"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nero<>Akira
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Nero<>Akira » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:52 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Nero<>Akira wrote:17 trained for like 15 years and is a cyborg enhanced on the molecular level with infinite energy and was just a normal boy that was able to become more powerful than anyone (besides 16) by the time he was awakened by Doctor Gero (his creator). There's no way I will have a problem with it. Besides, Goku wasn't even going all out. he had to go blue cause 17 is obviously stronger than ssj3. doesn't mean Goku can't stomp him.
It is still stupid and the only reason he got this power up was because he was off screen if he wasn't he would be just like 18.
omaro34 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Yeah, keep thinking that.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: namekiansaiyan, I love your passion.
I am getting ready for the Namekian fight even though it is slightly ruined with that nerd tagging along.
perucho1990 wrote:Image

Sorry but the girls are here to stay. They are getting too much attention and wouldnt be surprised if they get to reach the Final 10-15.

The Namekians have gotten 0 hype so far.
These Saiyans are going very soon and you know that really.

The three Namekians, Toppo and Jiren are the only characters left I care about so I am going to hype the Namekians up until I can't.
Naw it's not. Goku going blue doesn't mean he's at his level anyway. He just had to go beyond ssj3 post the training Goku did. there's really no issue here at all. 15 years..... 15 years of training of a molecularly enhanced cyborg with infinite ki. He would NEVER tire out. If you had no issue with how 17 being as powerful as he was in the original DB, then 15 years of that same individual with the characteristics listed training shouldn't bother you. DB characters don't even really do complicated workouts. They just do it in extreme conditions half the time.
Zamasu is the best DB villain besides Freeza (and this is only the case because the current Super arc elevated Freeza to be that good).

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:02 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:Gohan is a genius who somehow manages to make an ass out of himself every time he fights lol

Its like they tell us he is smart but we just have to take their word because he never shows it beyond basics anyone could point out.
Gohan is the inverse of Goku. Goku is book dumb but excels at combat strategy. Gohan is fairly intelligent academically but as a fighter he's pretty consistently shown to be lackluster, getting by on brute strength. The ki radar/shield against Lavender is one of the most clever things he's done.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:15 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:Gohan is the inverse of Goku. Goku is book dumb but excels at combat strategy. Gohan is fairly intelligent academically but as a fighter he's pretty consistently shown to be lackluster, getting by on brute strength. The ki radar/shield against Lavender is one of the most clever things he's done.
I probably never saw anyone point that about Gohan here and I agree. That's one of the things I dislike about his character, even after having trained most of his childhood with battle geniuses like Piccolo and Goku, we expected him to be a better fighter when grow-up. Couldn't his academic intelligence assist him in the fights too?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:37 pm

Noah wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:Gohan is the inverse of Goku. Goku is book dumb but excels at combat strategy. Gohan is fairly intelligent academically but as a fighter he's pretty consistently shown to be lackluster, getting by on brute strength. The ki radar/shield against Lavender is one of the most clever things he's done.
I probably never saw anyone point that about Gohan here and I agree. That's one of the things I dislike about his character, even after having trained most of his childhood with battle geniuses like Piccolo and Goku, we expected him to be a better fighter when grow-up. Couldn't his academic intelligence assist him in the fights too?
How?As far as we know whatever he studies has nothing to do with fighting,its not like Bulma being clever means she would be a smart fighter.
In universe reason,because he is a bad fighter,him still being so bad after being trained by both Goku and Piccolo is an accomplishment itself as you said.

Out of universe:If we are being honest,him being a bad fighter is what stopping him from being 'perfect'.
He gets his power handed to him in a silver platter,even freeza's 4 month of intense training has more effort put to it than what training Gohan has done post Cell saga.
He also gets uneeded praise a lot of time for doing nothing impressive.
Obuni was impressed and he could tell Gohan was a great fighter by seeing him fighting Botamo for some reason.
The Yadrat destroyed Gohan twice but for some reason the Yadrat could tell Gohan has talent/potential as a warrior.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Whatever wrote:
Noah wrote:
How?As far as we know whatever he studies has nothing to do with fighting,its not like Bulma being clever means she would be a smart fighter.
In universe reason,because he is a bad fighter,him still being so bad after being trained by both Goku and Piccolo is an accomplishment itself as you said.

