"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by TheOne » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:57 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:If Frost betrays Frieza then Frieza will most likely take him out. Frost's luck is stretching pretty thin right now. It looks like Gohan might still be fighting Frieza going into 109, so I wouldn't be surprised if one of those two goes out either unless Jiren eliminates them both. I'd almost bet on Gohan if that comes to pass. It would strike a blow against team U7 during a pivotal moment and having to in-fight against one of their own members would leave the team at a serious disadvantage. Frieza tearing his own team apart from the inside would certainly count as terrible, wouldn't it? :D
namekiansaiyan wrote:Does anyone think the poster made a mistake with there being 32 fighters left at the start of episode 109 as the rest of the information seemed to describe episode 107.
It might have been deliberately misleading to cover up any upcoming surprises. There are still 33 fighters left right now iirc, but U6 and U7 don't have 8 each.
The poster also mentioned about Beerus talking about the numbers left on team Universe 4.

Frieza torturing Gohan will be 'terrible' to Goku and could make him transform.

I believe that not all 4 of Goku, Vegeta, Gohan and frieza will come out of the special still in.
I highly doubt that that'll have anything to do with Gokus transformation. If Goku didn't transform from rage when hearing about the killing of his family, why would he all of a sudden transform when he can just fly over and knock Frieza out?
How i predict the tournament will end:

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:00 am

perucho1990 wrote:I think Goku didnt even have 1 min of screentime in the last episode.

How cool would be if Cabba gets rescued by the Namekians and we get to see them showcase their strength vs Toppo.
Pretty cool unless piccolo has to fight them next, in which case it's hyper bad news for piccolo..

Looking forward to ultimate Gohan vs final form freeza, like we should have rightfully gotten in rof!
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:05 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:I think Goku didnt even have 1 min of screentime in the last episode.

How cool would be if Cabba gets rescued by the Namekians and we get to see them showcase their strength vs Toppo.
Pretty cool unless piccolo has to fight them next, in which case it's hyper bad news for piccolo..

Looking forward to ultimate Gohan vs final form freeza, like we should have rightfully gotten in rof!
Wait Gohan is attacking Freeza?Gohan betraying U7 confirmed,that traitor scumbag.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:10 am

Goku got about 10 seconds as we know he has to appear in every episode.

If would be good if the Namekians had an entrance like that but I still think it is a bit to early for them to appear. They need a cool entrance though.

Universe 6 could be in trouble since Toppo should destroy Cabba and with Kale and Caulifla too tired to do anything along with Frost betraying Universe 6 and probably getting knocked out by Frieza, Hit and the Namekians are going to have some work to do.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Gohan is doomed, he was beat up in the preview as well. I hope the reason why Piccolo is not in the preview is beacuse he finally ditched Gohan.

If Piccolo beats the Namekians then Piccolo will have at least 1 more fight after this one.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:12 am

namekiansaiyan wrote: Gohan is doomed, he was beat up in the preview as well. I hope the reason why Piccolo is not in the preview is beacuse he finally ditched Gohan.

If Piccolo beats the Namekians then Piccolo will have at least 1 more fight after this one.
Doomed or not, at least I get to see the match I was waiting for since forever, had to rely on fan takes for that ultimate vs final match up until now ( check it out if you haven't, it's done quite nicely )

Piccolo should beat at least one of them, that's why they should be nowhere near Toppo..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:21 am

Piccolo mightve been interecepted by someone like Goku got intercepted by Brianne when he attempted to help Roshi.

A Frost vs Piccolo fight wouldve made more sense tbh, Piccolo wanting payback for what Frost did to him in Episode 34.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:27 am

Or the Freeza fight take place in the later part of the episode and piccolo is ringed out early..
We don't see Piccolo or his reaction in the nep at all, and he isn't with Gohan..

The 8 members safeguard is gone now, so it's back to who is gonna be next

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:30 am

Ki Breaker wrote:Or the Freeza fight take place in the later part of the episode and piccolo is ringed out early..
We don't see Piccolo or his reaction in the nep at all, and he isn't with Gohan..

Not happening especially without meeting the u6 nameks first

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:32 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote: Gohan is doomed, he was beat up in the preview as well. I hope the reason why Piccolo is not in the preview is beacuse he finally ditched Gohan.

Doomed or not, at least I get to see the match I was waiting for since forever, had to rely on fan takes for that ultimate vs final match up until now ( check it out if you haven't, it's done quite nicely )

Piccolo should beat at least one of them, that's why they should be nowhere near Toppo..

