"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

pacz360
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by pacz360 » Tue May 02, 2017 4:49 pm

precita wrote:Gohan won't be at blue level anyway. 17 isn't either.

Goku is holding back.
17 outright forced goku to use blue despite the latter having no intentions to use it not to mention despite both holding back goku confirms he would be a terrifying if he were an enemy no point saying that if he weren't somewhere blue level
Gohan is getting massive hype and piccolo said last episode he can get stronger so him being ssjb level isn't stupid let alone impossible given the nature of super.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue May 02, 2017 4:53 pm

kinisking wrote:Where are people getting 6 hours ? Gohan trains over 24 hours with Piccolo.
And prior to that, Gohan had been training continuously with Piccolo off screen since the end of the Resurrection F arc.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue May 02, 2017 5:03 pm

Simere wrote:People keep saying it, is there something I missed that says it will be a tag team match?
Witness the father-son showdown! In “Dragon Ball Super”, after finishing his training, Gohan challenges Gokuu!
Title: Facing the Wall that Must be Overcome! Gokuu VS Gohan
Gohan & Piccolo VS Gokuu and Tenshinhan?!
Through his training with Piccolo, Gohan came to realize that the one he must surpass is his father Gokuu. So he teams up with Piccolo and they take on the duo of Gokuu and Tenshinhan! Facing Gohan, who having finished his training has now obtained unprecedented power, Gokuu will…?!
Gohan, surpass your father!!
The method Piccolo pointed out is?!
Through Piccolo’s training, both Gohan’s power and will were strengthened!
Watch out for Tenshinhan, who fights using peculiar attacks!
His allies are shocked at the change in Gohan!
Gokuu this week: Seeing his son’s growth?!
Gokuu is surprised at how Gohan has changed, and cannot hide how elated he is that another powerful ally has appeared. After the team battle, he challenges Gohan to a one on one fight?!

So looks like everyone who's been craving Gohan relevance can be happy that he's having a big "change" (I specifically did NOT choose to translate this as "transformation", because though that could indeed fit, I don't want people to think that there's some new form on display :P They're probably talking about him being Ultimate, I would suspect).

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Tue May 02, 2017 5:05 pm

kinisking wrote:Where are people getting 6 hours ? Gohan trains over 24 hours with Piccolo.
To just get back to his previous, still relatively weak level. From there they only had 9 hours left.
tag team
NORTH AMERICAN
informal
a pair of people working together.
Oh, okay. I was thinking actual tag team.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue May 02, 2017 5:11 pm

I wonder if people will complain when Tenshihan is shown on par with Piccolo or can deflect attacks from Gohan.

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Tue May 02, 2017 5:21 pm

precita wrote:I wonder if people will complain when Tenshihan is shown on par with Piccolo or can deflect attacks from Gohan.
Of course they would. Did you not see the outrages when SSJB Goku fought 17 and Krillin?

Beyond
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Beyond » Tue May 02, 2017 5:32 pm

By the end of this arc all the power level fans will be forced to see the truth if they somehow haven't all ready.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Tue May 02, 2017 5:47 pm

Beyond wrote:By the end of this arc all the power level fans will be forced to see the truth if they somehow haven't all ready.
I definitely prefer if the lower levels are consistent, but when we have all these characters being relevant I care much less about them.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue May 02, 2017 5:48 pm

Freeza9000 wrote:
precita wrote:I wonder if people will complain when Tenshihan is shown on par with Piccolo or can deflect attacks from Gohan.
Of course they would. Did you not see the outrages when SSJB Goku fought 17 and Krillin?
If all 4 of them are on an even level, I would be 100% ok with it.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Tue May 02, 2017 5:58 pm

perucho1990 wrote:I dont understand the complain of Gohan about to reach Blue level when Vegeta himself said that Gohan the biggest potential among the Z-fighters(of course including Goku and Vegeta) which happened way back in pre FnF.
The main problem is that Elder Kai said that he draw all Gohan potential so he final state should be ''Mystic'' that was stronger than Super Boo but weaker than its later absorptions and Vegetto. I'm not saying that Gohan is incapable to train and get even stronger as "Mystic", but the excuse "he has more potential to be unlocked" is kinda lame
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Nekis13
Regular

Post by Nekis13 » Tue May 02, 2017 6:03 pm

And besides, he just got his Ultimate form back, that's what gave him the boost.
stay edgy

DeviantArt Thing: Drawings and stuff, also Dragon Ball

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue May 02, 2017 6:22 pm

HeroR wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
MajinMan wrote:I actually like the minimal screentime Vegeta is getting in this arc. The show is giving more spotlight to other side characters, and it's been great. They're really trying to tell the fans that it won't be just the Goku and Vegeta show this time. Focusing too much on Vegeta and Goku was starting to get boring honestly, so this is a nice change.
Completely agree. I wouldn't mind if Vegeta jobs this time either
You mean like always?
More or less.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Tue May 02, 2017 6:39 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
The main problem is that Elder Kai said that he draw all Gohan potential so he final state should be ''Mystic'' that was stronger than Super Boo but weaker than its later absorptions and Vegetto. I'm not saying that Gohan is incapable to train and get even stronger as "Mystic", but the excuse "he has more potential to be unlocked" is kinda lame
Old Kaioshin released all of Gohan "physical potential".

Sorry if I'm repeating this but for Vegeta in order to reach God-tier level he had mental training(Whis told him he needed to relax and calm his mind), so for Gohan it would be likely him losing his arrogance that could help him reach Blue level :think:

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Tue May 02, 2017 6:52 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:I dont understand the complain of Gohan about to reach Blue level when Vegeta himself said that Gohan the biggest potential among the Z-fighters(of course including Goku and Vegeta) which happened way back in pre FnF.
It's repetitive, but that scene itself had Goku pointing out that many people can unlock potential and it's not an unique ability, which made Kaioshin claim that he's special because he can take them beyond their limits (the same thing was said about the Majin seal in the same saga though...).

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Tue May 02, 2017 8:18 pm

I've always interpreted ultimate as unlocking everything he'd have if he rage boosted to the max. His ultimate form was actually his own power at the time, but he just couldn't bring it all out (probably because he doesn't like hurting people so he was subconsciously holding himself back.)
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue May 02, 2017 10:00 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: More or less.
Honestly, with the way they're building Gohan, I wouldn't be surprised if he was the one to job. As much as I enjoy seeing Vegeta get grind into dust, it would be more impactful to see Gohan get his shit kick in after he did a major raise to power. That's basically what happened to him during the Buu Saga.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Tue May 02, 2017 10:02 pm

HeroR wrote:
Honestly, with the way they're building Gohan, I wouldn't be surprised if he was the one to job. As much as I enjoy seeing Vegeta get grind into dust, it would be more impactful to see Gohan get his shit kick in after he did a major raise to power. That's basically what happened to him during the Buu Saga.
Well that's the thing I'm really up in the air with this. On one hand, he's getting so much hype and very well could end up being the MVP or even the hero of the saga. At the same time, last time he received massive hype he ended up getting absorbed. It's really up in the air for me in regards to Gohan.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Tue May 02, 2017 10:02 pm

HeroR wrote:
Or he's being setup to battle Toppo in the ToP?

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Tue May 02, 2017 10:36 pm

TheMathemagician wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Well that's the thing I'm really up in the air with this. On one hand, he's getting so much hype and very well could end up being the MVP or even the hero of the saga. At the same time, last time he received massive hype he ended up getting absorbed. It's really up in the air for me in regards to Gohan.
Yup, we'll see with Gohan. Even if he jobs in the end, he'll do well though.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Tue May 02, 2017 10:43 pm

TheMathemagician wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Yup, we'll see with Gohan. Even if he jobs in the end, he'll do well though.