Episode #0244 (09 January 2011)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0244 (09 January 2011)

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:40 am

Episode #0244 (download MP3) (rss feed)
58:49; 96 kbps, mono; 40.7 MB

Episode #0244! VegettoEX, Meri, and Hujio discuss the recent announcement from Toei and FUNimation that the DragonBall franchise will soon be streamed online. What is the significance of this agreement, and what can and should fans expect to see make its way online? We also review Hironobu Kageyama's "Battle of Omega" CD single (the opening theme to "Raging Blast 2"). Laid-back shenanigans, January's releases, and your e-mails round out the episode! Referenced sites:
This episode is brought to you by Karan's awesome new podcast album art!

w0rd.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

LloydSSJ4

Re: Episode #0244 (09 January 2011)

Post by LloydSSJ4 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:27 pm

Listening to it as I type.
So this is pretty much a music centric episode it seems, which is awesome. I'm going to love the cover of Makafushigi Abodenchaa, it's one of my favourite songs.
By the way, the new album art is BOSS!

Stridex
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Stridex » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:15 am

Karan, eh? Does Karan want a job coloring a comic book?

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:24 am

I sure hope Kai does not get canceled. It has been such a blessing for the English-speaking fan community. The future of Dragon Ball seems so dark at this point.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:28 am

Man, those models are AWESOME!

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:39 am

When you were talking about the Bakuman DVD, you didn't mention that the manga was created by the author/artist team behind Death Note. Were you unaware? Seems you liked that series well enough, so I definitely recommend checking out the Bakuman manga. It's a totally different kind of manga from Death Note, but still highly entertaining.

Regarding the DBGT green bricks, they do indeed default to dub + Japanese music. (Speaking of DBGT, and this is totally off topic, I've been listening to old episodes of the podcast, and I realized you said in episode #47 that you were gonna watch all of GT by October 13, 2009, or Meri would get to kick you in the shins. So, did it hurt? :wink:)

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:01 am

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:Man, those models are AWESOME!

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b90/t ... 02/h-3.jpg
Is he wearing flip-flops? O_O
That's awesome. XD

Did he have all those random letters on the shirt as well in that episode? I can't remember it's been so long. Even so that's so the type of shirt Goku would pick out. XD

If you look closely, the letters from his left chest to shoulder spell the word "PIE". X3

The seashell at the bottom is a nice touch. :3

The new podcast album art looks great!
I was wondering what you were going to do once you passed 12 years on the front page. I like the touch of the videogame-only characters on the upper right hand corner.

I agree on the photoshopped Kageyama photo being kind of off compared to the previous release and I smiled at your thought of Ms. Nozawa scolding him about it if it was indeed his decision. XD

I still don't want to see Kai canceled before it finishes Z. I hope they're just moving it to a new timeslot or something.

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:10 am

Who does Kageyama Hinorobu think he is? Tohru Furuya?

Furuya never fucking ages. It's scary.

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:02 am

penguintruth wrote:Who does Kageyama Hinorobu think he is? Tohru Furuya?

Furuya never fucking ages. It's scary.
I think he ages with Seiya, which explains him not aging in the same 24 year period, lol.

I don't see why someone would modify the image: He's supposed to look like an 80s rocker, it works.

Awesome figure, I want one of those on my desk!

And you guys didn't get long at all before Funi shows, once again, that they've always got something up their sleeves involving DB. Maybe we'll get DBF (Dragon Ball Filler) after all, lol.

Curiously, have you ever thought about interviewing Sabat, or someone else behind Kai's dub? It seems like a lot could be learned, as we all know you'd ask the questions most fans wouldn't. As a podcaster myself, I find interviewing to be the third most fun thing to do (just below talking about both awesome and bad comics, and shooting the shit with friends); you really can get some good insight into what makes any given work tick.

And, before I forget, the new cast image is quite nice. It definitely works.