"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lapislettuce
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Lapislettuce » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:11 pm

Eventhough 17 isn't cming till episode 86,i'm pretty excited for episode 84 ! just to see how he's going to be mentioned.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:11 pm

kinisking wrote:I think it's an in between. He'll look better in motion .
Why is he so small ? he looks like Goten with a bigger head. Not Z Goten, Super's Goten.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:18 pm

So if it's not a case of the writers not communicating, then who's out of the loop?

Or is the summary itself mistaken?

I can't think of a good reason to back pedal on Krillin's development when they very recently dedicated two episodes to it.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:25 pm

pacz360 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I get the feeling the writers aren't as in contact with each other as they should be.

The first set of Krillin episodes the other month was by Tomioka. This one is King Ryû.
I doubt it. Tomioka reference Copy Vegeta and he had nothing to do with these episode. Seriously, fan have this strange idea that Super writers don't talk to each other. Despite the script being written months ahead of time.
Exactly
Yeah agreed guys, can people wait for the goddamn episode to come out first?

And of course Toei remembers it they menitoned in the very first episode of this arc.

Why are people so goddamn Impatient? :lol:

Goku even said that he shouldn't be making fun of Krillin right in the first episode of this arc. and Copy Vegeta was brought up when Vegeta first attacked Black.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:26 pm

Chuquita wrote:So if it's not a case of the writers not communicating, then who's out of the loop?

I can't think of a good reason to back pedal on Krillin's development when they very recently dedicated two episodes to it.
It was either a conscious decision by Series Director Nagamine Tatsuya & Series Director Nakamura Ryouta or they were unaware of those episodes when they joined the series due to the terrible production schedule (starting with Episode #77). It's also likely that they were just considered unnecessary for the context of their series.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:27 pm

Chuquita wrote:So if it's not a case of the writers not communicating, then who's out of the loop?

Krillin wants to get stronger thus leading into him doing martial arts again.... the next day reality kicks in and smacks him in the face "What can you gain from this? you'll just die again to trigger another form for Goku... there's nothing in it for you" leading to him quitting martial arts again.
Conclusion, Krillin only went back into martial arts for 1 day.
EP 83 will have a flashback of that.
Krillin: I dont do martial arts anymore man.
Goku: But didnt you just say you wanted to become strong? for Marron?
Krillin: That was the old me
Goku: That was just a couple of fillers back then....
Krillin: Its a new day yes it is.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:27 pm

We have to wait for the episode next week we're just going on a preview it isn't going give us all the details and they didn't forget it.

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:34 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
Totamo wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote: He did, he literally said "Goku, I want to become strong like you, I'll become a martial artist again, for me... no.. for Marron I suppose" unless he thinks jackshit about what he said back then and didnt care for Marron anymore to look cool infront of his kid.
I actually watched that episode a couple of times and he never said he become a martial artist again . He shaved his head and offered to spar with Goku but thats it. He even said at the beginning I'm not becoming a martial artist again, but I do want to get stronger for my kid and my wife.
Rewatch it again, around the time Goku and Krillin were flying back to Roshi's place, he literally said "Ore, mata budokan yaruyo" "I'll do martial arts again"
He said he will get stronger for his family but he said he wasn't returning. I watched it fully. The last thing Krillin said in that episode 76 was no super saiyan.

Anyway, it was filler.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:38 pm

Totamo wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:
Totamo wrote: I actually watched that episode a couple of times and he never said he become a martial artist again . He shaved his head and offered to spar with Goku but thats it. He even said at the beginning I'm not becoming a martial artist again, but I do want to get stronger for my kid and my wife.
Rewatch it again, around the time Goku and Krillin were flying back to Roshi's place, he literally said "Ore, mata budokan yaruyo" "I'll do martial arts again"
He said he will get stronger for his family but he said he wasn't returning. I watched it fully. The last thing Krillin said in that episode 76 was no super saiyan.

Anyway, it was filler.
Which is canon to the anime.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:41 pm

Totamo wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:
Totamo wrote: I actually watched that episode a couple of times and he never said he become a martial artist again . He shaved his head and offered to spar with Goku but thats it. He even said at the beginning I'm not becoming a martial artist again, but I do want to get stronger for my kid and my wife.

Anyway, it was filler.
What the? he literally says it on the way back to the kame house.... what have you been watching? I repeat, he literally says "Ore mata budokan yaruyo" that literally translates to "I'll do martial arts again".
I am being very literal here if you're not noticing.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:42 pm

Kagari wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:See even Gohan is more relevant than Vegeta in this arc.
Father/son dynamic was really missed in Super.
What?! Vegeta and Future Trunks literally had an entire saga together!

Oh you mean Goku and Gohan, oh well Gohan doesn't fight anymore and has a family and job now.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:43 pm

JulieYBM wrote:

It was either a conscious decision by Series Director Nagamine Tatsuya & Series Director Nakamura Ryouta or they were unaware of those episodes when they joined the series due to the terrible production schedule (starting with Episode #77). It's also likely that they were just considered unnecessary for the context of their series.
That makes sense. If it was someone that high up that hasn't been informed, nobody's going to correct them on it because office culture.

At least we get more Mayumi Tanaka out of this? *Tries to be optimistic.*
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:47 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
Totamo wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote: Rewatch it again, around the time Goku and Krillin were flying back to Roshi's place, he literally said "Ore, mata budokan yaruyo" "I'll do martial arts again"

Anyway, it was filler.
What the? he literally says it on the way back to the kame house.... what have you been watching? I repeat, he literally says "Ore mata budokan yaruyo" that literally translates to "I'll do martial arts again".
I am being very literal here if you're not noticing.
Wait you are right. He said he was going to be a martial artist again for his kid. My bed.

Yeah, but like I said it isn't part of these arcs so, its filler.

Psykomatik
Regular

Post by Psykomatik » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:48 pm

JulieYBM wrote:

Well, Nakamura Ryota storyboarded episode 74, which is the beginning of Krilin's return to martial arts, So...

Psykomatik
Regular

Post by Psykomatik » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:49 pm

(I meant episode 75, but I can't edit)

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:55 pm

Jesus people can you wait for next week's episode instead of jumping the gun as usual we're going by a preview which isn't going to give everything plus stop saying toei forgot considring they reference it in the first episode of this arc. :roll:

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:03 pm

The official video of the new ending has been released on Youtube:
[spoiler]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1ahiGLoUM0[/spoiler]
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:07 pm

YonedgeHP wrote:The official video of the new ending has been released on Youtube:

It's blocked outside of Japan, unfortunately.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:08 pm

Chuquita wrote:
YonedgeHP wrote:The official video of the new ending has been released on Youtube:

It's blocked outside of Japan, unfortunately.
It may be blocked in the United States, here in Latin America you can see it perfectly.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:09 pm

This is for Dragonball?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017