Who is your least favorite Dragon Ball composer?

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Iberian_Saiyan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Who is your least favorite Dragon Ball composer?

Post by Iberian_Saiyan » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:55 pm

Kuririn Fan wrote:Bruce Faulconer, he's just terrible.
Bruce was one of the five musicians (five or four, not too sure now) from the group because all that music wasn't just composed by him, there were others. It's disappointing that people here still fail to acknowledge this fact. Yamamoto stole tracks from other musicians whilst Bruce Faulconer got credited for every song under 'Faulconer'. One case worst than the other but both equally unfair for the rest that was involved.

The proper way would be to refer to them as: Faulconer Productions.

By the way, for all the flack Yamamoto got for plagiarising, Faulconer Prod. seems to have gotten unnoticed for stealing System of a Down - Marmalade track for the Super Boo Theme. Or am I just hearing things?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:02 pm

Iberian_Saiyan wrote:By the way, for all the flack Yamamoto got for plagiarising, Faulconer Prod. seems to have gotten unnoticed for stealing System of a Down - Marmalade track for the Super Boo Theme. Or am I just hearing things?
No, you're not hearing things. The Super Boo theme is practically a note for note copy of Mamalade by System Of A Down.

cRookie_Monster
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by cRookie_Monster » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:32 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
Iberian_Saiyan wrote:By the way, for all the flack Yamamoto got for plagiarising, Faulconer Prod. seems to have gotten unnoticed for stealing System of a Down - Marmalade track for the Super Boo Theme. Or am I just hearing things?
No, you're not hearing things. The Super Boo theme is practically a note for note copy of Mamalade by System Of A Down.
Personally I have a hard time believing Julius was listening to the Japanese version of System of a Down's 1998 album, unless Funimation specifically sent that track over and said "We want this". I would believe Evan Jones from Funimation would listen to System of Down. but not Julius. It's not his style of music from what I know.
- Scott
http://morganstudios.com

KameRule
Beyond Newbie

Post by KameRule » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:47 am

Lord Beerus wrote:No, you're not hearing things. The Super Boo theme is practically a note for note copy of Marmalade by System Of A Down.
I can hear the parts which you say are similar, but they're so basic that it's not a stretch to suggest that they were thought of completely independently from one another. Aside from them being in the same key, and Super Buu's theme using a pattern of two chords from Marmalade (not even in the main part of Super Buu's theme where the melody line is said to be slightly similar, mind you), they are very different songs.

This kind of thing happens all too often when people criticise some of Yamamoto's "plagiarism". A lot of his songs were plagiarised, but whether it's due to confirmation bias or people not listening closely enough to the music, people tend to make out that he stole much more music than he actually did.

Battle Point Unlimited is an obvious case of plagiarism. This, not so much.
Master, the batteries inside your Wii Remote are nearly depleted.

Master, there is a 98% chance that the floor is beneath you.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:54 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Holy shit, you're right :lol: