"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:25 pm

The gr wrote:
pacz360 wrote:Toei may fuck up a lot of things but at least they don't have goku treat gohan as if he's some disappointment in the anime or how he never saw gohan birth while in the anime he only mentions never seeing goten birth given he was dead.
Is understandable on how goku sees gohan in the manga,is just that he is not into fighting like everyone and screw up way too much,is much better instead of putting him in a pedestal like the anime.
Goku in the original manga put Gohan on a pedestal.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:28 pm

except goku was fine with gohan being a scholar and he told him that in the cell games manga, saying if he defeated cell he could become a scholar.

second you act like goku isn't a massive screwup as well, he let his guard down against freeza which resulted in the whole earth blowing up, he was the reason why the tournament happened in the first place going against beerus orders.

TKA
Advanced Regular

Post by TKA » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:37 pm

Noah wrote: Care to elaborate that?
Sure.

1. I feel like I understand Jiren in the, what, 7 pages he was in.

2. Vermoud continues to have a character, which is good.

3. The Goku gag where he's never seen a birth is much more palatable than him not knowing what being pregnant is.

4. The pacing is great.
The Creatives who inspire me: Akira Toriyama, George Lucas, Chris Nolan, J. R. R. Tolkien and Zack Snyder

http://i.imgur.com/XAnj7Yi.jpg

You saw Batman v Superman? Is it the Ultimate Edition? No? Then you haven't seen Batman v Superman. Also, the Snyder Cut is the greatest, non-deconstructionist ensemble comic book film ever made.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:05 pm

BlueVegerot wrote:except goku was fine with gohan being a scholar and he told him that in the cell games manga, saying if he defeated cell he could become a scholar.

second you act like goku isn't a massive screwup as well, he let his guard down against freeza which resulted in the whole earth blowing up, he was the reason why the tournament happened in the first place going against beerus orders.
What i'm trying to say,gohan is not some genius when it come to battle and loss his amazing power twice.
Last edited by The gr on Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:16 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Mostly active on discord.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:08 pm

LightBing wrote:
Miracles wrote:
jplaya2023 wrote:vegeta didn't mention gohan's potential in this like he did for the anime. shocking
Fitting continuity. The way Vegeta clowned Gohan back in Buu saga.
Vegeta mentioned it back in the U6 tournament arc. He said Gohan was the one with the most potential.
Wow. That's right. lol, I totally forgot.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:42 pm

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:29 pm

The gr wrote:
BlueVegerot wrote:except goku was fine with gohan being a scholar and he told him that in the cell games manga, saying if he defeated cell he could become a scholar.

What i'm trying to say,gohan is not some genius when it come to battle and loss his amazing power twice.
How many " battle geniuses" does u7 even have? Also gohan can get his power back in a short time.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:32 pm

HeroR wrote:
The gr wrote:
pacz360 wrote:Toei may fuck up a lot of things but at least they don't have goku treat gohan as if he's some disappointment in the anime or how he never saw gohan birth while in the anime he only mentions never seeing goten birth given he was dead.
Is understandable on how goku sees gohan in the manga,is just that he is not into fighting like everyone and screw up way too much,is much better instead of putting him in a pedestal like the anime.
Until he realized that his son does not like fighting or training. I don't see the problem.
Even in the Boo arc he was surprised at how weak Gohan looked against Dabura. Now that Goku's alive, he doesn't need to rely on Gohan training anymore, since he wants to be a scholar. You guys act like Goku dislikes his son, when all he's been saying is "Nah Gohan isn't a fighter anymore."

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:34 pm

jplaya2023 wrote:vegeta didn't mention gohan's potential in this like he did for the anime. shocking
Yes he did. Vegeta says this line originally in the manga of the U6 arc.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:15 pm

BlueVegerot wrote:
The gr wrote:

How many " battle geniuses" does u7 even have? Also gohan can get his power back in a short time.
I mean most of the warriors that protect the earth practice martial arts except Trunks and Goten and probably Boo

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:30 pm

OLKv3 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
The gr wrote: Is understandable on how goku sees gohan in the manga,is just that he is not into fighting like everyone and screw up way too much,is much better instead of putting him in a pedestal like the anime.
Until he realized that his son does not like fighting or training. I don't see the problem.
Even in the Boo arc he was surprised at how weak Gohan looked against Dabura. Now that Goku's alive, he doesn't need to rely on Gohan training anymore, since he wants to be a scholar. You guys act like Goku dislikes his son, when all he's been saying is "Nah Gohan isn't a fighter anymore."
He still did like telling Gohan in the Buu Saga that he can beat anyone if he could get piss and him becoming Ulimate.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:42 pm

