"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:45 am

Bullza wrote:I'd rather they hold off on any Universe Survival saga content u til Xenoverse 3 rather than half adding it.

If they're gonna have more DLC then Tagoma, Botamo, Magetta and Super Saiyan Rage Trunks should be included.
I dont think that would sell well. They’d need to have Fused Zamasu (Half Corrupted) and a new form of Goku was already confirmed for the game which is most likely Ultra Instinct Goku.

If UI Goku is in, it would make sense that Jiren is added too. We are also getting an “original new character” so that would be 3 characters. The fourth could be Kafla, Ribrianne, Caulifla, Kale, or maybe Demigra, or Baby Vegeta, its still up in the air.

But if they are going for adding the 3 strongest T.o.p characters then it would be UI Goku, Jiren, and Kafla, along with the original new character
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:55 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:I dont think that would sell well. They’d need to have Fused Zamasu (Half Corrupted) and a new form of Goku was already confirmed for the game which is most likely Ultra Instinct Goku.

If UI Goku is in, it would make sense that Jiren is added too. We are also getting an “original new character” so that would be 3 characters. The fourth could be Kafla, Ribrianne, Caulifla, Kale, or maybe Demigra, or Baby Vegeta, its still up in the air.

But if they are going for adding the 3 strongest T.o.p characters then it would be UI Goku, Jiren, and Kafla, along with the original new character
Well I wouldn't have thought Tapion and Android 13 would have had too much interest either but they did it. They've got the Universe 6 stage, Champa and Vados and 3 of the fighters so they could have done with adding in the last 2.

I haven't heard anything of a new form of Goku though.

But yeah like I said I would rather they have waited until Xenoverse 3 before they got into the Universe Survival saga because there's a lot more content to be had there than just a DLC packs worth.

Ultra Instinct Goku, Ribrianne, Kale, Caulifla, Kefla, Bergamo, Basil, Lavender, Jiren, Toppo and Dyspo. Who knows if they'd put in any of the Gods of Destruction. There's the Zen Exhibition stage and the Tournament of Power stage. That many fights that it could cover a game itself.

They should save it. It'd be a big selling point for Xenoverse 3 if they saved it for the next game.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:16 pm

Bullza wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:I dont think that would sell well. They’d need to have Fused Zamasu (Half Corrupted) and a new form of Goku was already confirmed for the game which is most likely Ultra Instinct Goku.

Well I wouldn't have thought Tapion and Android 13 would have had too much interest either but they did it. They've got the Universe 6 stage, Champa and Vados and 3 of the fighters so they could have done with adding in the last 2.

I haven't heard anything of a new form of Goku though.

But yeah like I said I would rather they have waited until Xenoverse 3 before they got into the Universe Survival saga because there's a lot more content to be had there than just a DLC packs worth.

Ultra Instinct Goku, Ribrianne, Kale, Caulifla, Kefla, Bergamo, Basil, Lavender, Jiren, Toppo and Dyspo. Who knows if they'd put in any of the Gods of Destruction. There's the Zen Exhibition stage and the Tournament of Power stage. That many fights that it could cover a game itself.

They should save it. It'd be a big selling point for Xenoverse 3 if they saved it for the next game.
It said so in the Bandai Namco eu website news. It talked about how in DLC 6 we’ll get an original new character, a new way to interact with the dragonball characters and a new form for Goku
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:47 pm

I'd still like to have more than 8 character slots for OC's. There's literally no reason why we should be stuck at 8 slots. Especially in a sequel, moreso given they treat it like an MMO.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:00 pm

Zelvin wrote:I'd still like to have more than 8 character slots for OC's. There's literally no reason why we should be stuck at 8 slots. Especially in a sequel, moreso given they treat it like an MMO.
They need to put an option in which they allow you to fight against your own's CAC or select them in VS. mode.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:18 pm

YonedgeHP wrote:
Zelvin wrote:I'd still like to have more than 8 character slots for OC's. There's literally no reason why we should be stuck at 8 slots. Especially in a sequel, moreso given they treat it like an MMO.
They need to put an option in which they allow you to fight against your own's CAC or select them in VS. mode.
I heavily agree with both of these, and I'd like to add in that, in my opinion, the requirement to start over the game with each CAC should be optional. I'd even go a step further and say we could get an option to retain your main CAC's level and (unassigned) attribute points with each character, and finally, that you could have more than one CAC per game save (namely, so you wouldn't have to return to the title screen every time you want to change CACs).

