"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

majinwarman
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Postby majinwarman » Wed May 23, 2018 11:20 am

Basaku wrote:Dunno if late or not, updated financial charts for Toei & Bandai full fiscal years, once again gargantuan numbers and record sales. DB is by far #1 property for both companies

Bandai: https://www.bandainamco.co.jp/cgi-bin/r ... ry_id=5900

Toei: http://corp.toei-anim.co.jp/ir/materials/library.php

DB made 14,5 billion yen for Toei last fiscal year, in comparsion - One Piece made "only" 8,5 billion yen :D

Dragon Ball is still king until they go on another 10 year break.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
Advanced Regular

Postby PerhapsTheOtherOne » Wed May 23, 2018 6:10 pm

So, in other news, the sky is blue :P

sintzu
Namekian Warrior

Postby sintzu » Wed May 23, 2018 6:45 pm

I remember before BOG people were saying DB was over rated and could never survive in today's anime world, I wonder what they think about this. :lol:
ToshioWrites wrote:Fans : I hope my fave character gets a good showing and maybe fingers crossed the final glory

Goku fanboys : Greedy mofos . This is the Goku show . Know your place.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Postby jeffbr92 » Wed May 23, 2018 9:48 pm

sintzu wrote:I remember before BOG people were saying DB was over rated and could never survive in today's anime world, I wonder what they think about this. :lol:

Which people you mean not from this fandom right? Could not believe they would say such harsh words to the series they like.

Basaku wrote:DB made 14,5 billion yen for Toei last fiscal year, in comparsion - One Piece made "only" 8,5 billion yen :D

I read that One Piece (manga) profit is way bigger than DB (manga), is that right?
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

sintzu
Namekian Warrior

Postby sintzu » Wed May 23, 2018 10:32 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
sintzu wrote:I remember before BOG people were saying DB was over rated and could never survive in today's anime world, I wonder what they think about this. :lol:

Which people you mean not from this fandom right? Could not believe they would say such harsh words to the series they like.

The internet in general but I doubt they were fans to begin with. You won't find them now. :lol:
ToshioWrites wrote:Fans : I hope my fave character gets a good showing and maybe fingers crossed the final glory

prince212
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Postby prince212 » Wed May 23, 2018 11:25 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
I read that One Piece (manga) profit is way bigger than DB (manga), is that right?
talking about manga , I believe one piece sells 10-20 times more than dragon ball , that’s right
What’s first , the chicken or the egg?
Manga is the egg and anime is the chicken , you choose what’s first

sintzu
Namekian Warrior

Postby sintzu » Thu May 24, 2018 5:32 am

prince212 wrote:
jeffbr92 wrote:
talking about manga , I believe one piece sells 10-20 times more than dragon ball , that’s right

DB doesn't have a weekly manga by Toriyama so it's not a fair comparison as DB's manga is monthly by Toyotaro.

Michsi
I Live Here

Postby Michsi » Thu May 24, 2018 5:55 am

sintzu wrote:
jeffbr92 wrote:

The internet in general but I doubt they were fans to begin with. You won't find them now. :lol:

You can still find them. I did, and most of the time it's by accident. When it comes to general discussions, most would claim that DBS isn't really worth your time unless you are really into the franchise and that even then you might not like it - this coming from people who have watched the show and after DBS concluded.

It's true that DBS has picke up a lot in the last year, but I wouldn't say it managed to win everyone over. I'd say FighterZ and movie info have ensured most of the positivism within the fandom.

Baggie_Saiyan
Kicks it Old-School

Postby Baggie_Saiyan » Thu May 24, 2018 4:52 pm

I can only see the merch sales increasing next fiscal year, despite no show on the air this summer will continue to benefit from the immense Ultra Instinct Goku hype as that dies down towards the end of the year we get "filler" releases before the big movie in December. Now if they can hit the movie month harder then they did BoG/"F" they should make mint (on current evidence it looks like they might).

Return to “Dragon Ball Super”