HeroR wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
He still did like telling Gohan in the Buu Saga that he can beat anyone if he could get piss and him becoming Ulimate.
That's when he needed him to fight.
Now he's not trying to force his son to fight, you keep ignoring that.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:49 pm

OLKv3 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
OLKv3 wrote: Until he realized that his son does not like fighting or training. I don't see the problem.
That's when he needed him to fight.
Now he's not trying to force his son to fight, you keep ignoring that.
How I’m ignoring that when I literally made no comment about Goku making Gohan fight. I only said that Goku in the original manga put Gohan on a pedestal.
Kanassa wrote:

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:05 pm

Jiren is really interesting in the manga,I'm glad he's not another stoic rival and the introduction of the pride trooper was great also velmod character is really good.
    The recruitment of U7 was ok through It is really stupid that Vegeta denied to enter the tournament until his baby is born that's chi chi level of stupidity and I don't like the joke of goku not seeing gohan born wow he is really dumb.
      I'm glad they mention Tien because I thought he gonna be ignore.Overall this chapter was ok.

Miracles
      I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:39 am

Did Jiren just push that One Punch man crab guy through the earth?

Rebel Instinct
      Beyond Newbie

Post by Rebel Instinct » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:46 am

Miracles wrote:Did Jiren just push that One Punch man crab guy through the earth?
      That's what I thought at first too, but it looks like he just pushed him underground and back out in the sea nearby. On first glance, I thought Jiren pushed him all the way through the planet and out the other side like in a cartoon! :lol:
      The post-Super fandom has ruined my love for Dragon Ball.

Miracles
      I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:50 am

Rebel Instinct wrote:
      Miracles wrote:Did Jiren just push that One Punch man crab guy through the earth?
      That's what I thought at first too, but it looks like he just pushed him underground and back out in the sea nearby. On first glance, I thought Jiren pushed him all the way through the planet and out the other side like in a cartoon! :lol:
      lol

Thanks.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:28 am

mfwlegend3 wrote:
      FortuneSSJ wrote:He never kissed his wife on the mouth and despite being alive, he never saw her pregnant and he wasn't there when Gohan was born either...WTF is happening here?! :roll:
      I can accept him never kissing Chichi, or being there for the exact moment of Gohan being born, but yeah, the fact that he never once saw Chichi's stomach in the full 9 months that she was pregnant really is questionable.
      Too be fair, didn't he fly off to space after namek and chose not to come back for like a year and a half? Especially when he denied the dragon who can bring him instantly?

The thing is the joke is believable because Goku's time on Earth isn't around civilization. Yes, even after ball. Goku lives in the hills in isolation. I think people just assumed he became a real Earth citizen because it was left vague like a lot of stuff in dragon ball. But In Z, Goku is barely on Earth.

Thats the thing about Toriyama's retcons, You can see it happening because he doesn't go into great detail in the first place, but fan theorists do and when they get a real answer that is not as fun as their theory, well they get upset.

Samurai jack season 5 had this same issue.

HeroR
      Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:05 am

Totamo wrote:
      mfwlegend3 wrote:
      FortuneSSJ wrote:He never kissed his wife on the mouth and despite being alive, he never saw her pregnant and he wasn't there when Gohan was born either...WTF is happening here?! :roll:
      I can accept him never kissing Chichi, or being there for the exact moment of Gohan being born, but yeah, the fact that he never once saw Chichi's stomach in the full 9 months that she was pregnant really is questionable.
      Too be fair, didn't he fly off to space after namek and chose not to come back for like a year and a half? Especially when he denied the dragon who can bring him instantly?

The thing is the joke is believable because Goku's time on Earth isn't around civilization. Yes, even after ball. Goku lives in the hills in isolation. I think people just assumed he became a real Earth citizen because it was left vague like a lot of stuff in dragon ball. But In Z, Goku is barely on Earth.

Thats the thing about Toriyama's retcons, You can see it happening because he doesn't go into great detail in the first place, but fan theorists do and when they get a real answer that is not as fun as their theory, well they get upset.

Samurai jack season 5 had this same issue.

Goku was gone from Earth for a year.

And Goku is a bad father meme ignores that Goku spent five years with Gohan without any issues and when Namek happened, it was Gohan who left first. The only time Goku ‘abandoned’ his family were in the seven years when he’s dead and that’s because he thought he brought danger to everyone.
      Kanassa wrote:

Hawk9211
      OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:41 am

Was thinking how is toyotaro going to manage other universes,since he is a fanboy I at least expect yardrat and tuffle to be better than anime.
      Why power levels are important?
      The genre and roots of dragon ball