"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

incarnati0n
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by incarnati0n » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:54 pm

[/quote]
wow one of dumbest thing i've heard so far.[/quote]

Gohan fans are the most unloyal. In Japan apparently he was their favourite character when he was the strongest and beat Cell but when he lost this status in the Buu arc he went below Piccolo who had no fight.[/quote]

Just because some of the fans are fair weather fan it doesn't mean all of us are. Plenty of people here have kept supporting Gohan even if he did very little in the first 80 episodes of Super. No need to generalize. Anything that reaches the type of popularity that Gohan had back then, be it sports teams, or other characters from various shows have bandwagon fans.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:00 pm

pacz360 wrote: Pretty much depite us making fun of him he pretty much has a better win/loss record in comparisons to guys like goku and vegeta.
Gokus Win Loss record.

Lost to Beerus twice.(0-2)
Beat Frieza (1-2)
Beat Botamo (2-2)
Lost to Frost (2-3)
Lost to Hit (2-4)
Beat Copy Vegeta (3-4)
Beat Mirai Trunks (4-4)
Tied vs Black in their first encounter (4-4-1)
Beat Present Zamasu (5-4-1)
Lost to Black and Zamasu (5-5-1)
Tied vs Arale(5-5-2)
Tied vs Hit (5-5-3).

Vegeta Win Loss Record.
Lost to Beerus (0-1)
Killed Ginyu (1-1)
Killed by Frieza (1-2)
Beat Frost(2-2)
Beat Magetta(3-2)
Beat Cabba (4-2)
Lost to Hit (4-3)
Lost to Copy Vegeta (4-4)
Lost to Black (4-5)
Overwhelmed Black on Episode 63(5-5)
Lost to Arale (5-6).

Beyond
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Beyond » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:03 pm

perucho1990 wrote:Gohan win lose record in DB isnt bad.

Lost to Beerus(But who doesnt?)
Beat Shisami
Beat Ginyu
Lost to Frieza via sneak attack.
Beat Watagashi

Piccolos on the other hand.

Lost to Beerus (But who doesnt again?).
Stomped by Tagoma
Killed by Frieza
Trolled by Frost
The difference between Piccolo and Gohan is one has infinite potential and the ability to transform, and the other one has been power crept out since cell. Would you be proud you beat a 5 year old in a fight?

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:15 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
kinisking wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
That would leave Gohan with approximately 0 fans.
Vados, why are almost all your posts condescending?

Namekian Saiyan, you are completely wrong. Don't take the Gohans fanbase exaggerated complaints seriously, we all loved him. There is a reason why people were still complaining over a year after ROF. No one just likes Gohan because of his power or his win loss record. Heck, his win loss record isn't even that good haha. If people truly only liked him because of that, they would've dropped him the second ROF came out. There is nothing wrong with preferring Gohan to get stronger or win more though . I think every fan of every character wants to see that happen for them.
Gohan fans act like it is Gohan's right to be the strongest no matter what.
TheMathemagician wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:Gohan win lose record in DB isnt bad.

Lost to Beerus(But who doesnt?)
Beat Shisami
Beat Ginyu
Lost to Frieza via sneak attack.
Beat Watagashi

Piccolos on the other hand.

Lost to Beerus (But who doesnt again?).
Stomped by Tagoma
Killed by Frieza
Trolled by Frost
This is a fact. Piccolo's been getting dealt the worser hand here.
Don't use Resurrection of F as nothing makes sense and under no circumstances was Gohan going to do anything to Frieza.
pacz360 wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
wow one of dumbest thing i've heard so far.
Gohan fans are the most unloyal. In Japan apparently he was their favourite character when he was the strongest and beat Cell but when he lost this status in the Buu arc he went below Piccolo who had no fight.[/quote]
I thought he was the most popular in the Cell Games before going SSJ2.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:16 pm

Hmmm, Gohan having hair similar to another character? Great, first Vegeta stole Yamcha's girl, now he's stealing his other memes!
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:26 pm

perucho1990 wrote: Gokus Win Loss record.
Beat Frieza (1-2)

Vegeta Win Loss Record.
Killed by Frieza (1-2)
Goku lost to Freeza (through Sorbet) and in Super he was getting beat up during the entire fight, that's not exactly a win.

Whis reversed that kill so Vegeta never died.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:40 pm

lord godly da don wrote:I guess I'm the only gohan fan who likes his design this arc he looks more masculine the bang's lame it makes him look like his chasing after that ssj2 moment from cell games like most of his fans
No, it makes him looks fierce like his actual Ultimate design:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Nekis13
Regular

Post by Nekis13 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:41 pm

lord godly da don wrote:I guess I'm the only gohan fan who likes his design this arc he looks more masculine the bang's lame it makes him look like his chasing after that ssj2 moment from cell games like most of his fans
I've always been neutral about Gohan's designs (except Bojack movie). But I'm really digging the bang-less look too! He somehow looks more mature?
stay edgy

DeviantArt Thing: Drawings and stuff, also Dragon Ball

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:43 pm

sintzu wrote:
perucho1990 wrote: Gokus Win Loss record.
Beat Frieza (1-2)

Vegeta Win Loss Record.
Killed by Frieza (1-2)
Goku lost to Freeza (through Sorbet) and in Super he was getting beat up during the entire fight, that's not exactly a win.

Whis reversed that kill so Vegeta never died.
And then Goku won against Frieza through Whis
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Beyond
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Beyond » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:43 pm

pacz360 wrote:
omaro34 wrote:Gohan's fanbase reminds me of the Dallas Cowboys fan base. Incredibly thirsty for their main guy to be relevant again, and always harp back to the glory days when the Cowboys won the Superbowl back in 95 just like when Gohan beat Cell and fought Buu.

Gohan may dominate this Zen Exhibition Match, just like the Cowboys dominated the regular season with a record of 13-3, but just like how the Cowboys got eliminated in their first playoff match when it really counts, I predict Gohan will job when the real tournament starts.

The reaction of Cowboy fans were hysterical, I don't expect much different for the beloved Gohan. :lol:
Hey as long as he has w's than l's this tournament i could care less.
I'd rather Gohan get a top tier neck and neck match with a strong guy and lose than beat some punk ass weaklings. Just like Vegeta stomping those 3 weaklings in u6 meant nothing in terms of impressiveness, and Goku losing to hit still made Goku look way better than Vegeta. I don't doubt Gohan will win against one of the three big dogs, but sometimes L's are more respectable than W's.

lord godly da don
Beyond Newbie

Post by lord godly da don » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:45 pm

Noah wrote:
No, it makes him looks fierce like his actual Ultimate design:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
The fact that you used the word "fierce" to describe it makes it even lamer

sophitia
Not-So-Newbie

Post by sophitia » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:50 pm

Interesting designs! My favorite design is universe 2 and 12.

Also universe 5 god, Arak means liquor in Indonesia language

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:51 pm

Beyond wrote:
pacz360 wrote:
omaro34 wrote:Gohan's fanbase reminds me of the Dallas Cowboys fan base. Incredibly thirsty for their main guy to be relevant again, and always harp back to the glory days when the Cowboys won the Superbowl back in 95 just like when Gohan beat Cell and fought Buu.

Gohan may dominate this Zen Exhibition Match, just like the Cowboys dominated the regular season with a record of 13-3, but just like how the Cowboys got eliminated in their first playoff match when it really counts, I predict Gohan will job when the real tournament starts.

The reaction of Cowboy fans were hysterical, I don't expect much different for the beloved Gohan. :lol:

I'd rather Gohan get a top tier neck and neck match with a strong guy and lose than beat some punk ass weaklings. Just like Vegeta stomping those 3 weaklings in u6 meant nothing in terms of impressiveness, and Goku losing to hit still made Goku look way better than Vegeta. I don't doubt Gohan will win against one of the three big dogs, but sometimes L's are more respectable than W's
If Gohan loses once, his fanbase will riot. Even if its too a powerful foe.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:55 pm

Totamo wrote:
Beyond wrote:
pacz360 wrote: Hey as long as he has w's than l's this tournament i could care less.

I'd rather Gohan get a top tier neck and neck match with a strong guy and lose than beat some punk ass weaklings. Just like Vegeta stomping those 3 weaklings in u6 meant nothing in terms of impressiveness, and Goku losing to hit still made Goku look way better than Vegeta. I don't doubt Gohan will win against one of the three big dogs, but sometimes L's are more respectable than W's
I wouldn't care as long as the guy he losing too is around his tier of power or above as long as he looks good in defeat

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:58 pm

pacz360 wrote:
Totamo wrote:
Beyond wrote:
I wouldn't care as long as the guy he losing too is around his tier of power or above as long as he looks good in defeat
gohan's tier of power is way lower than what it used to be and he will get jobbed because thats how dragon ball builds stakes

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:00 pm

pacz360 wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
wow one of dumbest thing i've heard so far.[/quote]

Back up your bullshit mate there still fans of him on this site and other places hell given the crap he was dealt with in super so far it's amazing he still has this much of fanbase

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:03 pm

Totamo wrote:
pacz360 wrote:
Totamo wrote: If Gohan loses once, his fanbase will riot. Even if its too a powerful foe.
gohan's tier of power is way lower than what it used to be and he will get jobbed because thats how dragon ball builds stakes
Going by the scans posted in this thread and what goku and vegeta said about him he's going to get a power up ala mystic but much stronger probably god tier level like trunks so his loss he wil mean something in the tourney.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:04 pm

YOU WILL NOT FOOL ME TOEI BUT DAMN ARE YOU TRYING REEAAAAAAAAAAAAAL HARD!!!!
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

TheGreatSaiyaman
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGreatSaiyaman » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:06 pm

Nekis13 wrote:
I've always been neutral about Gohan's designs (except Bojack movie). But I'm really digging the bang-less look too! He somehow looks more mature?
What's your opinion on Gohan's Bojack Movie hair? Sorry if I haven't seen what you may've said, I'm new here :D

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:09 pm

Beyond wrote:
pacz360 wrote:

I'd rather Gohan get a top tier neck and neck match with a strong guy and lose than beat some punk ass weaklings. Just like Vegeta stomping those 3 weaklings in u6 meant nothing in terms of impressiveness, and Goku losing to hit still made Goku look way better than Vegeta. I don't doubt Gohan will win against one of the three big dogs, but sometimes L's are more respectable than W's.
What do you mean by 'three big dogs'? There will surely be mamy powerful guys so Universe 7 has a a consistent challenge throughout the whole tournament.