"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:17 pm

So are people still in denial of super ending? The more yall deny it, the more it will hurt once its over.

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:19 am

RedHeat wrote:The English Toei account just tweet out Super is coming to end as well.

Are they ever going to explain why?
Isn't this enough confirmation that Super is ending, not on a hiatus? Where are people getting "hiatus" from? The DB series will continue on through movies, games, etc, but that doesn't mean it'll be under the Super brand. Seriously, what source does "hiatus" explicitly come from?
Kenneth La Torre wrote:So are people still in denial of super ending? The more yall deny it, the more it will hurt once its over.
My thoughts exactly. All good things must come to an end. There's a reason that's been a prevalent saying for so long.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:37 am

Dragon Ball Super is ending. That's okay. Just wait a year or two and a new series will definitely enter production. Don't look at the calendar and you won't notice how long it is until Christmas.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:41 am

JulieYBM wrote:Dragon Ball Super is ending. That's okay. Just wait a year or two and a new series will definitely enter production. Don't look at the calendar and you won't notice how long it is until Christmas.
I honestly would prefer it fpr it to take more time, i would love for a dragon ball series ro have great story telling and animation again. Super was lacking that quite a bit.

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:09 am

Feels over Reals.

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:20 am

You mean Trunks 2.0.
Maybe 17 sacrificing himself for Freeza like the2 chan leaks confirmed?

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:56 am

So Android 17 gets a final hurrah. It's amazing how he survived for this long, definitely the highlight of ToP for me.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:24 am

It looks like 17 will help Vegeta against Toppo.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:30 am

Hmm. Was the leaker on to something?

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:54 am

17 won't last much longer. Did 17 have the bomb removed from inside of him or was that only 18? I don't remember how Krillin phrased the wish.

darzap
Beyond Newbie

Post by darzap » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:08 am

precita wrote:17 won't last much longer. Did 17 have the bomb removed from inside of him or was that only 18? I don't remember how Krillin phrased the wish.
They'd better not go anywhere near the idea that an Android-saga bomb would hurt anybody, who's left in the tournament at this point.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:38 am

These were the leaks :

126 : Freezer is exhausted after the phenomenal power of God of Destruction Toppo. In this desperate situation, an explosion of anger invades Vegeta!

127 : Something strange is happening on Vegeta after receiving a powerful blow from Toppo. At this moment, C-17 turns its energy batteries into a bomb, but that has no effect. Freezer feels the loss of the one who never judged him, and fights with all he has against the God Toppo!

128 : Jiren's wish is revealed to all those attending the Tournament. The Gods are speechless, but Goku does not give up and activates the Ultra Instinct again. But this time, something is different ...?

129 : With only one minute remaining, Universe 7 is petrified by fate, with Goku and Vegeta completely exhausted. While Beerus is short of ideas, he talks to Shin

130 : It's the race against time! Goku and Vegeta merged into Vegetto, but Jiren's power continues to increase dramatically, when suddenly ...

131 : Some time has passed since the Tournament of Power. Goku trains with Goten, and then he learns that an interesting person has just registered for a tournament ...

It looks like 127 was true so if we can assume the others are as well then we're in for an amazing ending. We'll get Vegetto back and possibly go beyond EOZ when Super or a new show airs next year, maybe even in the next movie. It looks like 17 might die which will be another hit to GT being canon and we seem to be getting a Vegeta and Freeza team up against Toppo. What I can't wait to see is what they do with Freeza at the end as he may be turning a new leaf and if any of the universes will be wished back. Keep in mind that 127 could've just been a lucky guess and everything after will be completely different but based on what we know they seem possible. If 17 dies then it'll make sense for Goku to train Uub to replace him for the next tournament that'll eventually be between U7 and the other 4 universes. In terms of the ending, I think the "suddenly" is time running out before the fight ends.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:13 am

People still believing that are up for a disappointment.

And Vegetto would be such a cop out, his inclusion would be fanservice again.

Hyping Shirtless UI Goku for eternity but still resorting to Vegetto?

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:14 am

Damn do I hope these leaks are fake, but only because of 131. That's basically EOZ and I'm not looking forward to a prequel, lead-up or retelling of that episode. :?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:21 am

Xeogran wrote:People still believing that are up for a disappointment.

Hyping Shirtless UI Goku for eternity but still resorting to Vegetto?
I think there's a 40% they end up being true so I'm not going to completely rule them out but we'll need more info to be sure.

Both can happen.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:24 am

Seem like fake to me.But, we'll see.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

OverHeaven
Beyond Newbie

Post by OverHeaven » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:45 am

Leaks are obviously fake since there is no mention of Hit's clone trick.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:54 am

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:Dragon Ball Super is ending. That's okay. Just wait a year or two and a new series will definitely enter production. Don't look at the calendar and you won't notice how long it is until Christmas.
I honestly would prefer it fpr it to take more time, i would love for a dragon ball series ro have great story telling and animation again. Super was lacking that quite a bit.
Dragon Ball never had 'great' storytelling and I would say Super has superior storytelling over most of Z. For one, who got more diverse villains over the same 'evil for evil sake' characters.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:18 am

HeroR wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Dragon Ball never had 'great' storytelling and I would say Super has superior storytelling over most of Z. For one, who got more diverse villains over the same 'evil for evil sake' characters.
I'd say that counts more as a good story concept, not storytelling. DB as a whole is peppered with great concepts that are never fully explored. King Piccolo's belief that humans are inherently evil and sets them free from the constraints of law; Freeza's portrayal as this suave, smarmy tycoon and him being the head of a business rather than a run-of-the-mill conqueror; Buu's volatile personality and general instability was what made him unpredictable and frightening. Heck, even the Omni King being a child that holds the existence of the universe at his finger tips is technically an interesting concept, but the show never uses those ideas to the fullest in order to keep things light and uncomplicated.
I think Super suffers more from the shortcomings of this type of writing because people came in expecting it to do more than what Z did. It's better in the sense that the art direction and story boarding are more modern, but I wouldn't say it has superior storytelling, and definitely not because it has one interesting character as an antagonist.

Freezerbaby
Beyond Newbie

Post by Freezerbaby » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:04 am

So looks like freeza will actually redeem himself in a sense, which is exaclty what people didn´t want to happen ,what do you guys think about it?