"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
nato25
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1175
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:17 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Postby nato25 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:09 pm

Draconic wrote:
nato25 wrote:Looks like a dbz games livestream is happening on the 29th. Promises to have fighterz and xv2 news. Should be interesting. Id assume the two new fighterz characters and whoever will accompany baby will be announced.

More like showcased, since they're probably getting announced in VJump first.


Yeah thats almost guaranteed.

User avatar
ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5637
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:03 am

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Postby ArchedThunder » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:22 am

So we're probably looking at a release on the 31st then.
I bet it's a 2 character pack and the second character is Majuub.

User avatar
sintzu
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 12928
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Postby sintzu » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:02 pm

Now that we've seen the new Broly, does anyone think his costume will be added to XV2 as the character model itself is nearly the same as the original.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 256
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:51 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Postby ZeroDio » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:04 pm

sintzu wrote:Now that we've seen the new Broly, does anyone think his costume will be added to XV2 as the character model itself is nearly the same as the original.


I feel they like need to save The Super: Broly Movie for XV3

It would make the game more desirable

User avatar
sintzu
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 12928
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Postby sintzu » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:18 pm

ZeroDio wrote:
sintzu wrote:Now that we've seen the new Broly, does anyone think his costume will be added to XV2 as the character model itself is nearly the same as the original.


I feel they like need to save The Super: Broly Movie for XV3

It would make the game more desirable


I'm not talking about any new moves or the story itself, just his costume as that'll be easy to add in. XV3 probably won't release till early 2020 so I'd assume they'd want to take advantage of the movie's hype in some way right now.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 256
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:51 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Postby ZeroDio » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:46 pm

sintzu wrote:
ZeroDio wrote:
sintzu wrote:Now that we've seen the new Broly, does anyone think his costume will be added to XV2 as the character model itself is nearly the same as the original.


I feel they like need to save The Super: Broly Movie for XV3

It would make the game more desirable


I'm not talking about any new moves or the story itself, just his costume as that'll be easy to add in. XV3 probably won't release till early 2020 so I'd assume they'd want to take advantage of the movie's hype in some way right now.


Well if they did a Super Movie CaC Costume Set + Extra (that also include some stuff from other places) then

Broly
Chelye
Lemo
Goku’s Winter Jacket
Vegeta’s Winter Jacket
Android 21 (for the non-Japanese players)
Majin 21
Resurrection F Bulma
Battle of Gods 18 & Krillin
- a Arctic Mountain Stage (either based on the one from Super 13 or what we are most likely getting in the Broly Movie)

Then that would probably be fine (but a lot of people will demand it to be free cause it’s just “10 costumes & 1 stage”)

User avatar
ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5637
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:03 am

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Postby ArchedThunder » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:30 pm

Honestly? I could see them adding new Broly as a DLC character separate from the existing Broly, especially if he's particularly different move and personality wise.
The movie also has a really good production cycle and should even be wrapping animation production in early October, so it wouldn't be hard to start the character around then and release them in January or February, which would also work with the US release of the movie being in January.
If we get new Broly as a DLC character I hope they include all his forms and not just his Legendary form.

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 256
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:51 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Postby ZeroDio » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:45 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:Honestly? I could see them adding new Broly as a DLC character separate from the existing Broly, especially if he's particularly different move and personality wise.
The movie also has a really good production cycle and should even be wrapping animation production in early October, so it wouldn't be hard to start the character around then and release them in January or February, which would also work with the US release of the movie being in January.
If we get new Broly as a DLC character I hope they include all his forms and not just his Legendary form.



Well considering we don’t know which moved New Broly has... then maybe we get Broly related moves like

- Gigantic Destruction (which has 2 variations which is a Ki Energy Wave and the other is a Energy Sphere)
- Gigantic Omega (LSSJ3 Broly move)
- Eraser Cannon
- Planet Geyser
- Double Eraser Cannon
- Gigantic Eraser
- Lariat

But I hope new Broly uses some of these moves in the movie (plus shows off all his SSJ forms in order)

User avatar
ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5637
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:03 am

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Postby ArchedThunder » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:08 pm

ZeroDio wrote:
Well considering we don’t know which moved New Broly has... then maybe we get Broly related moves like

- Gigantic Destruction (which has 2 variations which is a Ki Energy Wave and the other is a Energy Sphere)
- Gigantic Omega (LSSJ3 Broly move)
- Eraser Cannon
- Planet Geyser
- Double Eraser Cannon
- Gigantic Eraser
- Lariat

But I hope new Broly uses some of these moves in the movie (plus shows off all his SSJ forms in order)

But I'm saying they'd have access to the movie to make his moveset.

User avatar
jeffbr92
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1349
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:49 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Postby jeffbr92 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:10 pm

When they will include Shallot and Zahha?
Power levels are not just big numbers:


by Doctor.

User avatar
ZeroNeonix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 440
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:35 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Postby ZeroNeonix » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:12 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:When they will include Shallot and Zahha?


Probably at the same time that they bring in Pinich and Android 21. That is, likely never.

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 256
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:51 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Postby ZeroDio » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:14 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:
jeffbr92 wrote:When they will include Shallot and Zahha?


Probably at the same time that they bring in Pinich and Android 21. That is, likely never.


If Xenoverse 2 (or XV3) ever gets 21, I say it be better to get Majin 21 over regular Android 21

Even though dimps gave only Japanese players a Android 21 cac outfit

User avatar
Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5537
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:57 am

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Postby Kanassa » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:02 pm

ZeroDio wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:
jeffbr92 wrote:When they will include Shallot and Zahha?


Probably at the same time that they bring in Pinich and Android 21. That is, likely never.


If Xenoverse 2 (or XV3) ever gets 21, I say it be better to get Majin 21 over regular Android 21

Even though dimps gave only Japanese players a Android 21 cac outfit

No, get the regular 21 if we have to get 21
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:


Obligitory Fan Fic Plug: Dragon Ball - Another Road

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 256
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:51 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Postby ZeroDio » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:14 pm

Kanassa wrote:
ZeroDio wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:
Probably at the same time that they bring in Pinich and Android 21. That is, likely never.


If Xenoverse 2 (or XV3) ever gets 21, I say it be better to get Majin 21 over regular Android 21

Even though dimps gave only Japanese players a Android 21 cac outfit

No, get the regular 21 if we have to get 21


Except a heavy majority of 21’s known attacks were used in the Majin Form.

So Regular 21 isn’t really possible unless you slap on Moves from other Androids

User avatar
Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5537
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:57 am

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Postby Kanassa » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:24 pm

ZeroDio wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
ZeroDio wrote:
If Xenoverse 2 (or XV3) ever gets 21, I say it be better to get Majin 21 over regular Android 21

Even though dimps gave only Japanese players a Android 21 cac outfit

No, get the regular 21 if we have to get 21


Except a heavy majority of 21’s known attacks were used in the Majin Form.

So Regular 21 isn’t really possible unless you slap on Moves from other Androids

Majin 21 just uses other people's attacks, at least normal 21 would have the chance to be unique in some way.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:


Obligitory Fan Fic Plug: Dragon Ball - Another Road

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 256
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:51 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Postby ZeroDio » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:31 pm

Kanassa wrote:
ZeroDio wrote:
Kanassa wrote:No, get the regular 21 if we have to get 21


Except a heavy majority of 21’s known attacks were used in the Majin Form.

So Regular 21 isn’t really possible unless you slap on Moves from other Androids

Majin 21 just uses other people's attacks, at least normal 21 would have the chance to be unique in some way.


Connoisuer Cut
Total Detonation Ball
Hors d'Oeuvre Stab
Excellent Full Course
Absolute Release Ball
Sweet Tooth

These 6 moves are solely used by Majin 21 (though Absoulte Release Ball is also Regular 21’s ultimate in the heroes arcade game)

But yea I know Majin 21 uses 8 moves from different characters.

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 4:51 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Postby Majin Demigra » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:25 pm

Welp, Fu just confirmed there are infinite timelines

https://m.imgur.com/a/sDItIO6

User avatar
ZeroNeonix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 440
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:35 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Postby ZeroNeonix » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:29 pm

Majin Demigra wrote:Welp, Fu just confirmed there are infinite timelines

https://m.imgur.com/a/sDItIO6


That looks like a scene from the Extra Pack 2 story.

Dbzfan94
I Live Here
Posts: 4350
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:16 pm
Location: Mt. Paozu

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Postby Dbzfan94 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:45 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:
Majin Demigra wrote:Welp, Fu just confirmed there are infinite timelines

https://m.imgur.com/a/sDItIO6


That looks like a scene from the Extra Pack 2 story.


It is.

User avatar
Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5537
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:57 am

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Postby Kanassa » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:52 am

Alright, probably your last chance to get your predictions in on the second character.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:


Obligitory Fan Fic Plug: Dragon Ball - Another Road

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017


Return to “Video Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bebi Hatchiyack, nato25, Sandubadear, ZeroNeonix and 3 guests