"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by TekTheNinja » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:54 pm

mfwlegend3 wrote:That Vegetto Blue figure could have been much more unique if it was an entirely new design comprised of Goku and Vegeta's RoF outfits. Otherwise it's just Boo arc Super Vegetto with blue hair.
That's what I always said the design should have been, but I guess Toriyama just didn't want to make a new design sadly. :(

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:56 pm

mfwlegend3 wrote:That Vegetto Blue figure could have been much more unique if it was an entirely new design comprised of Goku and Vegeta's RoF outfits. Otherwise it's just Boo arc Super Vegetto with blue hair.
True. I would've liked to have seen a RoF Vegetto. I don't get why he gets a unique outfit for DBHeroes, but not for Super.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:33 am

Chuquita wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:
I think they are going to have Jiren knock out team Universe 6 and almost everyone from U7 expect for Goku, Gohan, Freeza and Vegeta.
The longer they hold him back and keep most of U7 and U6 fighters in, the more likely I see that being. I don't know if he'll body both teams, but I can definitely see him trashing most of either U7 or U6.
I can see that happening. They're going to have to do something big with Jiren; eventually they'll have to produce evidence to back up how threatening they keep saying he is.

Saying "Jiren is strong." is one thing. Showing Jiren KO-ing most of Uni 6 or 7 will go a lot farther.
I think Jiren will take out most of U6 but I think Frieza will be taking out most of U6 (he has taken almost nobody out yet so he needs more KOs, I doubt they will show him off taking out U3/2 since it wouldn't be that interseting, he has a reason going after them (he hates saiyans, Frost is there, getting rid of them will end up in the death of Beerus' brother)).

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:06 am

What's up with the lack of Cabba during all this? He hasn't been around since episode 100 but we keep seeing Kale and Cauili.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:11 am

dragon boss z wrote:
Chuquita wrote:
Jigurashi wrote: The longer they hold him back and keep most of U7 and U6 fighters in, the more likely I see that being. I don't know if he'll body both teams, but I can definitely see him trashing most of either U7 or U6.
I can see that happening. They're going to have to do something big with Jiren; eventually they'll have to produce evidence to back up how threatening they keep saying he is.

Saying "Jiren is strong." is one thing. Showing Jiren KO-ing most of Uni 6 or 7 will go a lot farther.
I think Jiren will take out most of U6 but I think Frieza will be taking out most of U6 (he has taken almost nobody out yet so he needs more KOs, I doubt they will show him off taking out U3/2 since it wouldn't be that interseting, he has a reason going after them (he hates saiyans, Frost is there, getting rid of them will end up in the death of Beerus' brother)).
Vegeta will lose to either Toppo or Hit or he may be surpised by Cabba.

Gohan's cockiness has the potential to come back and he will lose because of it if it does. I say against the Namekians which will leave Piccolo to fight them alone.

Frieza and Hit will be the fighters to show how strong Jiren is.
MainJPW wrote:What's up with the lack of Cabba during all this? He hasn't been around since episode 100 but we keep seeing Kale and Cauili.
He probably has a big role later and will end up facing better fighters than Caulifla and Kale.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:41 am

The regular DXF Vegetto Blue has a darker gi than the Super Vegetto, hope the final version of the Ichiban Kuji is the same. It's not much of a bone but it's something at least.
Noah wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:FES Stage Vol 2 (SS Namek Goku "repaint") 14/9:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
These are really well done, something about Goku's arms that looks real for me :)

Fun fact the SS Namek Goku was inspired from this drawing from the Dragon Ball Illustration Collection: The Golden Warrior (drawn I presume by Nakatsuru):
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:03 am

:oops:
MainJPW wrote:What's up with the lack of Cabba during all this? He hasn't been around since episode 100 but we keep seeing Kale and Cauili.
He was in episode 102 when the kamikaze fireball did there attack
Hell frost been gone longer than him

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:03 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
dragon boss z wrote:
Chuquita wrote:

Vegeta will lose to either Toppo or Hit or he may be surpised by Cabba.

Gohan's cockiness has the potential to come back and he will lose because of it if it does. I say against the Namekians which will leave Piccolo to fight them alone.

Frieza and Hit will be the fighters to show how strong Jiren is.
He probably has a big role later and will end up facing better fighters than Caulifla and Kale.
You like cabba?

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:10 am

Frieza and Frost have been exchanging strategies all this time, watch them come out outta nowhere, turn golden Freeza and fifth from Frost respectively..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:12 am

pacz360 wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
You like cabba?
No way! I am just saying what I think based on what has happened so far.
Ki Breaker wrote:Frieza and Frost have been exchanging strategies all this time, watch them come out outta nowhere, turn golden Freeza and fifth from Frost respectively..
Frost will look like Cooler then? That would ruin Cooler but we do have Broly and mosr likely Slug.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:41 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:Frieza and Frost have been exchanging strategies all this time, watch them come out outta nowhere, turn golden Freeza and fifth from Frost respectively..
Frost will look like Cooler then? That would ruin Cooler but we do have Broly and mosr likely Slug.
Think of it as improving Frost..
That form looks really good on him, especially because of his colour scheme..
Frost's my top character, right besides Gohan, him getting shine I am all about, and what better way to do so than improve his already awesome design even further..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:23 am

namekiansaiyan wrote: Frost will look like Cooler then? That would ruin Cooler
How'd that ruin Cooler?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:35 am

Kanassa wrote:
How'd that ruin Cooler?
Cooler is a better character whereas Frost is a little bastard who fights even more dirty than Cooler and Frieza will ever do.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:39 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
How'd that ruin Cooler?
Cooler is a better character whereas Frost is a little bastard who fights even more dirty than Cooler and Frieza will ever do.
1. What does Frost fighting dirty have to o with which character is better as a character? Hell, Cooler is a character much more likely to play dirty.
2. Again, how'd that ruin Cooler?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:43 am

Kanassa wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Kanassa wrote: How'd that ruin Cooler?
1. What does Frost fighting dirty have to o with which character is better as a character? Hell, Cooler is a character much more likely to play dirty.
Plus, Freeza blows up a planet when outmatched and tries to shoot Goku in the back after he begged for mercy. In the retellings, Freeza attacked Goku's friends during their battle.

When Frost was faced with death by Hit, he accepted it without taking the planet he was standing on with him.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:48 am

Kanassa wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Kanassa wrote: How'd that ruin Cooler?
If Cooler doesn't have the '5th' form than what does he have that the others don't?

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:57 am

HeroR wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Plus, Freeza blows up a planet when outmatched and tries to shoot Goku in the back after he begged for mercy. In the retellings, Freeza attacked Goku's friends during their battle.

When Frost was faced with death by Hit, he accepted it without taking the planet he was standing on with him.
Frost told Hit he will not resist and that he accepted his fate and then 2 seconds later tries to poison Hit,also we don't know if he knows that he can survive a planet's explosion.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:58 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
If Cooler doesn't have the '5th' form than what does he have that the others don't?
A cooler name.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:01 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Kanassa wrote: 1. What does Frost fighting dirty have to o with which character is better as a character? Hell, Cooler is a character much more likely to play dirty.
A cooler name.
And an army consisting of even cooler soldiers..

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:04 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
A cooler name.
And an army consisting of even cooler soldiers..
He also needs to be more metal.