"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LightBing
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by LightBing » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:22 am

Simere wrote:It kinda looks like Beerus, Hit and Black are in that arcade picture. Enhance!
One seems very much like Hit to me. Can't spot Beerus and Goku Black.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Simere » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:25 am

LightBing wrote:
Simere wrote:It kinda looks like Beerus, Hit and Black are in that arcade picture. Enhance!
One seems very much like Hit to me. Can't spot Beerus and Goku Black.
The one at the top in the middle looks kinda like Black in Rose to me, or it could be Boo. The one diagonal down to the right seems kinda like Beerus. The Hit could be Ginyu.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:30 am

Not sure about Gohan but if they make him go Mystic the more Ki he gathers or some other sort of input, I wouldn`t mind. Kid Buu was a sure in and Gotenks kind of was in many lists as well. He seems to be SSJ3 in model and at the very least able to go SSJ3 under the same or similar mechanics of Goku.

This pretty much confirms that the base roster is the "Dragonball(Z)" main cast and villains for most of the manga and anime.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:38 am

Kataphrut wrote:Took them long enough. How did we get this long without adult Gohan?

I presume that's it for Buu saga representation. Unless you count Satan, who I would still like to see. I think with this, the only real locks left are him and Beerus.
You already had the most popular Gohan in the game and Adult Gohan is basically Yamcha without scars.

Right now, I have almost the Strikers Trio complete :twisted:

Yamcha with the Sokidan, Gotenks with the Suicide Ghost attack and either Tenshinhan and Chiatzu or Buu with the Paralize/Chocolate combo`ing? Or will I wait for Black? Decisions, decicions. If they were making OD Dragon characters it would be easy.
Last edited by Olympian on Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:56 am

So it seems that the majority of the roster IS from Extreme Butoden.
I wonder if the rest of that roster (Beerus, Broly, Bardock, and Raditz) are going be in this game?
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:08 am

I guess we can look of this as a burst limit 2 as this is most likely what the roster would look like if it were to be released today. Every month this game looks better.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:09 am

With these three, the base roster must be about complete. Similarities with the game aside I still view the base roster as "older, most iconic heroes and villains of the show". DLC will be totally Super material.

If there`s still slots for the base roster Beerus must be in since he`s already one of the gang by now. Chances are, Brolly as well, but I`m betting they`re letting that one for a possible DLC for the "movie character" staple.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:28 am

ShadowBardock89 wrote:So it seems that the majority of the roster IS from Extreme Butoden.
I wonder if the rest of that roster (Beerus, Broly, Bardock, and Raditz) are going be in this game?
Always been dubious of the EB roster theory. The mock rosters I made all had the majority coming "from" EB's roster without ever having consulted it. With a roster this small you don't have much wiggle room after you take care of the essentials.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:35 am

I definetly see Beerus in the arcade photo, but not Black. Looks more like Buu.

As other people have said, UGohan is not really a original character in terms of moveset, but let's see what they can do.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:50 am

Alright, let's see and remember what we have here through announcements:
  • 1st: SS Goku, Super Vegeta, SS2 Gohan, Final Form Frieza, Perfect Cell and Majin Buu
  • 2nd: SS Trunks, Krillin and Piccolo
  • 3rd: Blue Goku, Blue Vegeta, 18/17 and 16
  • 4th: Yamcha, Tien and 21(?)
  • 5th: Nappa and Ginyu
  • 6th: SS3 Gotenks, Ultimate Gohan and Kid Buu
I can tell by these announcements that ASW seems to reveal 3 characters at a time on average. Since we have 2 more months and V-Jumps before the game comes out, this means we could possibly have around 6 more character yet to be revealed. Well, that is unless ASW uses their last V-Jump announcement to show off the DLC characters...
Last edited by Rinsankajugin on Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:51 am

MisteryOne wrote:I definetly see Beerus in the arcade photo, but not Black. Looks more like Buu.

As other people have said, UGohan is not really a original character in terms of moveset, but let's see what they can do.
I agree it's (Kid) Boo, looks just like his in-game portrait.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:19 am

I've updated the stats from all the characters. We have a new king in town! Pure Boo has even better stats than the Blue Saiyans!
Seems like he has no weaknesses. Let's hope he's a very difficult character to master.