All that would make the character creation system more than ideal for me. Though of course, I can't see it happening because it's far too hopeful and I'm probably one of the only players that wants all that :P
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:27 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:and finally, that you could have more than one CAC per game save (namely, so you wouldn't have to return to the title screen every time you want to change CACs).
On a technical level that could be rather annoying to pull off, and could impact performance.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:51 pm

Having to start a new char at lv1 isn't a big deal for me so long as I have a way of leveling effectively. Restarting the entire story for each new char is so goddamn tedious and keeps you leveling at the same pace every single time. And it's so freaking boring. If anything, you should be able to have a wish on the Dragonballs to make the character max-level so long as you have one that's already max level. That way you're not stuck re-grinding. Of course it still stands that all PQ missions have to be re-unlocked with every new character, and that is just obnoxious.

Also, it's not technically difficult to be able to switch CaC's more effectively. Every MMO has your CaC's on the same server, so you don't have to re-connect to the server every single time you change characters. Bandai/Namco and Dimps are just doing a really poor job of it.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:16 pm

Honestly, Bandai and Dimps should listen to the complains regarding the servers (including the Netcode) issues and in the Spanish version they should fix the translation, it's wrong in so much ways.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:36 pm

If anything, make sure XV3 doesn't have the same issues. I'd like around 30 character slots. I can make my own Z-cast easily.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:00 am

YonedgeHP wrote:Honestly, Bandai and Dimps should listen to the complains regarding the servers (including the Netcode) issues and in the Spanish version they should fix the translation, it's wrong in so much ways.
Totally agree!
Servers are REALLY bad ... from the beginning i had a lot of problems and i couldn't play raids ecc

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:57 pm

There'll be a livestream on Friday showing stuff from DLC 5 and the producer, Hirano, will be there too. I expect pretty relevant and interesting information since the producer himself will be there this time.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:06 pm

Grimlock wrote:There'll be a livestream on Friday showing stuff from DLC 5 and the producer, Hirano, will be there too. I expect pretty relevant and interesting information since the producer himself will be there.
Nice! Maybe the release date.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:19 pm

Grimlock wrote:There'll be a livestream on Friday showing stuff from DLC 5 and the producer, Hirano, will be there too. I expect pretty relevant and interesting information since the producer himself will be there this time.
When were the live streams for the previous DLCs? Were they usually close to the release date?

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:42 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Grimlock wrote:There'll be a livestream on Friday showing stuff from DLC 5 and the producer, Hirano, will be there too. I expect pretty relevant and interesting information since the producer himself will be there this time.
When were the live streams for the previous DLCs? Were they usually close to the release date?
Usually 3-5 days before its release date.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:16 pm

YonedgeHP wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Wasn’t it super obvious that the DLC would release the last Tuesday of the month?

Thats how it always is. In other news, we are within the 15th to the 19th margin for V-JUMP Leaks soooo get hyped.

I’m honestly glad that Xenoverse has lasted this long and its been and honor serving the time patrol with you guys

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:26 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
YonedgeHP wrote:
Kanassa wrote: When were the live streams for the previous DLCs? Were they usually close to the release date?
Wasn’t it super obvious that the DLC would release the last Tuesday of the month?
The question was of which month. We know six is releasing in the early months of next year, so 5 could release in December.
I’m honestly glad that Xenoverse has lasted this long and its been and honor serving the time patrol with you guys
And my our service be ever lasting, because... Together, we can show the world what we can do. You are next to me and I'm next to you...

I can not get Sonic Forces Songs out of my head

Kanassa wrote:

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:27 pm

If the stream is this Friday though and it's 3-5 days before release, wouldn't that just be the 21st rather than the 28th (the last Tuesday of the month)? Either way, can't wait to jump back into it again for a bit, good enough timing too since I should be kinda/sorta in-between games at the time.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:49 pm

Kanassa wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
YonedgeHP wrote: Usually 3-5 days before its release date.
The question was of which month. We know six is releasing in the early months of next year, so 5 could release in December.
And my our service be ever lasting, because... Together, we can show the world what we can do. You are next to me and I'm next to you...

I can not get Sonic Forces Songs out of my head
I agree. I alway catch myself unconsciously humming that song, lol

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:05 pm

I want them to bring back tracks from all the other games. Like this one. Was one of my favorites.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYErC8d5Koc
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player