"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:57 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:Gojiitaaf recently posted that there is confirmation TOP will last until November 2017
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Interesting, so this means we might get a new arc around January.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:03 pm

Assuming November is the end, that probably means December and probably early January will be filler stuff then we get a new arc. Sounds like quite a schedule has formed and things might get a bit more normal going on especially if new staff comes along.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:05 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:This seems to short to me. There will be hardly any big matches. There will be probably be a final episode with no fighting and the final fight will probably last 2 episodes. This would leave not much time.
It's hard to tell. Jiren can snap out and eliminate a lot of people in a episode.

I'm surprised Kale barely eliminated anyone when she went berserk, but I'm glad she didn't because it lets other characters shine.
Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:08 pm

Wait a minute where are you guys getting that it wil end in november? We dont even know what the picture say or it even translated

Arg
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arg » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:10 pm

A must watch for anyone who feels the tournament is not living up to an all round battle royale vibe.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:10 pm

Alruneia wrote:Looking at that "confirmation" picture... I really can't see where it says it'll end in November. The arrow at the very bottom (labelled TV) reaches the end of November, the end of the graph, before stopping along with every other active arrow at that point. That certainly suggests to me that it'll keep going beyond November. I'm seeing several posts saying it'll end then, so I just thought I'd comment on that.
Agree anyways why not someone show it to herms to get it translates to be sure.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:12 pm

pacz360 wrote:Wait a minute where are you guys getting that it wil end in november? We dont even know what the picture say or it even translated
Gojiitaaf has a scan and says it will end in November but Herms says the bit about the tv show is cut off the image so we don't really know.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:12 pm

precita wrote:Next arc after the tournament better skip ahead to EOZ already. I get the feeling we're nearly there, and we'll likely see Trunks, Goten and Uub in the next tournament instead of Roshi/Tenshinhan/Freeza.
I don't believe you will see Goten or Trunks in the next arc, that is not going to happen. Roshi and Tenshinhan wil remain and apparently Frieza will become a Z fighter.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:16 pm

Arg wrote:
A must watch for anyone who feels the tournament is not living up to an all round battle royale vibe.
Those videos are great, but they're edited a lot and there's a lot of freedom taken with the placing of the scenes. It's in no way relevant to how the show is actually handling things.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:18 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:
precita wrote:Next arc after the tournament better skip ahead to EOZ already. I get the feeling we're nearly there, and we'll likely see Trunks, Goten and Uub in the next tournament instead of Roshi/Tenshinhan/Freeza.
I don't believe you will see Goten or Trunks in the next arc, that is not going to happen. Roshi and Tenshinhan wil remain and apparently Frieza will become a Z fighter.
They can't not move onto EOZ eventually. Trunks and Goten will almost certainly be main fighters once they're adults.

I don't see Roshi/Tenshinhan used after this, and Freeza is probably either going to go rogue and become a big villain or die/erased forever.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:20 pm

It seems like the tournament is roughly the same length as tournaments from the original Dragon Ball. I don't have any issues with this amount provided the fights are at least of decent quality. Nothing has stood out all too much except for one or two battles sadly. Toei still has time but it would be nice if we could look upon the entirety of this tournament with satisfactory fondness and not just parts.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:22 pm

So is actually confirmed that the tournament will end in November? Or is this just another one of those rumors based off of an unspecified and untranslated Japanese image?

Because if it is ending in November, I feel as though that would be a good place to end the arc, given that would mean the tournament would last about 13 more episodes. I thought for certain they would milk the shit out of this tournament, but it seems they are not to drag this tournament out to 30-40 episodes like I originally thought.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:26 pm

precita wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:
They can't not move onto EOZ eventually. Trunks and Goten will almost certainly be main fighters once they're adults.

I don't see Roshi/Tenshinhan used after this, and Freeza is probably either going to go rogue and become a big villain or die/erased forever.
Present Goten and Present Trunks are two lazy bums, they don't care about fighting, therefore, they won't use them. Besides the team would end up in a GT type team, a formula that doesn´t work.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:28 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:
precita wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote: I don't believe you will see Goten or Trunks in the next arc, that is not going to happen. Roshi and Tenshinhan wil remain and apparently Frieza will become a Z fighter.

Present Goten and PresentTrunks are two lazy bums, they don't care about fighting, therefore, they won't use them. Besides the team would end up in a GT type team, a formula that doesn´t work.
They were fighters in EOZ, it's pretty obvious Toei is not going to use them till they're older. Trunks will be back in his popular adult form again and Goten will almost definitely be used in a similar support manner as the humans now.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:29 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
pacz360 wrote:Wait a minute where are you guys getting that it wil end in november? We dont even know what the picture say or it even translated
Gojiitaaf has a scan and says it will end in November but Herms says the bit about the tv show is cut off the image so we don't really know.
I checked on herms twitter and he said nothing about it yet.
Honestly feel like december is where it really ends instead of November tho I wouldn't be surprise if it does end in November

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:29 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:So is actually confirmed that the tournament will end in November? Or is this just another one of those rumors based off of an unspecified and untranslated Japanese image?

Because if it is ending in November, I feel as though that would be a good place to end the arc, given that would mean the tournament would last about 13 more episodes. I thought for certain they would milk the shit out of this tournament, but it seems they are not to drag this tournament out to 30-40 episodes like I originally thought.
Kinda unconfirmed right now better wait for herms

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:36 pm

precita wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:
precita wrote:

Present Goten and PresentTrunks are two lazy bums, they don't care about fighting, therefore, they won't use them. Besides the team would end up in a GT type team, a formula that doesn´t work.
They were fighters in EOZ, it's pretty obvious Toei is not going to use them till they're older. Trunks will be back in his popular adult form again and Goten will almost definitely be used in a similar support manner as the humans now.
They weren't fighters. Trunks was more of business man and Goten was busy with girls, they didn't even wanted to go to the tournament. They were literally forced by their parents.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:36 pm

What do you all think the next arc will be about ? a new villain from u7, someone form another universe, Freeza as the villain, something revolving around the angels ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:37 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:
precita wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote: Present Goten and PresentTrunks are two lazy bums, they don't care about fighting, therefore, they won't use them. Besides the team would end up in a GT type team, a formula that doesn´t work.
They weren't fighters. Trunks was more of business man and Goten was busy with girls, they didn't even wanted to go to the tournament. They were literally forced by their parents.
Trunks and Goten will be fighters the same way Gohan is. Of course all the main characters have lives outside of training/fighting. This isn't Goku and Vegeta.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:40 pm

sintzu wrote:What do you all think the next arc will be about ? a new villain from u7, someone form another universe, Freeza as the villain, something revolving around the angels ?
Here are the things that come to mind;
A new villain from one of the 4 Universes not in the tournment
The Demon Realm
Something related to the 6 Universes that Zeno destroyed previously.