Out of universe:If we are being honest,him being a bad fighter is what stopping him from being 'perfect'.
He gets his power handed to him in a silver platter,even freeza's 4 month of intense training has more effort put to it than what training Gohan has done post Cell saga.
He also gets uneeded praise a lot of time for doing nothing impressive.
Obuni was impressed and he could tell Gohan was a great fighter by seeing him fighting Botamo for some reason.
The Yadrat destroyed Gohan twice but for some reason the Yadrat could tell Gohan has talent/potential as a warrior.
I hate it when Toei do they as we any sensible Dragon Ball fan can see right through this nonsense. They are just trying to be force something on everyone and it is failing.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:44 pm

Noah wrote:
It could, but if Gohan doesn't have the drive for it or apply himself regularly it's not going to do him much good. Gohan slacks off and doesn't train when there's not a pressing threat so he's probably never going to have edge Goku and Piccolo have honed from years of fighting and constant training. It's not who he is. It's fortunate he has his "great potential" gimmick so he can catch up when the plot needs him to.
namekiansaiyan wrote: I hate it when Toei do they as we any sensible Dragon Ball fan can see right through this nonsense. They are just trying to be force something on everyone and it is failing.
Toriyama does it too. Gohan got talked up through the Cell and Buu sagas and got outwitted by both of them when the advantage was all his.
Last edited by BlueBasilisk on Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:46 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Noah wrote:
It could, but if Gohan doesn't have the drive for it or apply himself regularly it's not going to do him much good. Gohan slacks off and doesn't train when there's not a pressing threat so he's probably never going to have edge Goku and Piccolo have honed from years of fighting and constant training. It's not who he is. It's fortunate he has his "great potential" gimmick so he can catch up when the plot needs him to.
Toiryama cpuld just make up new ways for characters to become strong so the characters who actually like fighting and training, get rewarded.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:38 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:Gohan is a genius who somehow manages to make an ass out of himself every time he fights lol

Its like they tell us he is smart but we just have to take their word because he never shows it beyond basics anyone could point out.
Gohan is the inverse of Goku. Goku is book dumb but excels at combat strategy. Gohan is fairly intelligent academically but as a fighter he's pretty consistently shown to be lackluster, getting by on brute strength. The ki radar/shield against Lavender is one of the most clever things he's done.
Yeah, the problem is really that we dont see enough of his normal life for it to come through or feel like it matters.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

ssjprodigy
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssjprodigy » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:45 pm

I get Gohan's not having as much fighting skill as Goku and Vegeta, but for him to still be in the tournament when characters like hit are out needs to be commended. The point of this is not how many fighters you can take out it is how long you can stay on the stadium and not get knocked out. Also this doesn't really affect his character cause being , being so he is one of the most developed characters in the DBZ Anime series just like regular Humans (Hybrid in his case) he makes mistakes anyone can make and he never has done anything in my knowledge out of character in Super, the dude is in his early 20s while Vegeta and Goku are in there 40s and 50s the dude has his whole life to learn more or grow stronger it is his choice and we shouldn't negatively criticize him for it.
Last edited by ssjprodigy on Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:47 pm

ssjprodigy wrote:I get Gohan's not having as much fighting skill as Goku and Vegeta, but for him to still be in the tournament when characters like hit are out needs to be commended. The point of this is not how many fighters you can take out it is how long you can stay on the stadium and not get knocked out. Also this doesn't really affect his character cause being ,so he is one of the most developed characters in the DBZ Anime series just like regular Humans (Hybrid in his case) he makes mistakes anyone can make and he never has never has done anything in my knowledge out of character, the dude is in his early 20s while Vegeta and Goku are in there 40s and 50s the dude has his whole life to learn more or grow stronger it is his choice and we shouldn't negatively criticize him for it.
If a character doesn't make the top 5 they will be mocked by fans which is ridiculous.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:51 pm

Nero<>Akira wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Nero<>Akira wrote:17 trained for like 15 years and is a cyborg enhanced on the molecular level with infinite energy and was just a normal boy that was able to become more powerful than anyone (besides 16) by the time he was awakened by Doctor Gero (his creator). There's no way I will have a problem with it. Besides, Goku wasn't even going all out. he had to go blue cause 17 is obviously stronger than ssj3. doesn't mean Goku can't stomp him.
It is still stupid and the only reason he got this power up was because he was off screen if he wasn't he would be just like 18.
omaro34 wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: namekiansaiyan, I love your passion.
I am getting ready for the Namekian fight even though it is slightly ruined with that nerd tagging along.

