Post-Yamamoto Soundtrack Replacements

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bulma's Foot Masseur
Beyond Newbie

Post-Yamamoto Soundtrack Replacements

Post by Bulma's Foot Masseur » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:43 pm

The Raging Blasts, the Budokai 1/3 re-release, and anything else I'm forgetting all had their soundtracks replaced (whether by Budokai Tenkaichi tracks or generic stock music) following Yamamoto's firing, but is there a guide somewhere detailing which tracks replaced what?

Thanks. :)

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Re: Post-Yamamoto Soundtrack Replacements

Post by Nejishiki » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:31 pm

It might be simpler to play the game, recall what you heard, and reference what track was played in the re-release either on your own or with someone's assistance. I'm willing to contribute with my Playstation 2 copies, but I do not own the re-releases. I have no interest in them. It doesn't sound like a common request anyone would document, so we would be making the first comparisons. (I hope that isn't the case, as I'll likely be slow with this.) But yeah, I wouldn't mind updating this thread with what I find here or there.

Bulma's Foot Masseur
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bulma's Foot Masseur » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:45 am

I guess I mainly just want to know what the games are that have tracks pulled from them. Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (I think) and uh...what else?

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:12 pm

Bulma's Foot Masseur wrote:I guess I mainly just want to know what the games are that have tracks pulled from them. Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (I think) and uh...what else?
The HD Budokai collection, which was a reskin of Budokai 1 & 3, had replacement music. I can't remember if it was both, or just B3, though.
Retired.

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:17 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
Bulma's Foot Masseur wrote:I guess I mainly just want to know what the games are that have tracks pulled from them. Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (I think) and uh...what else?
The HD Budokai collection, which was a reskin of Budokai 1 & 3, had replacement music. I can't remember if it was both, or just B3, though.
Budokai 1 had a replacement score as well consisting of a few new tracks, raging blast 1, tenkaichi tag team, and tenkaichi 2 and 3
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

Bulma's Foot Masseur
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bulma's Foot Masseur » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:24 am

Later shipments of Raging Blast 2 had their score replaced as well, right? It's such a shame that people wanting a used copy would have to take a gamble on what version they're getting...