"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

perucho1990
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by perucho1990 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:39 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote:Do we really need another whole episode on Krillin ? seriously we had 2 episodes dedicated to him already that showed how motivated he was to get stronger again,Goku should just tell him about the tounranment and he should say yes end of story.
All I am thinking is if Vegeta is the only one recruited in episode 83 then why is Goku recruiting Krillin and 18 before Piccolo.
Because he is a weakling? Seriously, no joking, thats could be the main reason, remember how Goku mocked Piccolo at the U6 tournament and then in the Trunks Arc?

Piccolo might be one of the last members to be recruited(before Goku asks for 17) like what happened in the U6 arc, because worst is nothing.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:41 am

perucho1990 wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote:Do we really need another whole episode on Krillin ? seriously we had 2 episodes dedicated to him already that showed how motivated he was to get stronger again,Goku should just tell him about the tounranment and he should say yes end of story.
All I am thinking is if Vegeta is the only one recruited in episode 83 then why is Goku recruiting Krillin and 18 before Piccolo.
Because he is a weakling? Seriously, no joking, thats could be the main reason, remember how Goku mocked Piccolo at the U6 tournament and then in the Trunks Arc?

Piccolo might be one of the last members to be recruited(before Goku asks for 17) like what happened in the U6 arc, because worst is nothing.
Krillin and android 18 are also weaklings compared to piccolo so whats your point.

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:41 am

Lapislettuce wrote:
Kagari wrote:
I don't see why not. These build-up episodes are a good thing.
Krillin already had 2 ! others need that too you know ?
We already know 86 will be focused on 17.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:43 am

pacz360 wrote: Krillin and android 18 are also weaklings compared to piccolo so whats your point.
Piccolo got nerfed to Roshi/Tenshinhan level in FnF, and only performed good vs Frost because Goku completely worn him out.

Dont be surprised if he becomes the new buttmonkey of the Z-fighters.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:46 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
kinisking wrote:
Nekis13 wrote:I'm sure they'll mention something about Episode 76. But if they don't... well... Good job Toei.

On the other hand, I like that Gohan will spar with him.
It's interesting. They could've easily made Goku be the one to fight him. I wonder how the fight will go.
Gohan seems to be set up as the side fighter with goku instead of vegeta this arc..
Which I can hardly complain about
17 is going to be the side fighter ! you'll see y'all see ! :D

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:48 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
kinisking wrote:
Nekis13 wrote:I'm sure they'll mention something about Episode 76. But if they don't... well... Good job Toei.

On the other hand, I like that Gohan will spar with him.
It's interesting. They could've easily made Goku be the one to fight him. I wonder how the fight will go.
Gohan seems to be set up as the side fighter with goku instead of vegeta this arc..
Which I can hardly complain about
Love how this father and son thing is going on, their trust as shown in the exhibition match, Gohan having his saiyan blood rushing, its all too good to be true, never expected Gohan to come out and say that, I just hope Toei doesnt fck him up with all the build up they're pulling.
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Could be that Gohan will say that he'll be the one to recruit Piccolo.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:50 am

perucho1990 wrote:
pacz360 wrote: Krillin and android 18 are also weaklings compared to piccolo so whats your point.
Piccolo got nerfed to Roshi/Tenshinhan level in FnF, and only performed good vs Frost because Goku completely worn him out.

Piccolo never got nerfed in rof considering said Akira said he continues to train wtf are you talking about piccolo is still stronger than 18 and especially krillin and going by that logic gohan is stronger than vegeta due to goku trust despite vegeta being massively above gohan.

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:52 am

Looks like they are promoting Krillin. I think he will play a role in this tournament more than others who are stronger than him.

I can't help but think of Super Smash brothers in the Hyrule Temple place where its a stock match and 4 players, 3 of them beating the crap out of each other, and when those 3 have only 1 stock life left, they notice a Yoshi who was the 4th player with no damage and full stock lives hiding in the top corner; infuriating, I wouldn't be surprised if Krillin does something along these lines :lol:
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:55 am

Kagari wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:See even Gohan is more relevant than Vegeta in this arc.
Father/son dynamic was really missed in Super.
It's there in the off season episodes with Goten and Goku but yeah I agree for the main arcs, like the moment Goku and Gohan had after Gohan's fight was a pretty sweet moment. Having Gohan alongside Goku definitely adds another dynamic. Honestly this arc and watching Buu Kai is really reevaluating my opinion on adult Gohan.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:56 am

pacz360 wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:

Piccolo never got nerfed in rof considering said Akira said he continues to train wtf are you talking about piccolo is still stronger than 18 and especially krillin and going by that logic gohan is stronger than vegeta due to goku trust despite vegeta being massively above gohan.
Yeah, piccolo didn't get nerfed. In the arc, Roshi was clearly struggling against the army while everyone else wasn't breaking a sweat. They were both fodder to tien and piccolo so that's why they looked like they were the same strength.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:57 am

omaro34 wrote:Looks like they are promoting Krillin. I think he will play a role in this tournament more than others who are stronger than him.

I can't help but think of Super Smash brothers in the Hyrule Temple place where its a stock match and 4 players, 3 of them beating the crap out of each other, and when those 3 have only 1 stock life left, they notice a Yoshi who was the 4th player with no damage and full stock lives hiding in the top corner; infuriating, I wouldn't be surprised if Krillin does something along these lines :lol:
lol great post.

And Krillin is sure to do good with all the hype and promo hes getting.

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:19 am

A leaked pic guys

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:39 am

ChaosLordBrandon wrote:A leaked pic guys

Kuririn is looking great.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:44 am

I get the feeling the writers aren't as in contact with each other as they should be.

The first set of Krillin episodes the other month was by Tomioka. This one is King Ryû.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:48 am

TheMathemagician wrote:

That's so bad it doesn't even look like him anymore.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:59 am

Chuquita wrote:I get the feeling the writers aren't as in contact with each other as they should be.

The first set of Krillin episodes the other month was by Tomioka. This one is King Ryû.
I doubt it. Tomioka reference Copy Vegeta and he had nothing to do with these episode. Seriously, fan have this strange idea that Super writers don't talk to each other. Despite the script being written months ahead of time.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:01 pm

HeroR wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I get the feeling the writers aren't as in contact with each other as they should be.

I doubt it. Tomioka reference Copy Vegeta and he had nothing to do with these episode. Seriously, fan have this strange idea that Super writers don't talk to each other. Despite the script being written months ahead of time.
Exactly

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:02 pm

It's not up to writers to decide the plot. They just turn what the series director wants into scripts, which are basically glorified rough drafts that the series director has turned into storyboards.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:06 pm

sintzu wrote:
TheMathemagician wrote:

That's so bad it doesn't even look like him anymore.
I think it's an in between. He'll look better in motion .
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:10 pm

RehBeh wrote:
Pantheon wrote: On that topic why do people think a fan fiction writer has more credibility than professional script writers? I genuinely don''t understand.
Because you are a script writer doesn't mean that what you write is good. And there are some good fan-fiction writers, heck there's one in the site too.
While very true the opposite can be true for fan fic writers just because someone is good at writing fan fic doesn't necessarily mean they'd be great when writing in a professional capacity. Big reason is Fan fiction writers have complete creative control on what they write/draw and this is gone the moment they turn professional. For example the the chap who is doing the Yamcha spin off, he tweeted that quite bit of his work ended up being rejected, the control he has isn't there and thus his true skills has a writer/drawer are being tested.