"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:20 pm

Whatever wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Kanassa wrote: 1. What does Frost fighting dirty have to o with which character is better as a character? Hell, Cooler is a character much more likely to play dirty.
2. Again, how'd that ruin Cooler?
Plus, Freeza blows up a planet when outmatched and tries to shoot Goku in the back after he begged for mercy. In the retellings, Freeza attacked Goku's friends during their battle.

When Frost was faced with death by Hit, he accepted it without taking the planet he was standing on with him.
Frost told Hit he will not resist and that he accepted his fate and then 2 seconds later tries to poison Hit,also we don't know if he knows that he can survive a planet's explosion.
He did that, Hit caught it, and Frost gave up.

He's also part of Freeza's race who can survive in a vacuum, stated by Beerus in Resurrection 'F'. So, it's a racial trait that he can survive in space and Freeza survived Namek exploding on when he was half dead and much weaker than Frost. The same with Resurrection 'F' Freeza.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:32 pm

HeroR wrote:
Whatever wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Plus, Freeza blows up a planet when outmatched and tries to shoot Goku in the back after he begged for mercy. In the retellings, Freeza attacked Goku's friends during their battle.

When Frost was faced with death by Hit, he accepted it without taking the planet he was standing on with him.
Frost told Hit he will not resist and that he accepted his fate and then 2 seconds later tries to poison Hit,also we don't know if he knows that he can survive a planet's explosion.
He did that, Hit caught it, and Frost gave up.

He's also part of Freeza's race who can survive in a vacuum, stated by Beerus in Resurrection 'F'. So, it's a racial trait that he can survive in space and Freeza survived Namek exploding on when he was half dead and much weaker than Frost. The same with Resurrection 'F' Freeza.
Yes as i said he lied to his face and tried to poison him,not much different than Freeza's case.

I know Freeza's species can survive a planet's explosion but thats not what i meant.
I said that Frost most likely does not have that knowledge which is why he did not blow up the planet when faced with death by Hit.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:55 pm

Whatever wrote:I know Freeza's species can survive a planet's explosion but thats not what i meant.
I said that Frost most likely does not have that knowledge which is why he did not blow up the planet when faced with death by Hit.
Or it's because Frost isn't a total scumbag like Frieza. As far as we've been told he's never blown up a planet while Frieza reveled in the fact that he could. And even he hesitated to blow up Namek while he was standing on it.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:57 pm

BREAKING GOKU'S NEW FORM LEAKED PROPER! OMG....

http://i.imgur.com/4ytwdO1.jpg

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:03 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Whatever wrote:I know Freeza's species can survive a planet's explosion but thats not what i meant.
Or it's because Frost isn't a total scumbag like Frieza. As far as we've been told he's never blown up a planet while Frieza reveled in the fact that he could. And even he hesitated to blow up Namek while he was standing on it.
For Frost to not blow up the planet while knowing he can survive that would mean he values millions of lives over his own.
Thing is that is extremely unlikely,if he cared that much then he would not start wars for his own profit.And he even said Champa he is lucky he did not kill Piccolo after he poisoned him,this statement proves he is not above pointless slaughter either.
Of course he has not blown up a planet since that would contradict his plans.

With what we have been shown so far,the most logical/likely reason as to why he did not blow up the planet when faced with death by Hit is because he did know that he can survive a planet's explosion.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:04 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:If Cooler doesn't have the '5th' form than what does he have that the others don't?
The Big Gete Star. I hear it enables him to cheat death.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:16 pm

There's also the possibility that hit could breathe in space, making the explosion of the planet useless. Either way, you guys are over thinking the planet explosion stuff. Frost would probably do it but the writers probably didn't even think of it.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:28 pm

kinisking wrote:There's also the possibility that hit could breathe in space, making the explosion of the planet useless. Either way, you guys are over thinking the planet explosion stuff. Frost would probably do it but the writers probably didn't even think of it.
Kind of an assumption there.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:49 pm

