8 DLC Characters for FighterZ

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: 8 DLC Characters for FighterZ

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:11 pm

Nickolaidas wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:
Take that jackass out - the one who looks like he's wearing a rubber suit, replace him with Gero or Roshi and you've got yourself a deal!
Which one are you talking about?
Shenlong, of course!
What kind of rubber suits look like Omega Shelong? :P

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:17 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: Which one are you talking about?
Shenlong, of course!
What kind of rubber suits look like Omega Shelong? :P
C'mon, man - guy looks like a reject from a godzilla movie. :P

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:14 am

1) GT Trunks (Base Form, Super Saiyan, and Super Saiyan 3).

2) Demon God Démigra (Tokitoki Absorbed, Démigra Final, and Makyouka Form).

3) Future Tapion (Base Form, Future Hirudegarn's Top Half, and Shin Future Hirudegarn).

4) Mira (Base Form, Runaway Mira, Super Mira, and Final Form Mira).

5) GT Gotenks (Base Form, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2, and Super Saiyan 3).

6) Zangya (Base Form, Full Power Hera-seijin, and Majin Zangya).

7) Future Trunks (Dragon Ball Super) (Base Form, Super Saiyan, Full Power Super Saiyan 2, and Super Saiyan Rage).

[spoiler]8) Baby Vegeta (Base Form, Tuffle Super Saiyan, Super Baby Vegeta 1, and Super Baby Vegeta 2).[/spoiler]
[spoiler]ImageImage
Image[/spoiler]

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:03 pm

This is what I expect from looking at gameplay possibilites, popularity and relevance in Super:

1. Broly (lssj)
2. Janemba (final form)
3. Cooler (I don't know which version, but I see more possibilities with Metal Cooler)
4. Roshi
5. Vegito (they would probably use his ssj form, with ssb final kamehameha as a level 3)
6. Bardock or Raditz (can't decide, but my preference is Raditz if gameplay is a deciding factor)
7. Califla (with Kale)
8. Jiren

So, 3 movie characters, 3 original Z characters (well, except Bardock who from TV special, whatevs), 2 super characters.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:50 am

In the Dragon Ball FighterZ thread I posted my wants here I'll post my predictions.
I expect thematic releases and focused releases.

DLC Characters 1 and 2 - Movie Pack
Broly and Janemba: huge upside for a fighting game, very popular and certain to appeal to most Dragon Ball fans.

DLC Characters 3 and 4 - ToP Pack
Muten Roshi and Kefla/Caulifla: Muten Roshi due to demand, potential for unique gameplay with his various techniques and for representing old school Dragon Ball; the Saiyan girls are probably the second most important characters from ToP and they fill the need for females(#21 is female specifically for diversity). I expect Kefla to be the choice but Caulifla with Kale is an strong option.

DLC Characters 5 and 6 - Boo Arc Pack
Dabra and Vegetto: Vegetto is easily one of the most requested characters and essential to keep casual players interested; Dabra is a Arc System type character, he's also moderately appealing to fans.

DLC Characters 7 and 8 - Pride Troopers Pack
Jiren and Toppo: Jiren is in due to his status as the arcs's antagonist; Toppo is fairly important in the ToP arc and he's a grappler something Dragon Ball has very little of.

Characters who won't be in:
Bardock - He's uninteresting by himself, contributes to Goku fatigue and has no connection to any of the new material. I'm very confident they'll stay clear from him. There's a chance the new Dragon Ball movie brings him back to relevance and he becomes an option in a later DLC.

GT Characters - They are old news and have absolutely no connection to the new material. Besides with a few exceptions, there's not many characters people would even want.

I predict another season pass with less DLC characters - 8 is a lot -, one or more characters from the new Dragon Ball movie and characters from Super's new arc.

Benedetto12
Beyond Newbie

Post by Benedetto12 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:34 pm

I would like to ser characters from DB, DBZ, DBGT, DBS and Movies.

DB:
Roshi
Blue
Piccolo Daimaoh

DBZ:
Raditz
Dabura
Vegetto

DBGT:
Uub
Omega Shenron
Nouva Shenron
Súper 17
Baby Vegeta
Rildo

DBS:
Kale + Caulifla (Can fuse into Kefla)
Jiren
Toppo
Ribrianne

Movies:
Gogeta
Tapion
Bojack
Broly
Cooler

Other:
Bardock (SSJ)
Towa
Mira

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:38 pm

My wishlist trying to be realistic (so no Videl and Pan-chan), but i guess they will be some boring DBS character only because they will bring money..

1. Cooler
2. Omega Shenron
3. Goku SSJ4
4. Baby Vegeta
5. Broly
6. Bardock
7. Janemba
8. Super Gogeta
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:36 pm

1. Mercenary Tao. I can see his intro being his drops in on the pillar. He has a lot of cool attacks like Dodon Ray and could use his tongue like how he killed Blue

2. Master Roshi- plenty of awesome moves in DB. Mafuba, hypnosis, and the electric attack. He can go full power similar to SS3 and golden form.

3. Janemba- sick design, awesome abilities.

4. Broly- a staple in dbz games. I’d rather see him over Kale.

5. Teen Chichi- do something similar to what super DBZ did. Roster needs more girls too. I know this’ll never happen but I can hope.