I know these attributes are just general indicators and shouldn't be taken literally but damn, Pure Boo seems overpowered.

[spoiler]Pure Boo
Power - 4
Speed - 4
Reach - 3
Technique - 4
Energy - 4

Total - 19

SSB Goku
Power - 4
Speed - 5
Reach - 3
Technique - 4
Energy - 2

Total - 18

SSB Vegeta
Power - 5
Speed - 4
Reach - 2
Technique - 3
Energy - 4

Total - 18

Freeza
Power - 3
Speed - 3
Reach - 3
Technique - 4
Energy - 4

Total - 17

Majin Boo
Power - 4
Speed - 1
Reach - 4
Technique - 4
Energy - 4

Total - 17

Cell
Power - 4
Speed - 3
Reach - 4
Technique - 3
Energy - 3

Total - 17

Piccolo
Power - 3
Speed - 2
Reach - 4
Technique - 4
Energy - 3

Total - 16

Mystic Gohan
Power - 3
Speed - 4
Reach - 3
Technique - 4
Energy - 2

Total - 16

SSJ3 Gotenks
Power - 3
Speed - 4
Reach - 1
Technique - 3
Energy - 4

Total - 15

SSJ2 Gohan
Power - 5
Speed - 4
Reach - 1
Technique - 2
Energy - 3

Total - 15

SSJ Goku
Power - 4
Speed - 2
Reach - 3
Technique - 3
Energy - 3

Total - 15

SSJ Vegeta
Power - 3
Speed - 3
Reach - 2
Technique - 3
Energy - 4

Total - 15

Future Trunks
Power - 3
Speed - 3
Reach - 3
Technique - 4
Energy - 2

Total - 15

Ginyu
Power - 4
Speed - 2
Reach - 3
Technique - 4
Energy - 2

Total - 15

Kuririn
Power - 2
Speed - 3
Reach - 1
Technique - 4
Energy - 4

Total - 14

Power - 3
Speed - 3
Reach - 2
Technique - 3
Energy - 3

Total - 14

Power - 4
Speed - 1
Reach - 4
Technique - 2
Energy - 3

Total - 14

Tenshinhan
Power - 3
Speed - 3
Reach - 3
Technique - 3
Energy - 2

Total - 14

Nappa
Power - 4
Speed - 1
Reach - 4
Technique - 3
Energy - 2

Total - 14

Yamcha
Power - 2
Speed - 4
Reach - 2
Technique - 3
Energy - 2

Total - 13[/spoiler]

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:11 pm

ShadowBardock89 wrote:So it seems that the majority of the roster IS from Extreme Butoden.
I don't know how accurate this is but it seems like there'll be 8 DLC characters and Broly, Raditz & Bardock will be among them.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:14 pm

sintzu wrote:
I don't know how accurate this is but it seems like there'll be 8 DLC characters and Broly, Raditz & Bardock will be among them.
Wasn't there a "Saiyan Pack" announced? It would fit the bill.

I just hope Base Goku and Base Vegeta are not DLC, that would be a waste.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:21 pm

ShadowBardock89 wrote:Wasn't there a "Saiyan Pack" announced? It would fit the bill.

I think that's what it was but it was just leaked, not announced as far as I know.

They'll probably (hopefully) be in a free update like XV2's updates.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:07 pm

All I want now is raditz. Theyve given me everything else and I cant ask for anything more.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:10 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:All I want now is raditz. Theyve given me everything else and I cant ask for anything more.
Raditz is already in:
[spoiler]Nappa can plant them. :lol:[/spoiler]

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:33 pm

ShadowBardock89 wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Wasn't there a "Saiyan Pack" announced? It would fit the bill.

Nothing was announced as of yet

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:45 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:All I want now is raditz. Theyve given me everything else and I cant ask for anything more.
Why him ? why of all the characters in DB, Z, movies, GT, Super, what ifs, etc. would you pick Raditz ?
KayDash wrote:Raditz is already in:
Nappa can plant them. :lol: