"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Simere
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Simere » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:29 am

Golden Freeza is an install, Kaio-ken is only confirmed as part of a super so far.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Saiga » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:43 am

So, 12 officially revealed characters, 18 has been mentioned and Boo/Gohan both look like they're getting another variant in the game.

And the layout of the website makes it look as though we'd get 17 characters total.

That'd leave just two characters to be revealed, which seems like a very unusual roster. I think that either the website layout is off, or the four variants aren't being counted in it (which would give us 6 unknowns at this stage).
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:49 am

emperior wrote: Someone has translated it and it turns out the story is a what-if centered around 16 being revived and going after the Z Warriors.
Who is this "someone" though? The number of translators I'd trust is like less than 10.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:04 am

The S wrote:
emperior wrote: Someone has translated it and it turns out the story is a what-if centered around 16 being revived and going after the Z Warriors.
Who is this "someone" though? The number of translators I'd trust is like less than 10.
Sal Romano.

MaskedRider
Banned

Post by MaskedRider » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:18 am

I was going to buy this regardless but I personally love SSBKK and want this even more :D

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:17 am

Wasn't expecting SSJB to make it into the game, let along SSJBKK. So that's a real super treat. Oh, and Android 16 and 18 making into the game is great. Pretty much guarantees Android 17 is will be included, too.

Good stuff, Arc Systems. :thumbup:

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:26 am

Lord Beerus wrote:Wasn't expecting SSJB to make it into the game, let along SSJBKK. So that's a real super treat. Oh, and Android 16 and 18 making into the game is great. Pretty much guarantees Android 17 is will be included, too.

Good stuff, Arc Systems. :thumbup:
I'm reading posts on other sites thinking that 17 will be an assist character or be part of a move like Accel Dance. I hope that is not the case.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Zidiane
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Zidiane » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:29 am

Seems way to early to be judging the story.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:19 am

I'm rather disappointed. Not with the story-mode which left me intrigued and pleasingly surprised, even if #16 is a character I'm neutral about.

What disappoints me is that, if 17 characters is the total number 23% of the game is Vegeta and Goku. I know they can and will make Blue Goku and Blue Vegeta different from their SSJ versions, but they can only do so much.
What hurts me the most is that this will push out other characters and I'm not talking about fringe characters like Freeza's goons, I'm thinking about the Ginyu's, Nappa's, Gotenk's and Yamcha's of the World.

#18 special attack calling #17 is pretty awkward. If #17 is absent from the game, it ruins the tag team immersion and if he's in the game, using the attack if he's not in the team once again ruins the immersion.

I think adding the Blue versions to the game so soon is to appeal to the Dragon Ball fans. I don't like it, I much prefer they introduced Hit or Goku Black or Zamasu for the Super experience. You know brand-new characters.

Also that 3 vs 3 multiplayer in real-time seems like a pretty fun experience. Specially if your playing among friends, it increases the lifetime of the game to casual gamers by a long time just for this fun feature. Very well done. :thumbup:

I'm still pretty hyped for the game, this news cooled me a bit however.

sophitia
Not-So-Newbie

Post by sophitia » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:24 am

emperior wrote:
sophitia wrote:Yes! I'm happy Blue and 16. :clap:
emperior wrote:Blue Goku with Kaio-Ken? Awesome. Vegeta is also looking very good.

But the what-if story mode with 16 seems lame... Couldn't they get someone else as the main villain? I hope they will handle it well, in the end Dragon Ball has always been full of lame ideas which were handled very well and resulted in something awesome and entertaining.
Where does it state that 16 is the main villain?
Someone has translated it and it turns out the story is a what-if centered around 16 being revived and going after the Z Warriors.
lol I hope it's a mistranslation. I saw the scan on Gematsu, but the Japanese word implies nothing about 16 being the main villain. Unless they have another scan.

Saiga wrote:So, 12 officially revealed characters, 18 has been mentioned and Boo/Gohan both look like they're getting another variant in the game.

And the layout of the website makes it look as though we'd get 17 characters total.

That'd leave just two characters to be revealed, which seems like a very unusual roster. I think that either the website layout is off, or the four variants aren't being counted in it (which would give us 6 unknowns at this stage).
There's no way this game will only have 17 characters.

There's still like 5 months until 2018. Currently we have 13 characters, they're not gonna reveal 1 character per month.

Slaythe
Beyond Newbie

Post by Slaythe » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:24 pm

So guys, if like me, you're disappointed 17 is an assist for 18, let bandai know you care about him, for them to potentially add him as DLC. Game comes out next year so it's not too late yet.

