"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:58 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:
Episode 87 spoilers [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
This is actually a great subplot to introduce C17.
The Galactic Poachers designs are also cool, with the guy in the middle having the best one.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:15 pm

Krillin1994 wrote:Plus as animal poachers I guess they visit more than the 28 planets since animals don't really have human sentience.
Pardon my correction, but having sentience simply means you're able to perceive or feel things; most animals are sentient. Sapience is the word you're looking for, the ability to think and reason.

But yeah, I wonder if these poachers are apart of a higher organization or if they were associated with Freeza or King Cold in anyway, and with there possibly being only 28 planets with sapient life I wonder if these guys and other species reside in space colonies.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:33 pm

Poachers make a living off of a singular planet, 28 is more than enough variety.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:08 pm

kinisking wrote:Poachers make a living off of a singular planet, 28 is more than enough variety.
Especially consider that dozens upon dozens, if not hundreds or even thousands, of differents race or different forms of life can live on one planet.
Last edited by Lord Beerus on Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:25 pm

Ah but people always wont to see something new and exotic. Space travel opens up new doors for that kind of crime because there are lots of planets with new and unseen animal life and very few people to stop them.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:30 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
kinisking wrote:Poachers make a living off of a singular planet, 28 is more than enough variety.
Especially consider that dozens upon dozens, in front not hundreds or even thousands, of differents race or differents forms of life can live on one planet.
Seriously. Earth has how many races/species living on it?
Humans, Saiyans, Namekians, demons, furries, dinosaur people, other non-human Earthlings like Pilaf... If there's a planet like Corsuscant anywhere in the DB Universe, there could be hundreds of races living there.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:36 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Especially consider that dozens upon dozens, if not hundreds or even thousands, of differents race or different forms of life can live on one planet.
Humans, Saiyans, Namekians, demons, furries, dinosaur people, other non-human Earthlings like Pilaf... If there's a planet like Corsuscant anywhere in the DB Universe, there could be hundreds of races living there.
The possibilities of the Dragon Ball universe are still really vast.

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:41 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Especially consider that dozens upon dozens, in front not hundreds or even thousands, of differents race or differents forms of life can live on one planet.
Very true, as big as a universe is It'd be a neat idea if a few space colonies existed throughout the galaxy following the destruction of their planets by Freeza or Boo, but that's just me.
Last edited by MainJPW on Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:42 pm

I like the designs of the space poachers but the lore, my god the lore! They are asking in 17 after years of training is strong enough to tackle these space poarchers. Wouldn't that make them far stronger than Final Form Frieza? Especially when we we found out the universe has 28 planets with intelligent life: I'll wait for the episode obviously but these guys giving 17 a hard time or even worse SSB Goku is going to make this insane. Please just let them be from another universe is all I ask. Then we can at least hand wave it away.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:46 pm

TheMikado wrote:I like the designs of the space poachers but the lore, my god the lore! They are asking in 17 after years of training is strong enough to tackle these space poarchers. Wouldn't that make them far stronger than Final Form Frieza? Especially when we we found out the universe has 28 planets with intelligent life: I'll wait for the episode obviously but these guys giving 17 a hard time or even worse SSB Goku is going to make this insane. Please just let them be from another universe is all I ask. Then we can at least hand wave it away.
I doubt they'll actually give them a hard time. If they do, then I'll definitely be upset.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:51 pm

So what has Toriyama said about this whole arc?

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:54 pm

TheMikado wrote:I like the designs of the space poachers but the lore, my god the lore! They are asking in 17 after years of training is strong enough to tackle these space poarchers. Wouldn't that make them far stronger than Final Form Frieza? Especially when we we found out the universe has 28 planets with intelligent life: I'll wait for the episode obviously but these guys giving 17 a hard time or even worse SSB Goku is going to make this insane. Please just let them be from another universe is all I ask. Then we can at least hand wave it away.
Goku helping 17 might not mean that they were giving him a hard time ! maybe he just helped him because 17 couldn't protect the island and fight 3 people at the same time you have to wait and see.

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:06 pm

I'm in love with the fact that 17 works to preserve wildlife. It works with what we know about him during his road-tripping, and maybe it indicates that a bit of 16's sentimentality towards animals rubbed off on him. It's good writing, I think.

17 should be able to beat the poachers with little effort. I know Super has been heavily nerfing the cast (bringing Krillin down to Raditz level, implying Master Roshi is strong enough to fight anyone in this tournament) but 17 not being able to fight poachers without Goku's help would be too much.

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:13 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Didn't fully think of that, we've seen that Toppo's(?) planet has a variety of species residing on it similarly to U7's Earth. I really would like to see more of the universe but I'm just not sure how likely it is that any of these 28 remaining planets would be explored at all considering how bad Dragon Ball previously was with world building.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:14 pm

dbs fanboy wrote:Well actually in this case he's pretty much right so i don't see the point of this post :lol: :lol:
Opinions aren't right or wrong, it's all subjective. By the same token, it's also no one's business to decide for everyone else what is good or bad when they aren't even in a position to contribute with something to the actual show.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:06 am

They could be having tranquilizers, one hit on 17 and goku respectively and we got ourselves a good reason..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:51 am

Anyone else notice that in the NEP for this week's episode, the Pride Trooper's ship appears over Earth - or a planet that greatly resembles Earth

The cut makes it look like it's the circular, red-ish ship; but it's very clearly the ship of the Pride Trooper's

Thoughts?

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:58 am

shadowmaria wrote:Anyone else notice that in the NEP for this week's episode, the Pride Trooper's ship appears over Earth - or a planet that greatly resembles Earth

The cut makes it look like it's the circular, red-ish ship; but it's very clearly the ship of the Pride Trooper's

Thoughts?
It's not very clear to me.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:19 am

Simere wrote:
shadowmaria wrote:Anyone else notice that in the NEP for this week's episode, the Pride Trooper's ship appears over Earth - or a planet that greatly resembles Earth

Thoughts?
It's not very clear to me.
Pride Trooper's Ship;

NEP that I am referring to;

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:23 am

Thoughts?
It's probably just the galactic poachers' ship. Except with the help of an angel or the cube or teleportation, it's probably impossible to move between universes.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra