"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Freeza9000 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:53 am

HeroR wrote:
The_Destroyer wrote:
Simere wrote:
More than just misleading, that spoiler was plain wrong. That's happened a couple of times this arc.
Still wondering what special techniques Tien was going to use in the 2v2.
Probably dig after Gohan drilled him into the mountain.
I have to admit, this one made me chuckle a bit.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:12 am

Freeza9000 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
The_Destroyer wrote: Still wondering what special techniques Tien was going to use in the 2v2.
Probably dig after Gohan drilled him into the mountain.
I have to admit, this one made me chuckle a bit.
Tenshinhan used dig.No,something feels wrong .... wasn't chiatzou the pokemon?
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:15 am

Hawk9211 wrote: Tenshinhan used dig.No,something feels wrong .... wasn't chiatzou the pokemon?
[spoiler]Image
Think again[/spoiler]
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:21 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
Hawk9211 wrote: Tenshinhan used dig.No,something feels wrong .... wasn't chiatzou the pokemon?
[spoiler]Image
Think again[/spoiler]
Never mind
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:41 am

With U6 and U2 gone, does anyone actually give a crap about any of these remaining non-U11 fighters?

It's grueling to think we're gonna have an episode (or episodes) dedicated to some smurf, and then another about the bugs, and then another dedicated to that Hero Academia rip off, and then the inevitable megazord, and so on until we get to the f'ing point in March. We ALL know nothing will come from any of these episodes besides false tension. When U7 guys get knocked out, it's never from being overpowered either...

I just want Jiren to flash eliminate all this fodder trash and take U7 down one by one. I prefer a slow paced, longwinded DBZ-style fight against one power house over episodes dedicated to irrelevant, boring trash we'll never see again after this arc.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:47 am

I'm still waiting for Universe 3 to have some surprises. All these robots didn't last this late into the tournament for no reason. We've seen them all beaten up already in various eps, so maybe they all combine to a mega super sentai robot.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:49 am

precita wrote:All these robots didn't last this late into the tournament for no reason.
Sooo.. the cop is gonna have a surprise as well?

Unless they pull something unexpected, people aren't going out even after being beat isn't because they are gonna pose a significant challenge, but to waste a lot of time until the eventual rematch..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:59 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
precita wrote:All these robots didn't last this late into the tournament for no reason.

Unless they pull something unexpected, people aren't going out even after being beat isn't because they are gonna pose a significant challenge, but to waste a lot of time until the eventual rematch..
Well Vegeta is going Super Saiyan in the preview against him next ep, I guess he'll do something before going down.

Also don't you find it odd? If U4 falls next week, the 6 robot characters are all that's left outside the Pride troopers. Why have all the robots be the last remaining characters outside the Jiren trio if they were all fodder? They have to do something with them.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:06 am

precita wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:

Well Vegeta is going Super Saiyan in the preview against him next ep, I guess he'll do something before going down.

Also don't you find it odd? If U4 falls next week, the 6 robot characters are all that's left outside the Pride troopers. Why have all the robots be the last remaining characters outside the Jiren trio if they were all fodder? They have to do something with them.
I guess they might be the final key to push Goku to ultra instinct third time, Universe 11 would be remaining so goku can go for Jiren straight after, but aside from that, I cannot see them doing anything of value whatsoever..

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:51 am

Piccolo got the final hit on Universe 6 and Gohan didn't so I like to think of that as Toriyama trying to make up for the last tournament.

Arg
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arg » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:06 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:Piccolo got the final hit on Universe 6 and Gohan didn't so I like to think of that as Toriyama trying to make up for the last tournament.
Still counts as a combo elimination, meaning 1 point for each.

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:07 am

Gotte give credit to whoever made that preview. Pretty much everyone but Goku and Freeza seem to be in trouble.

