"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:48 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Nightmare Wheel wrote:I agree that it's Dabura. We've seen shots from this DLC of Goku, Chronoa, Fuu and Dabura in the time prison and obviously he's the only one with a deep voice like that. I can't remember what Dabura sounds like in Xenoverse 2 off the top of my head, but even his voice from way back when in Z is pretty similar.
https://youtu.be/gVSz32sPbQE?t=2m50s
The clip in the trailer is the same voice he has in the game.
Yeah. I guess that fits. It sounds close enough
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:14 pm

I'm really curious about that non-Majin Dabura. We haven't seen him like that outside Heroes, have we? Maybe he'll get revived? :think:

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:21 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:I'm really curious about that non-Majin Dabura. We haven't seen him like that outside Heroes, have we? Maybe he'll get revived? :think:
Yeah. But why would Fu revive his uncle but not his parents? Unless he has revived them but they weren’t shown in the trailer because it’s a surprise... Just wishful thinking though.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:32 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:I'm really curious about that non-Majin Dabura. We haven't seen him like that outside Heroes, have we? Maybe he'll get revived? :think:
Yeah. But why would Fu revive his uncle but not his parents? Unless he has revived them but they weren’t shown in the trailer because it’s a surprise... Just wishful thinking though.
Maybe they can't be revived because they exist outside of time or some nonsense.
My guess is that this Dabura isn't a revived Dabura, but one that Fuu liberated from Babidi in some random timeline offshoot.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:36 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Maybe they can't be revived because they exist outside of time or some nonsense.
My guess is that this Dabura isn't a revived Dabura, but one that Fuu liberated from Babidi in some random timeline offshoot.
I'm going with my original guess; Towa saved Dabura sometime before XV2 and at some point left Fu with the liberated Dabura, as a contingency plan in case she and Mira were killed. Though if Fu has come for revenge or to revive his parents, I don't know.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Nevaeh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nevaeh » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:02 pm

Dimps/Bandai need to stop teasing us with Rage Trunks. It's cruel

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:08 pm

They should give him to us in the Free Update. Hopefully with the correct hair like how he is in those beautiful CGI cutscenes.

In terms of in gameplay graphics, FigherZ is the best. In terms of cutscene graphics, XV2 is the god. FighterZ cutscenes look good but the lack of fluidity in stuff like the mouth, throw it off. Meanwhile you’ve got Goku turning UI looking clean and Tapion walking in like a badass to help Trunks lookin clean from these XV2 cutscenes

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:16 pm

No news about the free update? Miniatures or something else?

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:47 pm

Anyone knows how to get all the awoken skills (in order to obtain the trophy) without resorting to create 4 more characters and complete the entire story again?
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:58 pm

YonedgeHP wrote:Anyone knows how to get all the awoken skills (in order to obtain the trophy) without resorting to create 4 more characters and complete the entire story again?
Create a Saiyajin for all Super Saiyajin Transformations, a Freeza Race member for the Golden Form, a Namekseijin for the Giant Skill, an Earthling for the Kinto Un and Nyoibo and a Majin for the Pure form. Potential Unleashed and Kaio-Ken can be acquired by all races. So, no, sorry, there is no other way around. But, for most Transformations Level 40 should be enough (except for Golden Form, which you should be available around Level 60 or so). Those levels count only if you go immediately to the time rifts in question, once you get the message that there is an event or you're being called. The only Race that has to complete the Story are the Saiyajins I think, because of the Future Super Saiyajin Skill, but I'm not sure regarding this.
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:02 pm

YonedgeHP wrote:Anyone knows how to get all the awoken skills (in order to obtain the trophy) without resorting to create 4 more characters and complete the entire story again?
Nothin' you can do but to do it.
However, for most of them, I think you just need to be around level 40 and I think past the Cell arc (if even that).
Equip the 40 Ton Weights Super Soul to reach the level requirements fast. You'll hit it in no time flat. You'll barely even have to aknowledge the PQs, if at all.

The exception is the Golden Form for the Freeza Clan. That one seems to take notably longer for some reason, because Freeza can be really stingy about calling you to his ship.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:16 pm

Nia wrote:
Nothin' you can do but to do it.
However, for most of them, I think you just need to be around level 40 and I think past the Cell arc (if even that).
Equip the 40 Ton Weights Super Soul to reach the level requirements fast. You'll hit it in no time flat. You'll barely even have to aknowledge the PQs, if at all.

The exception is the Golden Form for the Freeza Clan. That one seems to take notably longer for some reason, because Freeza can be really stingy about calling you to his ship.
Well, you do;
[spoiler]take over his and Cooler's forces, so, yeah.[/spoiler]

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:15 pm

Watching the trailer again, Goku's big ki blast looks an awful lot like a silver reskin of Vanishing Ball. Most of the moves he used were part of previous Goku builds. The only one that looks like an all-new move is that weird punching attack he does.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:21 pm

I hope they fix the English voices for Hit and base Goku Black in the new DLC.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:36 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:Watching the trailer again, Goku's big ki blast looks an awful lot like a silver reskin of Vanishing Ball. Most of the moves he used were part of previous Goku builds. The only one that looks like an all-new move is that weird punching attack he does.
The ball is launched at the end of a melee rush, so it's not just Vanishing Ball.
Nevaeh wrote:Dimps/Bandai need to stop teasing us with Rage Trunks. It's cruel
AnimeNation101 wrote:They should give him to us in the Free Update. Hopefully with the correct hair like how he is in those beautiful CGI cutscenes.
At this point I feel like that's one of those things they will just hold onto until the next game.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:24 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I hope they fix the English voices for Hit and base Goku Black in the new DLC.
Me too. I mean, if they're gonna record more dialogue for them in English, which it seems like they're gonna have just that, they both need to replace Hit's earlier recordings, as well as Goku Black's for consistency's sake.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:33 pm

Speaking of Goku Black, does anyone have issues with Rose's audio switching from English to Japanese when he's an ally? All of his pop-up dialogue is Sean, but his in-battle voice is Nozawa's. It's really weird.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:42 pm

My only issue with Goku Black's voice is that it's really low in Japanese. I can barely hear him sometimes.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:55 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:Speaking of Goku Black, does anyone have issues with Rose's audio switching from English to Japanese when he's an ally? All of his pop-up dialogue is Sean, but his in-battle voice is Nozawa's. It's really weird.
Nozawa's Goku Black is too alpha to be dubbed by silly baka gaijin!

Reminds me of a glitch back in the first Budokai Tenkaichi where if you loaded a file with the Japanese voices already active, the game would bug out and you'd get a weird mix of the two.

Chousho

Post by Chousho » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:20 am

In case anyone is on the fence about buying this:

I just saw that Humble Bundle currently has a sale. DB Xenoverse 2 is 66% off ($16.99) and DB XV is 75% off ($9.99 game alone, $16.24 for the bundle).

Seems like a good deal in case anyone been holding out due to price.