I made this.

https://twitter.com/JustSlaythe/status/ ... 9820685312
I've tweeted at them, I'd appreciate the support.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:29 pm

Slaythe wrote:So guys, if like me, you're disappointed 17 is an assist for 18, let bandai know you care about him, for them to potentially add him as DLC. Game comes out next year so it's not too late yet.

I made this.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Let's not jump the gun here, Slaythe. It's still unknown as to what capacity Android 17 will be in the game beyond assisting Android 18 in a combination attack. The roster is still not complete yet.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:31 pm

LightBing wrote:What disappoints me is that, if 17 characters is the total number 23% of the game is Vegeta and Goku. I know they can and will make Blue Goku and Blue Vegeta different from their SSJ versions, but they can only do so much.
What hurts me the most is that this will push out other characters and I'm not talking about fringe characters like Freeza's goons, I'm thinking about the Ginyu's, Nappa's, Gotenk's and Yamcha's of the World.
I'm very dubious of 17 being the final number of characters in the game, but whatever the number, this wouldn't have pushed anyone out. The count is based on the amount of work it takes to create a character. Even considering both together, the amount of work required to create SSB Goku and Vegeta wouldn't be equal to even a fourth of a completely new character.

KorgDTR2000
Beyond Newbie

Post by KorgDTR2000 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:47 pm

If it really is 17 characters there are only four more character reveals from now until release. I just don't see that happening. Not to mention, 17 characters in a 3v3 game is a really weird number.

18 is more likely but still unlikely. I really think it'll be 24.

Slaythe
Beyond Newbie

Post by Slaythe » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:07 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Slaythe wrote:So guys, if like me, you're disappointed 17 is an assist for 18, let bandai know you care about him, for them to potentially add him as DLC. Game comes out next year so it's not too late yet.

I made this.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Let's not jump the gun here, Slaythe. It's still unknown as to what capacity Android 17 will be in the game beyond assisting Android 18 in a combination attack. The roster is still not complete yet.
I mean, he's called an assist on the scan that reveals 16 and 18, while 16 is revealed to have some sinister twist in the story mode.

It wouldn't make ANY sense to reveal them like this. They'd either announce 16 alone, or later to keep the story twist as surprise. And 17 and 18 would be together.

Trunks also doesn't have his super form so there's really 0 reason to believe they'd somehow withhold 17's inclusion. :/

This is really sad.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:32 pm

Slaythe wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:

I made this.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I mean, he's called an assist on the scan that reveals 16 and 18, while 16 is revealed to have some sinister twist in the story mode.

It wouldn't make ANY sense to reveal them like this. They'd either announce 16 alone, or later to keep the story twist as surprise. And 17 and 18 would be together.

Trunks also doesn't have his super form so there's really 0 reason to believe they'd somehow withhold 17's inclusion. :/

This is really sad.
Things could change. Remember, there is a beta coming out very soon. Voice your opinion properly in that and they may respond.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:37 pm

Is it me, or there is a white haired SS Goku with black Gi in the SSB Goku scan?

Also, does anyone have a list of the revealed stats for each character? Kinda curious about how strong the SSBs are compared to other characters.

Kinda sad about 17 being apparently out and 18 having the old design, but it's obvious the game started to develop before the US arc started, so can we really blame them? Either way I don't like at all that he appears in the final attack of 18. I don't really care about 16 at all, but let's see what they do with him.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Slaythe
Beyond Newbie

Post by Slaythe » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:42 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Slaythe wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: Let's not jump the gun here, Slaythe. It's still unknown as to what capacity Android 17 will be in the game beyond assisting Android 18 in a combination attack. The roster is still not complete yet.

This is really sad.
Things could change. Remember, there is a beta coming out very soon. Voice your opinion properly in that and they may respond.
That's exactly what I'm doing though ? I spent hours making that 17 card, I tweeted at them, I encouraged other people that feel 17 deserves a spot as DLC character to support that tweet.

I don't think I was out of line, or that I was "jumping the gun". The core roster has been decided long ago, they're not gonna change it now.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:49 pm

Translation of those V-Jump scans. Still no mention of SSBKK being an install, but SSB Goku being a high speed character with a command grab sounds exciting.

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:53 pm

16, the "main" grappler? And 17 characters at launch?That means Broly or a couple more popular movie characters won't be in huh? Well...i just hope SSB and Ultimate Gohan are the only alternative slots and no more, cuz I hated Extreme Butouden's roster.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.