"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:30 am

emperior wrote: I'm very interested in Toriyama's interview, I hope he will share something interesting and that he will also talk about Super.
I would like for him to comment directly on super the anime..
And maybe let us know why it's so atrocious
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:33 am

perucho1990 wrote:Next week we get the next batch of spoilers and a 1 week later Jump Festa stuff.

For Jump Festa, Hope they announce a new arc and its Planet Sadala or U6 Adventures

You could have 2 groups to focus

Group 1:
Goku, Vegeta and the U6 Saiyan kids

Group 2:
Gohan,Piccolo, Saonel and Pirina.
That is if Saonel and Pirina don't get absorbed by Piccolo first. I can't help but think it since they are the last Universe 6 members.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:17 am

Noah wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:Even now, Goku doesn't seem to be interested in fighting angels. He seems to accept that they're at an unreachable peak. If he actually manages to beat Jiren, then he might want a rematch with Beerus.

Besides GoD, what other strong guys are there really? He seems to have lost interest in Hit, who, taking away the time skip, isn't really in Goku's level anymore. The U6 saiyans are not at his level either. It's just Toppo and Jiren.

Goku is more interested in Uub's potential, based on what he saw from Kid Buu, than his present strength. Like I mentioned, Kid Buu could instantly learn as he fought. He had genius level fighting skills, but he was far too mentally unstable to benefit from them the way someone like Uub can. If Uub is capable of easily mastering ultra instinct and later on inheriting Kid Buu's crazy majin abilities, that could make him a force beyond any GoD.
Sorry, but these (bold) are nothing but assumptions of your part. Nothing ever indicated that Goku accepted that he can't surpass the Angels, even Vegeta said someday he would surpass Whis and Vados, why Goku wouldn't share the same desire? The same could be said he have lost interest in Hit, Goku may have surpassed him in raw strength, but he still wanted to fight him in tournament despite knowing Hit couldn't use his full abillities.
The theory of Uub being capable of mastering ultra instinct is why I brought this up in the first place. It's backed up with what we know about his counterpart. The fact that they've introduced a technique not exclusive to saiyans gives Uub the opportunity to easily catch up to the rest of the characters, and it just makes sense he could access it very quickly.

As for everything else, I'm basing that on what we're seeing on-screen. Maybe not so much the him being unable to catch up to the angels thing, but Goku really hasn't shown interest in fighting Hit since Jiren and Toppo were introduced. Hit will be pretty much fodder trash once Goku is capable of mastering ultra instinct.
emperior wrote:https://twitter.com/GovetaXV/status/935077502174629889

There will be a Q&A with Toriyama in the Saikyo Jump January 2018 issue, along with a "Saiyan Super Strongest" comic, which will contain infos about Saiyans and their power-ups, but only for the "Z" portion (so no Super).

I'm very interested in Toriyama's interview, I hope he will share something interesting and that he will also talk about Super.
I hope he's bombarded with Gohan questions.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:32 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
That is if Saonel and Pirina don't get absorbed by Piccolo first. I can't help but think it since they are the last Universe 6 members.
I know you are worried about Piccolo, while he wont get eliminated in episode 118, he might get eliminated in episode 119 by the Cicadas due to being too wounded.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:37 am

Xeogran wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Xeogran wrote:
Maji Kayo is stronger than Dyspo and I see people overestimating the other regardless :evil:

Shantsa is still on the Tournament, so his role cannot be judged as of yet.
proof of this statement? Because Dyspo getting hit with a bullshit trick doesnt mean superior raw power
Dyspo didnt even do his light speed punch thing
Dyspo couldn't get off Maji's grip until he got distracted by Jiren stepping in. Also, tricks are a part of a battle. It was Maji's strategy, and it was successful.
I dont think we can judge whose power is best when Dyspo didnt go all out.

Maji having a better plan doesnt make him better, otherwise Piccolo would literally be the best on his plans alone

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:37 am

perucho1990 wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
I know you are worried about Piccolo, while he wont get eliminated in episode 118, he might get eliminated in episode 119 by the Cicadas due to being too wounded.
I don't know what that has to with I said but I am confident that episode 119 will not be about Piccolo and Gohan due to them being focused on in episode 118.

I still think it is the Androids going before Piccolo does.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:58 am

Androids main fight might likely be Universe 3, and then eliminated by Jiren.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:09 pm

emperior wrote:"Saiyan Super Strongest" comic, which will contain infos about Saiyans and their power-ups, but only for the "Z" portion (so no Super).
An opportunity to try and give the shitfest that was Ikari some explanation....but nope. Gonna have to wait even longer now.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:11 pm

perucho1990 wrote:Androids main fight might likely be Universe 3, and then eliminated by Jiren.
It will be 18 since they keep highlighting her injury. Ribrianne is 18's main fight.

