"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Beyond
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Beyond » Tue May 02, 2017 10:43 pm

If I had to guess who Gohan fights. I'd say Cabba, Cauli, and Toppo are the top spots for now. First he'll beat Cabba and Frost with Piccolo (a warm up fight for Gohan). Piccolo might get jobbed by Cauli and then Gohan decides to fight her. I'm not sure about toppo. I feel like Cauli will be really strong, so Gohan will be torn up after he fights her.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Tue May 02, 2017 10:56 pm

I'm surprised they made Gohan get his bang back in all honesty. I thought since Cabba had it, they'd make sure no one else did. Especially in the arc where he's returning.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Wed May 03, 2017 12:05 am

kinisking wrote:I'm surprised they made Gohan get his bang back in all honesty. I thought since Cabba had it, they'd make sure no one else did. Especially in the arc where he's returning.
Wasn't there a spoiler pic of Gohan for episode 90 that showed him without the bang?
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed May 03, 2017 12:12 am

I'm just happy the bang's back. It's all the difference between Buu arc Gohan and Cell arc Yamcha.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed May 03, 2017 12:32 am

Chuquita wrote:I'm just happy the bang's back. It's all the difference between Buu arc Gohan and Cell arc Yamcha.
I think the reason Yamcha has long hair again in Super is to distinguish him from Gohan more. Cell saga Yamcha looked way too similar to adult Gohan for his own good.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed May 03, 2017 12:35 am

precita wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I'm just happy the bang's back. It's all the difference between Buu arc Gohan and Cell arc Yamcha.
I think the reason Yamcha has long hair again in Super is to distinguish him from Gohan more. Cell saga Yamcha looked way too similar to adult Gohan for his own good.
Agreed. Also long/original is my favorite hairstyle on Yamcha, and I've always liked one bang Gohan so it works out well for me.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Wed May 03, 2017 1:52 am

With Piccolo knowing the erasing rule as well I still do not understand why the other can't?

Vegeta won't be happy... instead of changing diapers he would train to save Bra and everyone

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Wed May 03, 2017 2:07 am

TheMathemagician wrote:
kinisking wrote:I'm surprised they made Gohan get his bang back in all honesty. I thought since Cabba had it, they'd make sure no one else did. Especially in the arc where he's returning.
Wasn't there a spoiler pic of Gohan for episode 90 that showed him without the bang?
No, that was from episode 88.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed May 03, 2017 2:17 am

I'm happy that the bang is back as well, wasnt expecting they would. Now Gohan looks more like himself than GT Vegeta.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed May 03, 2017 4:15 am

I don't know why people think Vegeta needs to know about the erasing to motivate himself. He was happy to train for the Champa Tournament no problem.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed May 03, 2017 4:26 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I don't know why people think Vegeta needs to know about the erasing to motivate himself. He was happy to train for the Champa Tournament no problem.
That was before his daddy instincts kicked in, do you think he would be changing diapers instead training if he knew their lives were at stake if they lose?

ciccioDM

Post by ciccioDM » Wed May 03, 2017 7:06 am

New Toyotarō interview, source: wired.it
Q: Tell us something about the upcoming Dragon Ball Super arc.

A: I can only say this: do not think you already know the definitive teams for the upcoming Tournament of Power. Even if they have been already revealed”.
I'll get some time to translate the whole thing, even if it's mostly old news.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed May 03, 2017 7:27 am

ciccioDM wrote:New Toyotarō interview, source: wired.it

A: I can only say this: do not think you already know the definitive teams for the upcoming Tournament of Power. Even if they have been already revealed”.
They're going to dump Buu for Yamcha, aren't they....

Roronoa-pt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Roronoa-pt » Wed May 03, 2017 7:27 am

They teased all the ten fighters for months now, it would be a master trolling move from TOEI if they decided to exclude one or two members. Well, I guess Yamcha still has a chance to participate.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Wed May 03, 2017 7:28 am

More evidence supporting that will have someone replaced or they will add one More member to the squad
Last edited by The gr on Wed May 03, 2017 7:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
Mostly active on discord.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed May 03, 2017 7:30 am

The gr wrote: More evidence supporting that will have someone replaced or they will add one More member to the squad
They can't just add another member to the squad, the team's are 10 man. If someone else is part of the team that means someone who we think is part of the team is getting dumped.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Wed May 03, 2017 7:51 am

Do you guys think people would be upset if they replaced Roshi with Yamcha ?
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed May 03, 2017 7:55 am

kinisking wrote:Do you guys think people would be upset if they replaced Roshi with Yamcha ?
I'm going to be upset if anyone gets replaced. Roshi has his own scene in the OP, so I think he's safe.
Piccolo and Buu are the only ones that don't have scenes with any focus on them, though Piccolo appears one more time than Buu. I get the feeling that if anyone is replaced it will be Buu, he'll probably be passed out because he overexerted himself from the exhibition followed by lots of training, then the running gag of Yamcha thinking he'll get invited is ended with him actually being Buu's replacement.
I hope Toyotaro is just being cheeky for no reason.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed May 03, 2017 7:57 am

It almost has to be someone from U7. It's the only team that's been announced at all! :lol: I could see one of two things happening: Buu or Roshi get bumped for Yamcha, or Yurin ends up being a strong fighter and they take her. Everyone has had too much focus except for Vegeta, and I don't think there's any chance he's not going. Key being IF anyone gets replaced at all.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Wed May 03, 2017 8:07 am

The only ones who had a chance in being replaced are Buu, Roshi and Tenshinhan.

Tenshinhan will spar with Goku,Piccolo and Gohan so he is safe.

That leaves Roshi and Buu, something serious happens to Roshi in the next episode, we could rule him out, also he could be put to be in charge of Tenshinhans dojo.

Buu is still taking a nap, and given how hax he is, I wont be surprised if Toriyama leaves him out.

Yamcha vs any of the Wolf trio would be a fun matchup.