You actually wanted to see Gohan vs Frieza?

I wouldn't be surprised if both Soanel and Pilina are stronger than Piccolo.
perucho1990 wrote:Piccolo mightve been interecepted by someone like Goku got intercepted by Brianne when he attempted to help Roshi.

A Frost vs Piccolo fight wouldve made more sense tbh, Piccolo wanting payback for what Frost did to him in Episode 34.
Piccolo vs Frost could still happen and something must keep Piccolo busy in the next episode.
pacz360 wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:Or the Freeza fight take place in the later part of the episode and piccolo is ringed out early..

That would have shown Piccolo for at least half second if he was doing anything important.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:37 am

pacz360 wrote:

He can meet them and get ringed out early, infact they might be the reason he is thrown out in the first place..

Or piccolo vs nameks is too obvious of a fight and that's the reason it doesn't happen at all..
namekiansaiyan wrote:
You actually wanted to see Gohan vs Frieza?

I wouldn't be surprised if both Soanel and Pilina are stronger than Piccolo.
Absolutely!
I had been waiting for Ultimate Gohan vs final form freeza for ages, all seemed lost until now..

Not individually, but as a team I totally see them being above Piccolo.. But not by a lot, as that would simply be a one sided beat down on piccolo and that's no good
Last edited by Ki Breaker on Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

supercat
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by supercat » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:41 am

perucho1990 wrote:Piccolo mightve been interecepted by someone like Goku got intercepted by Brianne when he attempted to help Roshi.

Piccolo probably doesn't even care about things like that. He's lost all his pride. He even smiles when a weakling like Tien saves him, when he should be upset he accepted help from the weakest member on the team.

Although I agree that Piccolo wanting to redeem himself against Frost would be great.
Last edited by supercat on Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:41 am

pacz360 wrote:

Why do you think that is certain?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:43 am

Kanassa wrote:Why do you think that is certain?
Piccolo vs. Saonel and Pirina would be boring. I'd much rather see him fight someone like Jimeze. :think:

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:45 am

Kanassa wrote:
pacz360 wrote:

Given they been hidden for so long I don't piccolo biting it without meeting them first
People are already screaming piccolo biting it next just they did with vegeta
Piccolo ain't biting it yet

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:46 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Piccolo vs. Saonel and Pirina would be boring. I'd much rather see him fight someone like Jimeze. :think:
How would it be boring we never saw namek Vs namek fight in this series and could be good depending if toei remembers what could they do

TheGreatSaiyaman
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGreatSaiyaman » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:51 am

Kanassa wrote:
TheGreatSaiyaman wrote:[spoiler]Gohan next ep, fighting Jimeze, Frost and Frieza, that's courage; no doubt, he'll hang in there and be saved at the end by someone, most likely Goku, who beats all of them in base :lol:[/spoiler]
How the scene will most likely go:
Frieza fires a death beam at Gohan
Gohan flinches, ready for it to hit
The beam is hit by a gust of wind that veers it off course, before bouncing off of different parts of the tournament stage (Death beams can do that now), whizzing past various fighters until it manages to go straight through Piccolo's back on the other side of the stage.
With the sad DBS music and someone of course, screaming Piccolo-san and the annoying slow-motion! :lol:

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:05 am

pacz360 wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
How would it be boring we never saw namek Vs namek fight in this series and could be good depending if toei remembers what could they do
Piccolo could face Jimeze but Piccolo vs Saonel and Pilina should happen at some point during this tournament.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:06 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:Piccolo could face Jimeze but Piccolo vs Saonel and Pilina should happen at some point during this tournament.
Why? What does this fight bring to the table aside from the fact that it would be Namekian vs. Namekian?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:23 am

pacz360 wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
pacz360 wrote: Not happening especially without meeting the u6 nameks first
Given they been hidden for so long I don't piccolo biting it without meeting them first
What does them being 'hidden' have to do with Piccolo having a certainty of facing them?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:29 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:Piccolo could face Jimeze but Piccolo vs Saonel and Pilina should happen at some point during this tournament.
Why? What does this fight bring to the table aside from the fact that it would be Namekian vs. Namekian?
Namekian lore which could give Piccolo a power boost in the future or just have a rivalry between them if the Saiyans can have it why not Namekians.
Kanassa wrote:
pacz360 wrote:
Kanassa wrote: Why do you think that is certain?
What does them being 'hidden' have to do with Piccolo having a certainty of facing them?
It doesn't mean he is facing them but do you actually think Piccolo is not going to interact with them especially as one looks exactly like he does.