"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by Noah » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:46 pm

Bonus Stage wrote:Nakamura: "Vegeta is very important in Dragon Ball, but never surpass Goku".
What a pathetic statement.

Anyway seeing these summaries about the NEPs seems a little bit rushed to me, maybe we won't see Freeza training after all...
Last edited by Noah on Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:48 pm

If the descriptions are accurate, I'm definitely sad it doesn't sound like we'll be seeing Goten, Trunks, 18, Boo, and Yamcha (and even Chaozu) joining in on the fight against the soldiers. For a movie it's a little more understandable, but when you've got that many different soldiers out there and in a series format, there's no reason not to at least give us a couple of shots of them taking down some people. What a waste. :/

Kind of amused and perplexed at the same time by Freeza seeming to have something against poor Kuririn there. :lol: Maybe something prompts his memory of the little guy slicing off his tail, or something? Still seems kind of odd though. You'd think he'd make the offer the same for Piccolo and Gohan, the other two (that are there at the time) that gave him trouble on Namek.
Last edited by Gyt Kaliba on Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:48 pm

So the summaries for the episode make it sound like it's following "F" quite closely then Ginyu. I can certainly understand Herms scepticism.

And yes no Goten and Trunks :D
Last edited by Baggie_Saiyan on Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:48 pm

Why do the writers hate Android 18?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:53 pm

precita wrote:Why do the writers hate Android 18?
Because unfortunately they don't like to have a woman with big relevance in the fights or in another major role
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:55 pm

Noah wrote:
Because unfortunately they don't like to have a woman with big relevance in the fights or in another major role
You think Japan would love female fighters, all the most popular anime in Japan nowadays stars female leads like Love Live, Idol Master, Precure, etc.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:55 pm

She had to battle important baby watching and kitchen duties. Truly what she should be doing instead of fighting when she is more powerful than Krillin, Tenshinhan, and Roshi combined. Krillin I'd love to stay, but Tenshinhan is boring, and Roshi just sucks as a character now a days. I'd rather Goten and Trunks as they'd have far more better potential interactions with Freeza, than Tenshinhan and Roshi who have nothing.
Noah wrote:
Well Vados is a woman, and she's seemingly the most powerful character in the series as of now.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

irreality
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by irreality » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:01 pm

Well, #18 got to fight in BoG instead of Krillin, for all the good anyone other than Goku did in that saga... :problem:

I'll give them a pass for now and hope they alternate in future sagas, but it is a very slim hope.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:10 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:I'd rather Goten and Trunks as they'd have far more better potential interactions with Freeza, than Tenshinhan and Roshi who have nothing.
Me too! I would like to see Freeza slaughter them both in his old fashioned way, but who I am kidding? Like something like that would happen in this more comedy than action series after all, not forgetting to mention the new anime standards for today.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:27 pm

Noah wrote:
Bonus Stage wrote:Nakamura: "Vegeta is very important in Dragon Ball, but never surpass Goku".
What a pathetic statement.
It makes sense cause Goku is the face of the franchise.

Take the Justice League for example, flash is a very important member of the team but he'll never surpass Superman or Batman.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:38 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:If the descriptions are accurate, I'm definitely sad it doesn't sound like we'll be seeing Goten, Trunks, 18, Boo, and Yamcha (and even Chaozu) joining in on the fight against the soldiers. For a movie it's a little more understandable, but when you've got that many different soldiers out there and in a series format, there's no reason not to at least give us a couple of shots of them taking down some people. What a waste. :/

Kind of amused and perplexed at the same time by Freeza seeming to have something against poor Kuririn there. :lol: Maybe something prompts his memory of the little guy slicing off his tail, or something? Still seems kind of odd though. You'd think he'd make the offer the same for Piccolo and Gohan, the other two (that are there at the time) that gave him trouble on Namek.
Well, Krillin is the reason Goku went Super Saiyan and defeated Frieza in the first place. Seeing him alive would piss me off too, since, if killing the guy made me lose the battle he could have at least stayed freakin dead.

Not that he should have. Krillin is awesome.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:47 pm

...Hmm. Didn't think of that. :lol: I dunno if I'd put quite that much faith in Toei (or even Toriyama, really) to spin it quite that way, but it'd be an interesting route for them to take as an explanation for why poor Kuririn is getting the brunt of the focus from him.
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:49 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:Well Vados is a woman, and she's seemingly the most powerful character in the series as of now.
Isn't that still Whis? She's just overestimating herself, judging by the manga, and Whis' reaction.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:50 pm

Freeza probably wants to kill Krillin to piss off Goku, he also probably hates Krillin because he was pretty much the reason Goku turned SSJ.
He will be pissed off when seeing Krillin is still alive. Maybe he was somewhat happy that even if Goku won, his best friend was dead so its understandable he would get mad when learning Krillin is still alive. Or maybe Krillin will fine Freeza so he gets mad LOL
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:53 pm

Xeogran wrote:Isn't that still Whis? She's just overestimating herself, judging by the manga, and Whis' reaction.
No. She says she's stronger and Whis interjects that it has been 1000 years and he doesn't think that's true anymore. Until that's proven though, her statement still holds.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Bonus Stage
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bonus Stage » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:54 pm

Herms wrote:and the man's name is "Yamamuro" rather than "Nakamura"
Freudian slip. xD

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:59 pm

emperior wrote:Or maybe Krillin will fine Freeza so he gets mad LOL
I would actually laugh pretty hard if we got an offhand remark about him wanting to give Freeza a ticket for double-parking his ship or something, akin to that one Kochikame crossover bit.
Twitter

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:01 pm

Man this is just disappointing reading this i really wished that buu,gotenks or 18 would be in this arc :|

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:35 pm

Herms wrote:Hopefully Misión Tokyo translates things better than Ramen Para Dos.

Well anyway, I translated those 19-22 episode summaries:
Episode 19: "Despair Once More! Revival of the Evil Emperor Freeza!"
Son Goku and Vegeta have begun training on the God of Destruction Beerus’ planet, striving each day with the harsh tasks Beerus’ teacher Whis gives them. At the same time out in space, the remnants of Freeza’s army (the evil emperor previously defeated by Goku) are having trouble with insurrections on the planets under their rule.

Episode 20: "A Warning From Jaco! Freeza and 1,000 Soldiers are Fast Approaching!"
Freeza is brought back to life through the power of the dragon balls. He immediately decides to spend four months training in order to get revenge on Goku. And so, several months later the Galactic Patrolman Jaco comes to Earth to visit Bulma, saying that he wants to meet the man who defeated Freeza.

Episode 21: “The Revenge Begins! The Freeza Army's Malice Strikes Gohan!"
Bulma learns from Jaco that the resurrected Freeza is bringing 1,000 soldiers and will attack in about one hour. She hurries to relay this information to Whis, but is unable to get in touch with him right away. And so five warriors on Earth (including Goku’s son Gohan, Piccolo, etc) face off against Freeza to protect Earth. The soldiers who attack the five are instructed by Freeza that whichever one kills Kuririn will receive whichever planet they like as a reward.

Episode 22: Undecided
Having been reborn as the mightiest of warriors after serving as Freeza’s training partner, Tagoma of the Freeza Army mercilessly attacks Gohan and the others. And then Tagoma changes bodies with Ginyu (previously captain of the Freeza Army's mightiest unit, who became stuck in the form of a frog due to his special ability), achieving an even further power-up.
Part of me still believes this "Ginyu" thing is going to turn out to be bogus, but the image seems real...though I'm no Photoshop expert or anything. Hmm...
I'm relieved there's at least some more"training with Whis" before we get underway with Freeza stuff. I really like training episodes (especially this Vegeta + Gokû classmates). Hope we we see some of Freeza's self training too.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:45 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Xeogran wrote:Isn't that still Whis? She's just overestimating herself, judging by the manga, and Whis' reaction.
No. She says she's stronger and Whis interjects that it has been 1000 years and he doesn't think that's true anymore. Until that's proven though, her statement still holds.
Whis hasn't been in a single fight yet and he's already getting dethroned.

I won't believe until it's proven as well :twisted: