"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:01 am

Kataphrut wrote:There's ya boyz...
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

DAY. ONE. PURCHASE.

The gr
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by The gr » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:27 am

Finally dbs character are included,can't wait to play as hit & black.
    What other DBS character you think will be playable here.My prediction is Caulifla with kale as an assist,Kefla,Cabba,Frost,Jiren,Toppo,Dyspo,Ribrianne and maybe katoplesla,U3 robots & the trio de dangers.I could see most of these characters being DLC.
    Mostly active on discord.

Kataphrut
    I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:41 am

The gr wrote:Finally dbs character are included,can't wait to play as hit & black.

What other DBS character you think will be playable here.My prediction is Caulifla with kale as an assist,Kefla,Cabba,Frost,Jiren,Toppo,Dyspo,Ribrianne and maybe katoplesla,U3 robots & the trio de dangers.I could see most of these characters being DLC..
    These three being in base has all but confirmed Jiren and at least one of the Saiyan girls for DLC in my mind. I don't think they'd go all Super though, that would be a bad idea. There's still original Dragonball, movies, GT and possible guest characters to draw from.

My pick for 8 DLC would be Broly, Bardock (movies/spin-offs) Jiren, Caulifla w/Kale (Super), Kid Goku, Roshi (Dragonball), Arale and Jaco (guest, alternative Toriyama). Nothing from GT excites me enough to include, honestly.

Legion
    Regular

Post by Legion » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:47 am

Beerus stats are too OP.

sintzu
    Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:49 am

I can't wait to get my hands on this, it looks better every time we see it. There'll be one more issue before it releases so we might end up seeing Vegetto.
    July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

The gr
    I Live Here

Post by The gr » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:49 am

Kataphrut wrote: My pick for 8 DLC would be Broly, Bardock (movies/spin-offs) Jiren, Caulifla w/Kale (Super), Kid Goku, Roshi (Dragonball), Arale and Jaco (guest, alternative Toriyama). Nothing from GT excites me enough to include, honestly.
    Pan could be a cool addition along with Yi Xing Long & Super saiyan 4.
    Mostly active on discord.

ShadowBardock89
    Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:54 am

We really do not have much on Jiren for him to be included, yet.

*sigh* This makes me sad. If Broly (most likely) and Bardock (popular character) make it in as DLC, then all of the roster of Extreme Butoden is in Fighterz except my favorite character. It feels like a slap to the face. I might pass this game.
    http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
    http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
    https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:38 am

The gr wrote:
    Kataphrut wrote: My pick for 8 DLC would be Broly, Bardock (movies/spin-offs) Jiren, Caulifla w/Kale (Super), Kid Goku, Roshi (Dragonball), Arale and Jaco (guest, alternative Toriyama). Nothing from GT excites me enough to include, honestly.
    Pan could be a cool addition along with Yi Xing Long & Super saiyan 4.
    Hm, maybe. I think the Blues render SSJ4s pointless, Pan's alright, but I don't think she's got enough moveset potential, and Shenron is just kind of a boring tough guy villain. And yes, I'm aware of the hypocrisy of calling him that when my list includes Broly and Jiren, but at least Jiren has the excuse of being new, while Broly is practically grandfathered into the games. Honestly, while I put him on my list because I'm 90% sure he'll be in, I'd negotiate for just about anyone else.

Also, I just noticed that Beerus and Black's stats spell out 'ASS' and now I can't take them seriously any more. Funny, God is an ASS, but the ASSassin is not.

Bullza
    Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:40 am

Well I'll be damned, I was sure they'd scam people by making them DLC. I'll probably pick it up then when it comes out.

Olympian
    Regular

Post by Olympian » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:09 am

Legion wrote:Beerus stats are too OP.
    Nothing suprising, we could have a new king on the Hill, surpassing Majin Buu.
    Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

LightBing
    I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:13 am

Yup this was to be expected. You can't have the Blue Saiyans without their respective villains.

Rosé Black definitely looks the best from these images. Curious about the translation. These dramatic finishes look awesome! Damn they are making an amazing job at catering to us.

Draconic
    I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:23 pm

Those scans are probably fake. The game is called FighterZ. ZEE! There aren't going to be Super characters in this game.
    Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

ArchedThunder
    Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:47 pm

I'm very happy that Black has lots of stuff that he didn't have in XV2, especially his scythe, same goes for Beerus and his atom shaped blasts.
    Hit looks great, though they sadly don't show much, but it's cool to see that the timeskip effect is anime accurate.
    Dramatic finishes are neat.

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:52 pm

I ain't that interested in Beerus, but Hit and Black? Hell yeah! Can't wait to see how Hit plays out.
    Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
    Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

LightBing
    I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:54 pm

This is must be all characters with #21 hidden in-game, right? I'm only missing Dabra, otherwise the roster is perfect to me.

Ikazvyr
    Beyond Newbie

Post by Ikazvyr » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:24 pm

LightBing wrote:This is must be all characters with #21 hidden in-game, right? I'm only missing Dabra, otherwise the roster is perfect to me.
    The game is gonna release in January 26, so I don't believe the next V-Jump issue will show us more characters. So I believe the roster is complete. Any new character should be DLC from now on

TheMikado
    I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:29 pm

Ugh no Dabura. Much rather him than another Goku. I would have even preferred Zamasu, hit will be cool but not excited to see Yamcha fight Beerus.

It was day one for me based on story mode but I’ll wait to see if the story mode is worth it.

ArchedThunder
    Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:44 pm

TheMikado wrote:Ugh no Dabura. Much rather him than another Goku. I would have even preferred Zamasu, hit will be cool but not excited to see Yamcha fight Beerus.

It was day one for me based on story mode but I’ll wait to see if the story mode is worth it.
    Black isn't "Another Goku".

TheMikado
    I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:52 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
    TheMikado wrote:Ugh no Dabura. Much rather him than another Goku. I would have even preferred Zamasu, hit will be cool but not excited to see Yamcha fight Beerus.

Black isn't "Another Goku".
    He’s literally in Gokus body.

Roronoa-pt
    Beyond Newbie

Post by Roronoa-pt » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:53 pm

Will most definetly get the game in January. I made a decision to wait for the inevitable complete edition but knowing now that Beerus, Black & Hit will be in the main roster ( not confirmed but almost ) I have no reasons to wait for a complete edition to be released. My most wanted characters are already here, don't care about movie or GT characters, neither I do care about the U6 fighters, so the upcoming DLC characters, whover they are, don't interest me much.

Can't wait to try my Team Earth ( Kuririn, Yamcha,Ten+Chaozu ) and wreck the power-house team ( Beerus, Black and Hit ).