6. Vegito- self explanatory. He can be in SSJ but turns Blue for an ultimate like full power Roshi

7. Jiren- dbs marketing

8. SSJ4 Gogeta- just to have some GT in there without adding another Goku

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:40 pm

LightBing wrote:
GT Characters - They are old news and have absolutely no connection to the new material. Besides with a few exceptions, there's not many characters people would even want.
“Old news” doesn’t matter to Toei or Bandai. SSJ4 still makes a fuck ton of money. If ArcSys wants them in, they’ll be in.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:04 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
LightBing wrote:
“Old news” doesn’t matter to Toei or Bandai. SSJ4 still makes a fuck ton of money. If ArcSys wants them in, they’ll be in.
Like I said it has no connection to new material. From a marketing perspective they don't matter, if you want to pull new audiences you put Super characters in because there's an on-going manga and anime to pull people in.

GT characters will only make it in if there's a big enough demand: with Super brimming with shiny new characters I don't see it happening.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:09 pm

LightBing wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
LightBing wrote:
Like I said it has no connection to new material. From a marketing perspective they don't matter, if you want to pull new audiences you put Super characters in because there's an on-going manga and anime to pull people in.

GT characters will only make it in if there's a big enough demand: with Super brimming with shiny new characters I don't see it happening.
There’s no canon so why does it matter if they’re connected to new material? I’m not saying to put in gt over super but still.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:35 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: There’s no canon so why does it matter if they’re connected to new material? I’m not saying to put in gt over super but still.
It has nothing to do with canon, it's purely business. FighterZ servers in part as advertisement of Dragon Ball and what's currently pumping out new material? Super; it's that simple.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:07 am

I think Roshi has a very strong chance due to his role in the TOP. Had the TOP come out last year he likely would have been in the base roster.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:43 am

1. Kid Goku
2. Muten Roshi
3. Tao Pai Pai
4. Piccolo Daimao
5. Bardock
6. Broly
7. Vegetto
8. Jaco

Pre-Z manga characters are more important, and have more moveset potential, than pretty much any of the Z Movie characters or GT characters.

Tournament of Power characters haven't finished showing what they can do.

I'm aware that Tao Pai Pai has been "de-confirmed", but I still hope for him. His absence in this game is a fucking crime.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:49 am

Benedetto12 wrote:I would like to ser characters from DB, DBZ, DBGT, DBS and Movies.

DB:
Roshi
Blue
Piccolo Daimaoh

DBZ:
Raditz
Dabura
Vegetto

DBGT:
Uub
Omega Shenron
Nouva Shenron
Súper 17
Baby Vegeta
Rildo

DBS:
Kale + Caulifla (Can fuse into Kefla)
Jiren
Toppo
Ribrianne

Movies:
Gogeta
Tapion
Bojack
Broly
Cooler

Other:
Bardock (SSJ)
Towa
Mira
Tapion? whats his moveset and attacks? the guy has nothing...
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:47 pm

DLC

Dragon Ball
Master Roshi
Chi-Chi (though Kid Goku may be a bit more realistic)

Dragon Ball Z
Dabura
Super Vegito

Movies
Cooler (preferably Meta Cooler)
Janemba (Final Form)

Dragon Ball GT
Omega Shenron

Original
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:05 pm

1. Bardock (Him and Broly have been too much of a mainstay in the games to not be included)
2. Broly (See above)
3. Vegetto (SSJ)
4. Gogeta
5. Roshi
6. Jiren
7. Uub
8. Videl

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:38 pm

LightBing wrote:

Bardock - He's uninteresting by himself, contributes to Goku fatigue and has no connection to any of the new material. I'm very confident they'll stay clear from him. There's a chance the new Dragon Ball movie brings him back to relevance and he becomes an option in a later DLC.

Umm... have you seen how he has been marketed recently?

The guy continues to have merchandise made for him and if he was not in demand, he probably would not have got "Episode of Bardock" in the first place. In addition, Bardock was in Extreme Butoden and it kind of gives him an edge on his chances.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:33 pm

ShadowBardock89 wrote:
LightBing wrote:

Umm... have you seen how he has been marketed recently?

The guy continues to have merchandise made for him and if he was not in demand, he probably would not have got "Episode of Bardock" in the first place. In addition, Bardock was in Extreme Butoden and it kind of gives him an edge on his chances.
By new material I mean Super, which is the face of current Dragon Ball. Dragon Ball Heroes is for fans, in that game everyone and their mother has the SSJ transformations. Nappa getting SSJ3 doesn't mean he's being actually marketed, it's just the game cycling it's characters.
Episode of Bardock is more than 6 years old.

FighterZ is for everyone not made specifically for Dragon Ball fans. That's the key difference. You can't expect it to be like Extreme Butoden which has a more limited scope.

Honestly I give Raditz more chances to be in than Bardock at this point. The only thing that could change the situation is the new Dragon movie, there's a chance it might bring Bardock back into the spotlight.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:34 pm

Due to the graphics of this game being okay, I would like to see Janemba for obvious reasons. I'd love to see how awesome the details of his techniques, especially the Bunkai Teleport one, would turn out to be.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~