"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by MisteryOne » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:30 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
MisteryOne wrote: In the anime both Zamasu and Black Rosé were pretty much always spamming the sword trough. Anyway I'm really glad about that attack as well. I would say trough that Ikari Trunks is probably going to be the free one, pretty sure people is more interested in Vegito so he will probably be in the paid one.
Bojack FP could and should be just a transformation like SS IMO. I don't want him to waste other slot, that's a pretty big problem in the game...
I feel like Ikari will get a more heavily modified moveset while Vegetto will just be a clone, but that's just me.
There's no such thing as a "wasted slot", having characters take up multiple slots doesn't take dev resources away from other characters. I never said I wanted him as another slot, though, I said as a costume. Due to the change in his outfit I feel like the only way for the transformation method to work would be if it worked like Pure Progress (non reversible), which is totally possible too be fair.
Well, its true that Vegito Blue will probably be pretty much a clone, but apart from the fact that he didn't use anything new against Zamasu, do you really think they would give it free just because of being a clone? Base Goku Black would disagree with that.
It is indeed a wasted slot when you're just trying to make the character rooster bigger, but in the end you are only making something as dumb as not allowing ROF Goku and Vegeta to go Blue, just because they are separated slots, when they could have perfectly been alternate costumes with different attacks that can go Blue. I didn't trough about the change in outfit to be honest, but still, even if is not reversible, I don't see the point on not allowing a character to transform in battle.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:49 pm

I can See Vegito Blue's Moveset Partially be:

U1 - Spirit Sword
U2 - Final Kamehameha
SA - Maximum Charge
SA2 - Super God Fist

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:59 pm

Oh, so Bojack will be just a mentor. Hopefully they add Android 13 and Tapion as mentors as well, and Garlic Jr and "mini-Wheelo" later on through free DLC. (?) If so, all movie characters would be in the game, in a way or another.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:00 pm

ZeroDio wrote:I can See Vegito Blue's Moveset Partially be:

U1 - Spirit Sword
U2 - Final Kamehameha
SA - Maximum Charge
SA2 - Super God Fist
I'm hoping for him to get a unique version of Super God Fist that is blue and maybe stronger or something.
Grimlock wrote:Oh, so Bojack will be just a mentor. Hopefully they add Android 13 and Tapion as mentors as well, and Garlic Jr and "mini-Wheelo" later on through free DLC. (?) If so, all movie characters would be in the game, in a way or another.
No, I'm pretty sure he's playable too, you can even see a gameplay screenshot of him. Place holder data was also found for him in the game. the translated scan splits Bojack's name from Zamasu and Black for some reason, but in the Japanese version he's listed right alongside them as a character.
Last edited by ArchedThunder on Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:02 pm

Grimlock wrote:Oh, so Bojack will be just a mentor. Hopefully they add Android 13 and Tapion as mentors as well, and Garlic Jr and "mini-Wheelo" later on through free DLC. (?) If so, all movie characters would be in the game, in a way or another.
Wait, he isn't playable? Seriously?
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:04 pm

MisteryOne wrote:
Wait, he isn't playable? Seriously?
He's listed alongside Zamasu and Black as a playable character in the original Japanese text and there is a gameplay shot of him, he's playable.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:09 pm

Well, that shot of him could very well be taken from his fight as mentor, the last lesson. If Bojack will be playable, then I'll just rewrite what I said by saying that Android 13 and Tapion should be playable, and the other ones I mentioned leave them as mentors.

~ Day of the Machines ~

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:11 pm

Grimlock wrote:Well, that shot of him could very well be taken from his fight as mentor, the last lesson. If Bojack will be playable, then I'll just rewrite what I said by saying that Android 13 and Tapion should be playable, and the rest ones I mentioned leave them as mentors.
He's literally listed as a playable character.
Why would they make a moveset for him in DLC just not not have him playable? It's not like he's original like Demigra or Final Form Mira.
Also the gameplay shot is from the perspective of the player using a move with a cinematic camera as Bojack..

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:14 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Grimlock wrote:Well, that shot of him could very well be taken from his fight as mentor, the last lesson. If Bojack will be playable, then I'll just rewrite what I said by saying that Android 13 and Tapion should be playable, and the rest ones I mentioned leave them as mentors.
He's literally listed as a playable character.
Why would they make a moveset for him in DLC just not not have him playable? It's not like he's original like Demigra or Final Form Mira.
Also the gameplay shot is from the perspective of the player using a move with a cinematic camera as Bojack..
Also, with Demigra and Mira, they're not playable because their move set was made to be boss fights.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:11 pm

MOTHERFUCKIN YES!!!

SSJR Goku Black and Zamasu was just what I was waiting for. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Bojack being thrown in there is also really cool. :thumbup:

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:45 pm

I could see Rose's moveset being:
Instant Transmission
Maximum Charge
Aura Slide
Rose Kamehameha(?)

Not sure if that ki-blade move that was done to Goku in the anime seen in the scans is an ultimate or skill move.

I hope aura slide is available for Zamasu, as it's a good counter.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:17 pm

This content pack is really underwhelming, hopefully there is another free pack that goes along with this to boost it up a bit.

- Only two new characters, one of which will most likely be very similar to either Black or Goku.
- Only one new mentor.
- Only 3 costumes.
- 5 techniques
- Only 3 new quests.
- No new story.
- 2 emoticons that no one would pay for anyway.

Damn season pass is way to pricey for what we're getting. Needs at least $10 AUD knocked off of it.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:22 pm

nato25 wrote:This content pack is really underwhelming, hopefully there is another free pack that goes along with this to boost it up a bit.

- Only two new characters, one of which will most likely be very similar to either Black or Goku.
- Only one new mentor.
- Only 3 costumes.
- 5 techniques
- Only 3 new quests.
- No new story.
- 2 emoticons that no one would pay for anyway.

Damn season pass is way to pricey for what we're getting. Needs at least $10 AUD knocked off of it.
It's 3 new characters, not 2.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:40 pm

Pack 4 will probably have the next story mode chapter. I think we will get Merged Zamasu, SSjB Vegito and another new character. I think after Pack 4, that will be it. I doubt we will get a Season Two Season Pass since Dimps probably wants to use more time to make XV3.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:45 pm

Bojack's in because they have burned through all the other iconic movie villains they can put in the game bar Garlic and 13.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:38 pm

With DLC Pack 4 containing the Story Mode, it'll be shorter than I presumed earlier. By dividing it in two packs, they could cover more content from the saga, but it seems Future Trunks saga will have the same length as Universe 6 saga had. We still have two more free DLC packs and while one of them gave us two characters, we can't rely too much on them.

~ Day of the Machines ~

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:27 am

Isn't Bojack confirmed just a mentor?

orphen2005

Post by orphen2005 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:32 am

anyone has info about the current event in the tournament zone? there's no info to be seen and the whole week a warning has appeared everyday.. what have we to do in this event and what are the rewards?

SquadronGOD
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SquadronGOD » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:03 am

this community is funny sometimes... getting hyped about something you've known about for months... I'll get hyped when they announce the new God's... if they ever will.. might just save that for xenoverse 3.. which will definitely not be as successful as the first 2.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:18 am

SquadronGOD wrote:this community is funny sometimes... getting hyped about something you've known about for months... I'll get hyped when they announce the new God's... if they ever will.. might just save that for xenoverse 3.. which will definitely not be as successful as the first 2.
With Dragonball games, it seems to go:
First instalment will be successful, generate interest, make a good amount of cash.
Second instalment will usually be the one that fades into obscurity, though is still successful enough
Third one is where they hit their stride and end the series on a highly profitable note.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017