"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:02 pm

I wonder if U6 has a full team or not? Maybe Zeno was okay with U4 and U6 only having 8 members.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Yomi
Regular

Post by Yomi » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:04 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Yomi wrote: [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
When someone is talking to senpai
Kale must be extremely insecure if she thinks she's gonna lose her friend every time she's moderately interested in someone else.
Hellspawn28 wrote:I wonder if U6 has a full team or not? Maybe Zeno was okay with U4 and U6 only having 8 members.
It's pretty obvious that there are two hidden/invisible fighters in universe 4. Tien did sense them; and I remembered Whis saying "If Zeno says 10, it's 10"
Last edited by Yomi on Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:clap:

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:05 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I wonder if U6 has a full team or not? Maybe Zeno was okay with U4 and U6 only having 8 members.
Tien felt the pretences of the two missing warriors from u4 and there were two shadow like figures behind Hit

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:06 pm

Yomi wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Yomi wrote: [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
When someone is talking to senpai
Kale must be extremely insecure if she thinks she's gonna lose her friend every time she's moderately interested in someone else.
It's pretty obvious that there are two hidden/invisible fighters. Tien did sense them; and I remembered Whis saying "If Zeno says 10, it's 10"
Kale was probably a lonely child or someone who was looked down slot and caulifla is her first real friend

MR.Mark
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by MR.Mark » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:25 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:Goku Black (not Zamasu) is the best villain in DB along with Frieza. His on-screen presence alone was perfect.
But Goku Black IS Zamasu, and that's why Zamasu's a great villain. He took on some interesting quirks when invading Goku's body that almost makes you forget he's the same character.

Vados_chan
Banned

Post by Vados_chan » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:46 pm

Goku Black (not Zamasu) is the best villain in DB along with Frieza. His on-screen presence alone was perfect.
:wtf: Goku Black IS Zamasu, i really wish people would stop calling him GB and just call him Zamasu or Goku!Zamasu

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:20 am

Vados_chan wrote:
Goku Black (not Zamasu) is the best villain in DB along with Frieza. His on-screen presence alone was perfect.
:wtf: Goku Black IS Zamasu, i really wish people would stop calling him GB and just call him Zamasu or Goku!Zamasu
I knew someone would quote me saying that. Technically, he's an incarnation of Zamasu, but Goku Black has enough distinctions from his counterpart to make him his own character. It's clear Goku's saiyan genes devolved him into a more sadistic and battle hungry character. These are the most prominent characteristics of the villain. Hell, he even calls himself Goku, despite consciously knowing he's in someone else's body and hating all mortals! When Zamasu suggests he becomes immortal, he scoffs at the notion.

I could care less about Zamasu returning, but if Goku Black returned for this tournament, that would have been a delight.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:19 am

MR.Mark wrote: Ok, but when you quote me with a hell no response and I call you out on why you feel that way, I don't get your attitude here. The point of a discussion board is to have a valid discussion, not just say hell no when there's nothing of substance to say.
Oh I have no problems giving explanations of what I did after you asked..
What I meant was, after that bit, there isn't much discussion scope here..
There's not much substance to be said because the point itself is moot..
Your original post itself was lacking context and was a simple statement, I followed suite :)
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:43 am

Yomi wrote:Here are some images.
[spoiler]Image
Power-Level enthusiasts are gonna have a field day with this one.[/spoiler]
I'm more intrigued by her all of a sudden having pupils, which again could mean that Toriyama's own design of her is the slimmer version, while Toei went full Broly.
Time will tell.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:29 am

Zamasu, as a combination of Present Zamasu/Future Zamasu and Goku Black is definitely one of the best villains this franchise has had but Frieza is #1.

Maybe Frieza's motivations and development isn't as interesting but he's kind of the ultimate Dragon Ball villain. Them bringing him back for Super as they have kinda keep him on top.

Sonicjamareiz
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Sonicjamareiz » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:14 am

dbgtFO wrote:
[spoiler]Image
I'm more intrigued by her all of a sudden having pupils, which again could mean that Toriyama's own design of her is the slimmer version, while Toei went full Broly.
Time will tell.
But that was Yamamuros drawing not Toriyamas :?
Purple Cum Monster Vegeta arc :sick:

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:21 am

[spoiler]Image
Good Lord, how much bigger does she get in her Berserker State? Also, she looks really old in this picture as well.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:22 am

Yeah If say Black were to pop out this arc? even by some stupid ass/illogical BS means I wont mind at all, I'd be jumping for joy even, Black and Freeza? eye to eye... holy hell that would be beautiful. I dont consider Black Goku as Zamasu as well, they have enough differences and traits to point them apart, not just from the VA. You'd never hear from Zamasu's mouth refer to his enemies as appetizers and main dish, some of Goku's mind rubbed of him.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:27 am

SansrivaaL wrote:Yeah If say Black were to pop out this arc? even by some stupid ass/illogical BS means I wont mind at all, I'd be jumping for joy even, Black and Freeza? eye to eye... holy hell that would be beautiful. I dont consider Black Goku as Zamasu as well, they have enough differences and traits to point them apart, not just from the VA. You'd never hear from Zamasu's mouth refer to his enemies as appetizers and main dish, some of Goku's mind rubbed of him.
Black appearing will tear the time line logic even further, because he isn't gonna be appearing in this timeline at least..
I truthfully still don't perfectly understand how it all went down in the future trunks arc.. No more time travel please
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:28 am

Squad assemble!

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:30 am

The ending makes me wonder if the stage will come out of the void at one point, or that the void itself is simply an illusion and there's actually land around the stage.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:07 am

SansrivaaL wrote:Squad assemble!
Wait what..
Those are Rocks.. what's going on in here

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:24 am

SansrivaaL wrote:Squad assemble!
Jiren, for the love of god unfold your arms, stop standing around like you're waiting for a bus and take this semi seriously, you absolute crushing bore. People are fighting to survive here. At least pretend to give a damn.

Regarding Zamasu/Goku Black/etc. Personally I preferred Zamasu to Black. We've seen both character types done before but Cell and Vegeta already did the whole "Battle monger" thing before more prominently.
With a bit more time I feel like Zamasu's descent into villainy could have been done really well. The fact he accepted Black was him and suddenly didn't care Gowasu was dead was a bit jarring and the groundwork was there for his complete distrust of mortals, it was just far too rushed.

Side note; still not convinced Goku was the best body swap choice though from a narrative point. Gohan's supposedly got more potential than him and would have made a far more interesting emotional dynamic vs. Future Trunks whilst simultaneously hyping up what Gohan COULD become and would have got people more pumped for his inclusion in the ToP arc.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:25 am

RedHeat wrote:Image
So Hit is going to fight with the robots. I seriously thought 17 and 18 will be the ones that will fight them.

Seems like Universe 3 will be fodder.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.