Sorry but the girls are here to stay. They are getting too much attention and wouldnt be surprised if they get to reach the Final 10-15.

These Saiyans are going very soon and you know that really.

The three Namekians, Toppo and Jiren are the only characters left I care about so I am going to hype the Namekians up until I can't.
Naw it's not. Goku going blue doesn't mean he's at his level anyway. He just had to go beyond ssj3 post the training Goku did. there's really no issue here at all. 15 years..... 15 years of training of a molecularly enhanced cyborg with infinite ki. He would NEVER tire out. If you had no issue with how 17 being as powerful as he was in the original DB, then 15 years of that same individual with the characteristics listed training shouldn't bother you. DB characters don't even really do complicated workouts. They just do it in extreme conditions half the time.
considering goku had Ssjg yet didn't bother to bring out pretty much says 17 is around that level

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:55 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
ssjprodigy wrote:I get Gohan's not having as much fighting skill as Goku and Vegeta, but for him to still be in the tournament when characters like hit are out needs to be commended. The point of this is not how many fighters you can take out it is how long you can stay on the stadium and not get knocked out. Also this doesn't really affect his character cause being ,so he is one of the most developed characters in the DBZ Anime series just like regular Humans (Hybrid in his case) he makes mistakes anyone can make and he never has never has done anything in my knowledge out of character, the dude is in his early 20s while Vegeta and Goku are in there 40s and 50s the dude has his whole life to learn more or grow stronger it is his choice and we shouldn't negatively criticize him for it.
If a character doesn't make the top 5 they will be mocked by fans which is ridiculous.
You are right that is ridiculous

ssjprodigy
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssjprodigy » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:58 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Not Exactly Master Roshi has done his part and received a fair amount of praise in the fandom, we did not really expect Roshi to be last because he is one of the weaker characters but made it up due to the fact he eliminated a good amount of people but compared to Hit who was expected to be the last ones but not knock out a lot of characters, but in the end accomplished neither and his team is suffering for it, and the most discouraging was Krillin who is supposed to have surpassed Roshi in fighting skill and power but got knocked out earlier than him for letting his guard down

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:08 pm

It's not like Gohan has been offered too many opportunities to demonstrate what he can do when the power levels are evened out. In the original manga, the vast majority of his battles were lopsided either for or against him. The only ones that weren't are Saiyan arc Vegeta (exhausted and while Gohan was enraged), Krillin (mental training in which Krillin was apparently overwhelmed by Gohan, an accomplishment that he commended the young boy for), and Dabura. Two out of three of those portrayed him in an impressive light while the third was blatantly pointed out as being a poor representation of what Gohan can accomplish when he applies himself.

If you want to analyse styles of living as a barometer for experience then Yamcha should arguably be better than Krillin and comparable to Tenshinhan since he was getting out in the world to encounter various people in the desert to rob them when he was just 14; having already honed his martial arts skills on his own while possessing knowledge of worldly combat styles and various weapons armaments. Piccolo, barring residual memory from Daimao, has done little else beyond fight weaker characters and duel Goku to near death prior to Gohan's birth. I'm not sure if that could really constitute as an ample amount of on-hands experience from him. Vegeta doesn't have much room to boast either when his rival for the longest time during his PTO days was Cui of all people.

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:23 pm

While I want the Best Showing and Development for the Namekins of U6 as well, I Totally agree about the Girls Caulifla and Kale, They are Here to Stay, now and for the foreseeable future!

Indeed too, look at Who the most Promotions have Gone ~~~ Caulifla, Kale, Toppo, Jiren, Ribrianne ~~~ That is where you will find likely who will go furthest in this arc and mostly likely be in the next arc as well.

I also believe allot that Caulifla and Kale will be in the Final 10, Kale most likley cause of what she can do and it capable of, but Caulifla I am hoping for some surprises. They need to pick up their game, but them, Cabba and the U6 Namekins are all that stand now for U6 form being Gone.

But indeed the girls Caulifla and Kale have really grown on me!
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:09 pm

Toppo is basically a lock for the Final 10, maybe Brianne too because Toei seems to have plans for her, otherwise why keep her in the ToP?

As for Caulifla and Kale goes, depends if they get to survive Goku.

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:19 pm

perucho1990 wrote:Toppo is basically a lock for the Final 10, maybe Brianne too because Toei seems to have plans for her, otherwise why keep her in the ToP?

As for Caulifla and Kale goes, depends if they get to survive Goku.
I think many of these new characters Toei has some big plans for, the whole of the ToP just seems like one big intro to all these new characters. Toei is doing a good amount of work promoting all of them that you mentioned, including Jiren and since they are all in technique term all Good Guys, they have the ability to go forward from this arc.

I have been saying for awhile, look at the marketing and you will know who will be big or likely to be.

EDIT: Also, many of these Stories are not close to being done, we have to realize they are still being told and we cannot conclude this is all they are, Ribrianne, Kale, Caulifla, Toppo, Jiren just up to this point. Their stories are still being defined, this is their arc that is still defining who they are, we have still much to learn and we need to realize that as fans we don't have the final ideal on any of them yet.
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:10 am

ssjprodigy wrote:I get Gohan's not having as much fighting skill as Goku and Vegeta, but for him to still be in the tournament when characters like hit are out needs to be commended. The point of this is not how many fighters you can take out it is how long you can stay on the stadium and not get knocked out. Also this doesn't really affect his character cause being , being so he is one of the most developed characters in the DBZ Anime series just like regular Humans (Hybrid in his case) he makes mistakes anyone can make and he never has done anything in my knowledge out of character in Super, the dude is in his early 20s while Vegeta and Goku are in there 40s and 50s the dude has his whole life to learn more or grow stronger it is his choice and we shouldn't negatively criticize him for it.
Not really. Hit went up against the strongest person in the tournament, while Gohan hangs out with Piccolo and takes out people way below his weight class, and even struggled with some of them.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:16 am

Made this post in another thread, but wanted to bring the discussion to a wider audience;

Been talking with a friend, it's entirely possible that the new super warrior is Zalama

With only five competitors remaining for Universe 6, and Pirina and Saoneru are currently engaging in battle with Piccolo and Gohan and will likely be eliminated by Universe 7

With Cabba, Caulifla, and Kale also getting focus in the next few weeks - along with the title of Episode 113 - leads me to believe that Universe 6 are going by 114

However, as per Master Zuno, the Super Dragon Ball's are housed in Universe 6 and 7. Just like we saw with Obuni's locket, if Universe 6 or 7 go, the Super Dragon Ball's should also go.

This could cause Zarama to descend amongst the chaos of three or four of the Super Dragon Ball's being erased (not all of them, because plot reasons)

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:50 am

shadowmaria wrote:Made this post in another thread, but wanted to bring the discussion to a wider audience;

Been talking with a friend, it's entirely possible that the new super warrior is Zalama

With only five competitors remaining for Universe 6, and Pirina and Saoneru are currently engaging in battle with Piccolo and Gohan and will likely be eliminated by Universe 7

With Cabba, Caulifla, and Kale also getting focus in the next few weeks - along with the title of Episode 113 - leads me to believe that Universe 6 are going by 114

However, as per Master Zuno, the Super Dragon Ball's are housed in Universe 6 and 7. Just like we saw with Obuni's locket, if Universe 6 or 7 go, the Super Dragon Ball's should also go.

This could cause Zarama to descend amongst the chaos of three or four of the Super Dragon Ball's being erased (not all of them, because plot reasons)
It's an interesting theory and I do think Zarama will make an appearance at some point, but I don't know if it will be for this reason. If I recall correctly, it's not the universe itself that gets erased but the living beings inside of it. I think Whis looked at U9 after they got erased and noted that it was 'empty'. That could mean that the Dragon Balls themselves remain unaffected.