"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:12 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
Phozz wrote: I find it silly how Dimps has always told us "Original Dragon Ball characters can't make it in because they're too weak & they can't fly", yet we see them here...
So how do they justify Hercule, Videl and Great Saiyaman 2 with those criteria?
You know Videl and great Saiyaman 2 can fly in the anime right?
Yes, but that still leaves the strength issue unaddressed. There's no reason they couldn't give the flightless characters jetpacks like Hercule has or at least include people like King Piccolo or Tambourine.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:08 pm

So I've still been lurking the GameFAQ's thread I linked earlier, and someone there says there's been some comment (I assume by Bandai Namco) that the gifts will eventually be added to the regular TP Shop. Has anyone seen anything like that stated anywhere? They don't have any proof posted on that other thread, so I'm curious.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Phozz
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Phozz » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:27 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote: So how do they justify Hercule, Videl and Great Saiyaman 2 with those criteria?
You know Videl and great Saiyaman 2 can fly in the anime right?
Yes, but that still leaves the strength issue unaddressed. There's no reason they couldn't give the flightless characters jetpacks like Hercule has or at least include people like King Piccolo or Tambourine.
Exactly my thoughts. Kid Goku, in my opinion, could be one of the most unique characters on the roster.

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:06 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:So I've still been lurking the GameFAQ's thread I linked earlier, and someone there says there's been some comment (I assume by Bandai Namco) that the gifts will eventually be added to the regular TP Shop. Has anyone seen anything like that stated anywhere? They don't have any proof posted on that other thread, so I'm curious.
I haven't seen any proof/evidence of this, but there is at least another update planned (though all that's been announced for it to the best of my knowledge is more Hero Colosseum stuff). It would be nice if they added such a thing, since it would allow players to get these items as well as Raid drops that would otherwise be unavailable.
At the very least, I'd like for them to cycle through the costumes again afterwards, but adding it to the TP Shop would be better, especially for the players who are unable to play online.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:04 pm

Anybody knows if we'll get another DLC with LB Jiren and an improved version of MUI Goku? I hope Jiren doesn't get the full power volley as an ultimate

Also, am I the only one who would like to see the Great Saiyaman that powered up against Kibito, fought Dabura and Fat Boo? just lose the glasses, the cape and the bandana.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:08 pm

Does anyone know if you can save scum on the hero collesum rolls?

If I hit home and close the game on xbox, will I be able to pull the SR lever/1xUR level again?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:05 pm

Koitsukai wrote:Anybody knows if we'll get another DLC with LB Jiren and an improved version of MUI Goku? I hope Jiren doesn't get the full power volley as an ultimate

Also, am I the only one who would like to see the Great Saiyaman that powered up against Kibito, fought Dabura and Fat Boo? just lose the glasses, the cape and the bandana.
I don't think we are going to see more DLCs for XV2. They will probably be in XV3.
Yes, that would be a good idea. We need new outfits :)

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:35 pm

Going to be on holiday during one of the stupid mentor gift windows, how annoying.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:17 pm

Any news about the new free update?

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:16 pm

Do you think the old mentor gifts will disappear from the shop or the new ones added alongside, what with me going away and I'll I'm wondering if I may not have to worry about missing anything...

KinguKurimuzon
Beyond Newbie

Post by KinguKurimuzon » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:03 am

I just booted up XV2 for the first time since Extra Pack 1 released, and what the fuck happened to the load times? Anything from starting a quest to opening a menu freezes the game for about 15 seconds now.
"Are you trying to impress me with your transformation sequence?" - Mashymre Cello

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:18 pm

KinguKurimuzon wrote:I just booted up XV2 for the first time since Extra Pack 1 released, and what the fuck happened to the load times? Anything from starting a quest to opening a menu freezes the game for about 15 seconds now.
Loading times have always been either quick or slow for me. Still are. Couldn't tell you the reason.

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:47 pm

TobyS wrote:Do you think the old mentor gifts will disappear from the shop or the new ones added alongside, what with me going away and I'll I'm wondering if I may not have to worry about missing anything...
Unfortunately, they have a set date on the event page of the official site. I'd like to think they'll come back at some point, tho'. It'd be really lame if it's a limited time offer.
KinguKurimuzon wrote:I just booted up XV2 for the first time since Extra Pack 1 released, and what the fuck happened to the load times? Anything from starting a quest to opening a menu freezes the game for about 15 seconds now.
That's definitely not normal. Starting up the game, and sometimes returning to Conton City has a bit of a lengthy load time, but I've never seen the game have problems opening the menu, and certainly not a 15 second load time.

KinguKurimuzon
Beyond Newbie

Post by KinguKurimuzon » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:03 am

Nia wrote: That's definitely not normal. Starting up the game, and sometimes returning to Conton City has a bit of a lengthy load time, but I've never seen the game have problems opening the menu, and certainly not a 15 second load time.
Nevermind, it looks like it was something with my computer. I had Chrome open while playing and for some reason it was using 99% of my disk. No Idea what that was about.

Also, how do you raise friendship with mentors again? I maxed out Raditz a long time ago, but I can't seem to get anyone else's (specifically Hit and Whis) up even a little bit.
"Are you trying to impress me with your transformation sequence?" - Mashymre Cello

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:45 am

KinguKurimuzon wrote:
Nia wrote: That's definitely not normal. Starting up the game, and sometimes returning to Conton City has a bit of a lengthy load time, but I've never seen the game have problems opening the menu, and certainly not a 15 second load time.
Nevermind, it looks like it was something with my computer. I had Chrome open while playing and for some reason it was using 99% of my disk. No Idea what that was about.

Also, how do you raise friendship with mentors again? I maxed out Raditz a long time ago, but I can't seem to get anyone else's (specifically Hit and Whis) up even a little bit.
Look here :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zljhMESN_9E

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:36 pm

So, downloading a sizeable patch for Xenoverse 2 right now. Any clue what its supposed to be? Is it just for Coliseum, or is it for more stuff?

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:46 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:So, downloading a sizeable patch for Xenoverse 2 right now. Any clue what its supposed to be? Is it just for Coliseum, or is it for more stuff?
Here's hoping it's a fix where us without PSN can actually get the Mentor costumes, but I doubt it. Gonna be a bit before the download is finished for me to see though, since it's also got the FighterZ patch downloading, as well as a couple of things on my PS3 too.
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:48 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
Jackalope89 wrote:So, downloading a sizeable patch for Xenoverse 2 right now. Any clue what its supposed to be? Is it just for Coliseum, or is it for more stuff?
Here's hoping it's a fix where us without PSN can actually get the Mentor costumes, but I doubt it. Gonna be a bit before the download is finished for me to see though, since it's also got the FighterZ patch downloading, as well as a couple of things on my PS3 too.
Except I'm on the Xbox One.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:52 pm

The free DLC is available! :)

Already got some of the new figures and many are so cool and/or useful. With the ones I wanted the most, Janemba and Bardock, I will destroy whatever deck you and the CPU may build. 8) :P
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:52 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:
Except I'm on the Xbox One.
Ohhh, my bad. Actually...never thought to ask about that either. Do you have Gold? If not, do you have access to the Mentor costumes?
Twitter