You are have no idea if Piccolo will be injured or not. I am going to guess that Piccolo has this 'unlimted regeneration' by the end of episdoe 117.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:15 pm

With the arrangement of surviving characters like the mechanical-themed Universe 3 roster and the Namekian duo from Universe 6 poised to have front and centre focus next episode, I'm really nervous about Piccolo's prospects for surviving 119. Many of us were projecting #18 to be the one who would fall, and I feel like a good argument exists for why she should -- she's had numerous episodes portraying her in a competent fighting light by challenging and eliminating various foes, some through teamwork, and she's even managed to bring down the most prominent member of Universe 2, Ribrianne. Keep in mind, she accomplished the latter part with an injured heel. We now have some people talking about Piccolo falling out due to some future injury. I can't help but point out the irony of such a potentiality. How much more do they have planned for #18? Universe 3 looks possible with their similar overlapping themes of artificial scientific backgrounds.

My expectations were already low but I'm beginning to feel like Toei is wearing out the welcome of some at the expense of granting any justice to those who have still yet to receive any quality screentime.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:24 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
It will be 18 since they keep highlighting her injury. Ribrianne is 18's main fight.

You are have no idea if Piccolo will be injured or not. I am going to guess that Piccolo has this 'unlimted regeneration' by the end of episdoe 117.
The only way he gets it if he absorbs either Saonel and Pirina.

If he gets it via Nakama power, it would be very embarrasing for his character too.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:31 pm

Lionel wrote:With the arrangement of surviving characters like the mechanical-themed Universe 3 roster and the Namekian duo from Universe 6 poised to have front and centre focus next episode, I'm really nervous about Piccolo's prospects for surviving 119. Many of us were projecting #18 to be the one who would fall, and I feel like a good argument exists for why she should -- she's had numerous episodes portraying her in a competent fighting light by challenging and eliminating various foes, some through teamwork, and she's even managed to bring down the most prominent member of Universe 2, Ribrianne. Keep in mind, she accomplished the latter part with an injured heel. We now have some people talking about Piccolo falling out due to some future injury. I can't help but point out the irony of such a potentiality. How much more do they have planned for #18? Universe 3 looks possible with their similar overlapping themes of artificial scientific backgrounds.

My expectations were already low but I'm beginning to feel like Toei is wearing out the welcome of some at the expense of granting any justice to those who have still yet to receive any quality screentime.
Toriyama surely can't be giving 18 anymore especially after all the things you listed that she has done and because of her injury.

Piccolo hasn't done enough yet to warrant being around for so long so I think he has more to do and the natural order of things would say 18 is next, so I am not worried about him.
perucho1990 wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

The only way he gets it if he absorbs either Saonel and Pirina.

If he gets it via Nakama power, it would be very embarrasing for his character too.
I doubt any of these 2 is happening.

The question is why does Saonel and Pirina have it and not Piccolo. Maybe he just isn't accessing his power and abilities properly.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:38 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:.. and not Piccolo..
"Evolution"
Just like the Saiyan's excuse
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:44 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:.. and not Piccolo..
"Evolution"
Just like the Saiyan's excuse
That means Piccolo can get it just like how the Universe 6 Saiyans got Super Saiyan.

I am going to guess that Piccolo at the end of the fight will better fighter then at the start.

Anyway this 'unlimited regeneration' better be good.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:53 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
emperior wrote:"Saiyan Super Strongest" comic, which will contain infos about Saiyans and their power-ups, but only for the "Z" portion (so no Super).
An opportunity to try and give the shitfest that was Ikari some explanation....but nope. Gonna have to wait even longer now.
I have a feeling they won't touch up on Super stuff because Toriyama isn't familiar with them, and he might end up contradicting something from either the anime or the manga by commenting on God and Blue. And if they asked about Ikari, I imagine his answer would be like "... what? Aah, I remember, that strange transformation the anime staff gave to Trunks. I have no idea what that is *laughs*"

That is, of course, if Toriyama's interview has something to do with the Saiyan comic thing. I hope they will actually ask something about Super, especially the anime. I would like to see what Toriyama's opinion of it is, and maybe he could actually give hints for the future of the serie considering the interview is in January. I would die of happiness if he confirmed that Super will be going after EoZ.
Last edited by emperior on Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:53 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote: That means Piccolo can get it just like how the Universe 6 Saiyans got Super Saiyan.
I don't think it works that way if we go by piccolo being the less evolved one logic here..
If they literally evolved to posses the Regen ability Piccolo can't get it unless he too evolves, which is not possible because biology

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:02 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote: That means Piccolo can get it just like how the Universe 6 Saiyans got Super Saiyan.
I don't think it works that way if we go by piccolo being the less evolved one logic here..
If they literally evolved to posses the Regen ability Piccolo can't get it unless he too evolves, which is not possible because biology
Just you wait, he will get it if it is a proper ability whether that be him getting it himself or him absorbing Saonel and Pirina because he needs something now.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:42 pm

perucho1990 wrote:Androids main fight might likely be Universe 3, and then eliminated by Jiren.
18 already had her main fight. 17 will sure outlast her and won't be falling with her. i doubt they will even team up in the future their power gap is enormous. 18 was promoted to fight with her brother and husband and she did both. time for her to go anytime now. doubt she will eliminate anyone again either.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:55 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:
18 already had her main fight. 17 will sure outlast her and won't be falling with her. i doubt they will even team up in the future their power gap is enormous. 18 was promoted to fight with her brother and husband and she did both. time for her to go anytime now. doubt she will eliminate anyone again either.
Didn't you saw that last week?
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:58 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
Do you actually think anything in DB would be limited by something like 'it's not scientifically plausible' ?