At this point I don't even think there's a tuffle in Universe 2. I thought they will mention it in this episode, but it wasn't brought up at all.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:12 am

Arg wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:Piccolo got the final hit on Universe 6 and Gohan didn't so I like to think of that as Toriyama trying to make up for the last tournament.
It was a team fight but it obviously depends on how you score. The way the Trio de Danger went out is different to Saonel and Pirina even though they were team battles. Anyway I just care that Piccolo got the final hit as it just seemed right.

I also get another Special Beam Cannon moment which is my favourite attack.
Last edited by namekiansaiyan on Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arg
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arg » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:20 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Arg wrote:
It was a team fight but it obviously depends on hiw you score. The way the Trio de Danger went out is different to Saonel and Pirina even though they werr team battles. Anyway I just care that Piccolo got the final hit as it just seemed right.

It was awesome by the way, and as many have mentioned already, the special beam cannon finally hit!! Hope they have another moment stored for him. Maybe they take on Jiren as a team, each contributing his part before goku finishes him off.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:24 am

Also note that this is the second time Piccolo and Gohan are the ones to put the final nail in a universe's coffin. Wonder if Gohan's going to have another moment of reflection.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:32 am

Arg wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Arg wrote:
It was a team fight but it obviously depends on hiw you score. The way the Trio de Danger went out is different to Saonel and Pirina even though they werr team battles. Anyway I just care that Piccolo got the final hit as it just seemed right.

It was awesome by the way, and as many have mentioned already, the special beam cannon finally hit!! Hope they have another moment stored for him. Maybe they take on Jiren as a team, each contributing his part before goku finishes him off.
I want to see his Light Grenade but due to the way that attack hits it might not be very nice to the arena.

Maybe all of team universe 7 will fight Jiren to help Goku a little bit.

Jiren should knock out the rest of team Universe 7 and he does it because they become annoying. Piccolo could save Goku from falling out by using his stretchy arms, 17 could use his Android Barrier to protect him and Gohan could have a rage boost for a short time. I am sure they can find something for the rest of the team to do to help out Goku.
Michsi wrote:Also note that this is the second time Piccolo and Gohan are the ones to put the final nail in a universe's coffin. Wonder if Gohan's going to have another moment of reflection.
I don't think so since he is probably used to it now and Piccolo got the final hit this time instead of him.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:49 am

What I don't like is how Universe 7 is the one that eliminates the universes all the time. Why not let Universe 2 or 6 do that before they got erased or Universe 11 - make the fights that should be watched and after that a scene in which the last fighter is beaten as well.

And, hah, I knew this unlimited regeneration thing was just phrased unfortunate and fans were theorizing for nothing. Like every other second.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:56 am

Cetra wrote:What I don't like is how Universe 7 is the one that eliminates the universes all the time. Why not let Universe 2 or 6 do that before they got erased or Universe 11 - make the fights that should be watched and after that a scene in which the last fighter is beaten as well.

And, hah, I knew this unlimited regeneration thing was just phrased unfortunate and fans were theorizing for nothing. Like every other second.
Unlimited Regeneration was something though as they have ridiculous stamina and vitality. All the damage didn't affect them.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:06 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Cetra wrote:What I don't like is how Universe 7 is the one that eliminates the universes all the time. Why not let Universe 2 or 6 do that before they got erased or Universe 11 - make the fights that should be watched and after that a scene in which the last fighter is beaten as well.

Unlimited Regeneration was something though as they have ridiculous stamina and vitality. All the damage didn't affect them.
That's not the same thing as unlimited regeneration. I know you like Piccolo and other Namekians but not every post you make needs to be a divine glorification of Piccolo or them. It gets as tiresome as when that one Goten fan from one-two years ago really put the word Goten in his post even when the topic had nothing to do with it. As said, the phrasing was misleading.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:14 am

BREAKING NEWS: https://twitter.com/MIkAKANAI3018/statu ... 8285625344

Mika Kanai joins the DBS Voice Cast. You may know her as the cute voice she did for Chikorita from Pokemon Johto.

Now who is a new cute character who hasn' said anything yet? Nobody else but...

That's right! Judging by this tweet, it seems like Shantsa will be important! I'm so super, super hype!!! :mrgreen: