I found the words Free Update on the scan so I think its safe to go along with the more popular assumption that this is content from the free update.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:40 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:UPDATE ON NEW SCAN

I found the words Free Update on the scan so I think its safe to go along with the more popular assumption that this is content from the free update.
Neat.
Assuming the other character(s) in the pack are GT then I'm going to guess that the outfit pieces that are part of the paid DLC (if there are any) will be GT related.
I wonder what they might add if that's the case, we already have Super Baby 2's outfit. I guess they could add a Super Baby 2 wig and an outfit based on Super Baby 1, maybe a Rildo and/or Myu outift? I guess there's some other stuff like GT Gohan and Goten outfits that we haven't gotten yet.

Unrelated, but I think Dimps should do a cross promotion for Legends and XV2, maybe input your player ID from Legends into XV2 or something and get Shallot's default armor for XV2 and an outfit based on the Time Patroller they use for the marketing in XV2 for Legends.

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:16 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:UPDATE ON NEW SCAN

Neat.
Assuming the other character(s) in the pack are GT then I'm going to guess that the outfit pieces that are part of the paid DLC (if there are any) will be GT related.
I wonder what they might add if that's the case, we already have Super Baby 2's outfit. I guess they could add a Super Baby 2 wig and an outfit based on Super Baby 1, maybe a Rildo and/or Myu outift? I guess there's some other stuff like GT Gohan and Goten outfits that we haven't gotten yet.

Unrelated, but I think Dimps should do a cross promotion for Legends and XV2, maybe input your player ID from Legends into XV2 or something and get Shallot's default armor for XV2 and an outfit based on the Time Patroller they use for the marketing in XV2 for Legends.
Well if they do 6 paid Outfits then maybe

Caulifla (or Majin 21)
Erasa
Hopp
Hit
General Rildo
Katopesla

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:11 pm

So, I've seen this, in a lot of "How to create *insert character here* in Xenoverse 2" videos on YouTube, and I want to know if it's true. When you create a new CaC, do all of the outfits and skills you've unlocked with your first one still remain unlocked?
Caulifla best girl! :)

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:57 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:So, I've seen this, in a lot of "How to create *insert character here* in Xenoverse 2" videos on YouTube, and I want to know if it's true. When you create a new CaC, do all of the outfits and skills you've unlocked with your first one still remain unlocked?
Yep. The only issue is that you have to go through the story mode all over again with new characters.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:09 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:So, I've seen this, in a lot of "How to create *insert character here* in Xenoverse 2" videos on YouTube, and I want to know if it's true. When you create a new CaC, do all of the outfits and skills you've unlocked with your first one still remain unlocked?
Yep. The only issue is that you have to go through the story mode all over again with new characters.
Well, I already know about that bullshit. I hope when the new update comes out, they fix that so that way we don't have to repeat the story mode ever again.
Caulifla best girl! :)

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:19 pm

If they add DBS Broly to this game with DLC it will be interesting to see the dialogue between him and Z Broly.
Either way we'll see that in XV3.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:20 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:If they add DBS Broly to this game with DLC it will be interesting to see the dialogue between him and Z Broly.
There's only one thing left to do. FUSED BROLY.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:01 am

ArchedThunder wrote:If they add DBS Broly to this game with DLC it will be interesting to see the dialogue between him and Z Broly.
I think it's likely he will be included in the upcoming DLC. Now that he's been confirmed as the villain, there's nothing holding them back from just putting him out there. Heck, we got XV2 scans of Complete Ultra Instinct before it was seen in the anime.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:12 am

"I'm canon"
"No, I'm canon"
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:57 am

sintzu wrote:
"I'm canon"
"No, I'm canon"
"You're male Kale?"
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:01 am

YonedgeHP wrote:
sintzu wrote:
"I'm canon"
"No, I'm canon"
"You're male Kale?"
I really hope they go all out and have fun with it. That's assuming that Toriyama's design is different enough to justify having 2 brolys in the game.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:19 am

Maybe with LSSG transformation (god broly) :D

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:18 am

The New Broly is highly more likely to come in a dlc released after the movie airs in theaters for awhile or in XV3

Cause if you remember in Xenoverse 1, we got Golden Frieza & SSJB Goku & SSJB Vegeta after Resurrection F was in theaters for like I think 3 months.

Plus Dimps doesnt get advanced screenings or Movie information in advance at all.

Remember they said they learn about Rośe Black at the same time we did.

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:17 pm

ZeroDio wrote:The New Broly is highly more likely to come in a dlc released after the movie airs in theaters for awhile or in XV3

Cause if you remember in Xenoverse 1, we got Golden Frieza & SSJB Goku & SSJB Vegeta after Resurrection F was in theaters for like I think 3 months.

Plus Dimps doesnt get advanced screenings or Movie information in advance at all.

I believe Sabat said that. DIMPS learns things earlier than we do for XV DLC I believe. Hence how they showed Ultra Instinct Goku before the show did.

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:24 pm

Dragon Wukong wrote:
ZeroDio wrote:The New Broly is highly more likely to come in a dlc released after the movie airs in theaters for awhile or in XV3

I believe Sabat said that. DIMPS learns things earlier than we do for XV DLC I believe. Hence how they showed Ultra Instinct Goku before the show did.
Well then why didn’t Ultra Instinct Goku have Silver Dragon Flash & Supreme Kamehameha?

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:26 pm

Looks like a dbz games livestream is happening on the 29th. Promises to have fighterz and xv2 news. Should be interesting. Id assume the two new fighterz characters and whoever will accompany baby will be announced.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:56 pm

nato25 wrote:Looks like a dbz games livestream is happening on the 29th. Promises to have fighterz and xv2 news. Should be interesting. Id assume the two new fighterz characters and whoever will accompany baby will be announced.
More like showcased, since they're probably getting announced in VJump first.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:11 pm

Draconic wrote:
nato25 wrote:Looks like a dbz games livestream is happening on the 29th. Promises to have fighterz and xv2 news. Should be interesting. Id assume the two new fighterz characters and whoever will accompany baby will be announced.
More like showcased, since they're probably getting announced in VJump first.
It'd be nice to get a teaser for XV2's second (if there is one) pack as well.