HeroR wrote:
kinisking wrote:There's also the possibility that hit could breathe in space, making the explosion of the planet useless. Either way, you guys are over thinking the planet explosion stuff. Frost would probably do it but the writers probably didn't even think of it.
Kind of an assumption there.
Yes, it is. Literally everything about this situation is going to turn out to just be an assumption. We can't really use that moment to prove he's as ruthless as Freeza or not as ruthless.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:18 pm

Wow, almost no talk of Roshi in the next episode. You guys don't seem to care about him, do you?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:22 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:The Big Gete Star. I hear it enables him to cheat death.
I see what you did there. :P

HOW COULD THIS BE!? - Cooler, Metal - 2016
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:22 pm

precita wrote:Wow, almost no talk of Roshi in the next episode. You guys don't seem to care about him, do you?
Well unlike, say, Krillin or 17, Roshi didn't do much to get anyone excited about him doing anything, aside from just being Roshi (And not in the best way). So for me, I don't expect a whole lot. I wouldn't even know what TO expect.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:28 pm

precita wrote:Wow, almost no talk of Roshi in the next episode. You guys don't seem to care about him, do you?
What you taking about? He is "mah boy" Roshi.. Guy's a badass and that matters!
It's simply that the results are pretty obvious, Mafuba gets a toll on him and he goes down, either stays on stage unable to fight or drops out.. Nothing much to discuss..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:31 pm

I wonder, if the mafuuba ends up killing Roshi, would the Grand Priest count that as his opponent killing Roshi?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:37 pm

Kanassa wrote:I wonder, if the mafuuba ends up killing Roshi, would the Grand Priest count that as his opponent killing Roshi?
I would think it would count as a suicide move since he did it to himself.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:42 pm

Kanassa wrote:I wonder, if the mafuuba ends up killing Roshi, would the Grand Priest count that as his opponent killing Roshi?
Probably not because one, it's suicide, two there is a fighter who is literally a suicide bomber, if they added him then it's probably meant to show that's something acceptable and dosen't count as potentially bending the rules in your favor..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Rhuagh
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Rhuagh » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:56 pm

Not much to talk about. He is one of my favorite characters but his reintroduction as a fighter is forced and unnecessary. He passed the torch long ago. The fact his techniques are still so effective against strong opponents paints him as a coward, that for decades didn't want to risk his life against the enemies faced by the Z Fighters.

Kame-Sennin's participation in this tournament is a mistake by Mr. Toriyama.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:22 pm

I'm looking forward to Episode 106 preview, we will get an idea what happened to Roshi, and maybe the reveals of Damon and his twin brother...

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:23 pm

Rhuagh wrote:
Not much to talk about. He is one of my favorite characters but his reintroduction as a fighter is forced and unnecessary. He passed the torch long ago. The fact his techniques are still so effective against strong opponents paints him as a coward, that for decades didn't want to risk his life against the enemies faced by the Z Fighters.

Kame-Sennin's participation in this tournament is a mistake by Mr. Toriyama.
I wouldn't really call him a coward. He tried to stop King Piccolo and died (I don't know why he didn't try to fight in buff form though), he asked Goku if he wanted help with Raditz but Goku said no because he was already revived once, same reason would probably apply to fighting Nappa and Vegeta. He wasn't on Namek so he couldn't help there, and after that all the opponents were way above his pay grade.

I think people are just over-hyping the strength of the people in this tournament. Most of these no names and fodder could easily be as low as namek saga tier and Roshi has been training (ya still kind of dumb he got that strong).

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:26 pm

Yup. Can't say I care about Roshi. That incredibly uncomfortable character episode of his and Tenshinhan's didn't do any favors either. Even without that episode, unless his shtick is handled by someone who understands the character we'd be in for another repeat of that episode from earlier in the arc where it'd feel at best dated and at worst alienating to a good chunk of the audience.

My thought is the only reason Roshi's even in this tournament is because Toriyama likes him. Not in the way that Koyama likes Brolli or the way Nagamine likes 17, but enough to where he feels shoehorned in when there were probably better options.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!