"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Big Black Sayian » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:39 pm

LightBing wrote:She shouldn't be playable, right? Only appearing in this what-if scenario. She doesn't have stats like Yamcha and Tenshinhan.
Maybe she's an NPC but playable down the line? ALso, I noticed this was called a what-if scenario. Perhaps there's regular scenario/arcade mode that follows the plot closer to regular DB/DBZ/DBS?

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Nickolaidas » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:42 pm

LightBing wrote:She shouldn't be playable, right? Only appearing in this what-if scenario. She doesn't have stats like Yamcha and Tenshinhan.
She could be the first DLC character. We'll see.

#19 makes more sense to be in than Dr Gero, in the vein that Arc Sys has a lot more manga sketches to inspire his attacks, since he fought Goku, while Gero never really fought (don't remember him performing any moves on Piccolo - he just rushed towards him only to be kicked away). Unless they draw inspiration from previous video games, there's little material for Gero.

They could always make their own, though.

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:43 pm

As I remember, stats of Android #16 also was not shown.
She should be playable. One more girl to the roster.
Last edited by Ranmaru Rei on Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:48 pm

We don't know. Maybe she isn't complete enough to show gameplay stuff, but instead they wanted to hype us up, and showed us her concept art, and a story mode cutscene shot.
Btw, I hear people saying she doesn't feels like Dragon Ball. Well, turns out she was designed by Toriyama... Her look is also very 80's like many things about DB.

HECTOR4
Regular

Post by HECTOR4 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:50 pm

Kokonoe wrote: And those fit Dragon Ball well, not this design, to me at least.
This new design has the style of eyes for women that Toriyama currently uses, and the scrambled hair style that the author has always used for many girl designs, a little different (with more exaggerated hair extensions) so that it's not the same as all of the above. I don't see what the difference is.
Last edited by HECTOR4 on Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:52 pm

Big Black Saiyan wrote:Maybe she's an NPC but playable down the line? ALso, I noticed this was called a what-if scenario. Perhaps there's regular scenario/arcade mode that follows the plot closer to regular DB/DBZ/DBS?
Arcade Mode in ArcSys games usually have their own story. In general it is kinda a prelude that prepares to actual Story Mode, showing reason to fight for each fighter. But DBFZ is a 3vs3 game. I have no idea what will be Arcade Mode for this game.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:58 pm

Yeah she could be a DLC character. I just find it weird.

Here are the updated stats of the characters. Tenshinhan is equal to Kuririn, #18 and #16. Yamcha is now the weakest stat wise character in the game.

[spoiler]SSB Goku
Power - 4
Speed - 5
Reach - 3
Technique - 4
Energy - 2

Total - 18

SSB Vegeta
Power - 5
Speed - 4
Reach - 2
Technique - 3
Energy - 4

Total - 18

Piccolo
Power - 3
Speed - 2
Reach - 4
Technique - 4
Energy - 3

Total - 16

Future Trunks
Power - 3
Speed - 3
Reach - 3
Technique - 4
Energy - 2

Total - 15

Kuririn
Power - 2
Speed - 3
Reach - 1
Technique - 4
Energy - 4

Total - 14

Power - 3
Speed - 3
Reach - 2
Technique - 3
Energy - 3

Total - 14

Power - 4
Speed - 1
Reach - 4
Technique - 2
Energy - 3

Total - 14

Tenshinhan
Power - 3
Speed - 3
Reach - 3
Technique - 3
Energy - 2

Total - 14

Yamcha
Power - 2
Speed - 4
Reach - 2
Technique - 3
Energy - 2

Total - 13[/spoiler]

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:06 pm

And here's a fanart already. :)

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:08 pm

Grimlock wrote:And here's a fanart already. :)

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
And the rule 34 will probably follow suit very soon :lol:
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:10 pm

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
This fanbase is quick as hell! This is not the right thread, but here's another one: :lol:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:19 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
This fanbase is quick as hell! This is not the right thread, but here's another one: :lol:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
God Lord. The Dragon Ball fanbase must have many speed drawers. :P

EDIT: I'm gonna make a quick stop into Pixiv and see what's up. :)
Last edited by Lord Beerus on Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:22 pm

Definitely a possibility that #21 is Dr Gero's daughter since she's the one who is reviving #16, Gero's son! And they have the same hair color. Should this be a theory or not?
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:32 pm

Herms wrote:It says Android No.21 (designed by Toriyama) is a scientist with brains on par with Dr. Gero, and may be related to No.16's resurrection.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:48 pm

[spoiler][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... AAQ2jy.png[/img[/spoiler]

I really liked her design, but one thing I found interesting is that she's named Android 21, so it seems Toriyama don't count Cell as the #21 as I thought he did (don't ask me why) lol
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:54 pm

Tenshinhan and Yamcha seem super interesting, reading the translation. Each new character launched is more innovative than the one before, I'm loving it. The volleyball attack is in, excellent. :D

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:59 pm

Only I never thought that Cell is Android #21??? I always thought he is special case. The unumbered android, because he refers himself as Cell…

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:20 pm

An original story with an original character designed by Toriyama himself. Very interesting, enough to make me want to get the game now.

Why they couldn't have done these original ideas in the years before Xenoverse I'll never know.

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:22 pm

Bullza wrote:An original story with an original character designed by Toriyama himself. Very interesting, enough to make me want to get the game now.

Why they couldn't have done these original ideas in the years before Xenoverse I'll never know.
DB Online was long before Xenoverse. New story and characters that was designed by Toriyama.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:30 pm

Noah wrote: so it seems Toriyama don't count Cell as the #21 as I thought he did (don't ask me why) lol
Maybe he forgot about Cell.

I always assumed that too.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:38 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
Noah wrote: so it seems Toriyama don't count Cell as the #21 as I thought he did (don't ask me why) lol
Maybe he forgot about Cell.

I always assumed that too.
I always thought the Androids and Cell were considered to be in different leagues. Androids 1 to 21 were of the same make, upgrades of the same product line; where as Cell was an entirely new product. A bio-android.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017