"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:33 am

sangofe wrote: A sequel could mean Dragon Ball Super continuing, though. This doesn't say it's not a hiatus... It says it's ending for now. But it could very well come back later.
Super has no plans to continue at the moment, and it's going off the air, that makes it an ending not a hiatus..
DB will continue, Super may very well not..
Calling it a hiatus based on an unplanned new series inheriting super's name isn't exactly right..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:49 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
sangofe wrote: A sequel could mean Dragon Ball Super continuing, though. This doesn't say it's not a hiatus... It says it's ending for now. But it could very well come back later.
Super has no plans to continue at the moment, and it's going off the air, that makes it an ending not a hiatus..
DB will continue, Super may very well not..
Calling it a hiatus based on an unplanned new series inheriting super's name isn't exactly right..
We just don't know what will happen. We don't know how long kitaro will be on the air. We don't know if the story will continue. And if it does continue where super left off having the name Dragon Ball Super, then honestly, that's a hiatus, not an end.

So since things are so unclear at the moment, saying it's an end is wrong. Stopping for now with undecided future is right. But definitive end we don't know. It's important to make that difference.

HECTOR4
Regular

Post by HECTOR4 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:25 am

Possible titles and synopsis of the chapters 126 to 131:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Source: https://www.db-z.com/dragon-ball-super- ... 9-130-131/

Prudence with these supposed spoilers!!! We must investigate this well.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:29 am

Ki Breaker wrote:Seiji Nakazawa at Rocket News 24 asked Fuji TV about Super ending. Not really any new information, but it reiterates that it really is ending for now at least, and that beyond that is still undecided.

From herms -

So yeah, it's not a hiatus as many continue to keep believing, it really is ending and it's happening this March..
Obviously it MUST be a hiatus. There’s absolutely zero point in “ENDING” this series for good. It makes absolutely ZERO sense considering dragon ball super’s infinite potential for story building. There’s still so much things we haven’t seen yet and story points that have to be covered. It would be foolish for them to officially end it for good.

I don’t understand what happened to Toei. Whats going on in their heads right now all of a sudden. Did they get possessed or hit their head? Did something else happen to them? Because i’m telling you NO SANE company would throw away a series that makes A LOT of money and has infinite potential! The fact that they are so fucking cruel and not-optimistic by saying it ends and there are not even plans for a return is something that is absolutely ridiculous and unbelievable.

Yes i am MAD. And any other sane dragon ball fan should be too.

This is an incredibly criminal and unnacceptable stunt by Toei. And what’s even far worse is the fact that they DIDN’T EVEN PROVIDE ANY REASONS!

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:31 am

HECTOR4 wrote:Possible titles and synopsis of the chapters 126 to 131:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Most of those sound fake to me. Freeza turning into a good guy? Befriends 17? 17 kills himself? Only one EoZ episode? Yeah no, I don't think these are real.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:32 am

I think its save to say that the manga also will ends at the end of top. Toriyama didn't provide a story (to thr anime or manga)because of the movie

ShinTenshin
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShinTenshin » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:38 am

TheDipDap1234 wrote:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Most of those sound fake to me. Freeza turning into a good guy? Befriends 17? 17 kills himself? Only one EoZ episode? Yeah no, I don't think these are real.
The preview of 126 use the same term for Vegeta than the preview of 125 for Toppo (Weekly Shonen Jump).
By repeating "something strange" we can clearly conclude that these spoilers are 100% fake.
And we don't even talk about all the inconsistencies like Frieza becoming a good guy or the fact we have so much preview (something that was never seen)....

How some sites can relay something so ridiculous is beyond my comprehension.

Terez
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Terez » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:45 am

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I have been watching 5ch. (2ch doesn't exist anymore.) That's where I got the news about Kitaro, the RocketNews interview, etc. - all sent to Herms. I haven't seen anything like this so I have no idea where it is supposed to have come from.

HECTOR4
Regular

Post by HECTOR4 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:48 am

Terez wrote:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I have been watching 5ch. (2ch doesn't exist anymore.) That's where I got the news about Kitaro, the RocketNews interview, etc. - all sent to Herms. I haven't seen anything like this so I have no idea where it is supposed to have come from.
OK, thank you very much for being on the lookout!! ^^

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:06 am

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I got this

DBS spoilers (2ch leak), the same guy who leaked the end of Mirai Trunks' Saga.

6 minutes left (1/21) - Gohan sacrifices himself in order to defeat Dyspo.
5 minutes left (1/28) - Toppo reaches a new power level, Hakaishin-like. He defeats both c-17 and Freeza. C-17 sacrifices himself in vain.
4 minutes left (2/04) - Vegeta surpasses Toppo but their fight ends with a draw
3 minutes left (2/11) - Goku fights Jiren
2 minutes left (2/18) - Goku is fighting Jiren as Ultra Instinct, but now he has a blue ki being covered with red ki
1 minute left (3/04) - The Tournament ends
After the Tournament (3/18) - Using the Super Dragon Balls
Goku's next Journey (3/25) - Goku is training with Goten. He hears something about a new fighter who will appear in the martial arts tournament.

--------

This sounds more believable, I remember Toyotaro saying that DBS will connect to EoZ.

HECTOR4
Regular

Post by HECTOR4 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:12 am

perucho1990 wrote:DBS spoilers (2ch leak), the same guy who leaked the end of Mirai Trunks' Saga.
2ch don't exists anymore XD Now is called 5ch. Someone has invented all this to take advantage of the news of the end of Dragon Ball Super. But whoever invented it does not even know that 2ch changed to 5ch XDDDD

Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Liquir » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:18 am

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:20 am

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Fake.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:30 am

The Frieza stuff is definitely fake. He's not some misunderstood teenager. He revels in being a mean piece of shit. :lol:

ShinTenshin
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShinTenshin » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:35 am

Seems Vegeta keep his new form (darker blue hair/aura + his new eyes) but lost his bulky muscles.
I think it's far better without it.
That was a bit too much !

It's definitively a slim version of his new form !
That's really badass !

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:41 am

Ugh, Vegeta's new form is still too shiny, lol.
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:33 am

I hope this synopsis are fake as they look convoluted to me

Ki Breaker wrote:
precita wrote:Those who hated Super finally got their wish, the rest of us shall hang our heads in shame.
You already posted that before :P
Nice catch, mate. Sometimes I think she's just wanting attention.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:44 am

Noah wrote:I hope this synopsis are fake as they look convoluted to me.
These were "leaked" a few days ago so if they were real we'd know about it by now. Of course some of them could be true like Vegetto coming back as I don't see any other way to beat him but that'd just be a lucky guess on whoever wrote these.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Onibaku
Beyond Newbie

Post by Onibaku » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:47 am

Theres word on Vegetto making an appearance in this arc too?

bleed0range
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by bleed0range » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:13 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:Seiji Nakazawa at Rocket News 24 asked Fuji TV about Super ending. Not really any new information, but it reiterates that it really is ending for now at least, and that beyond that is still undecided.

From herms -

So yeah, it's not a hiatus as many continue to keep believing, it really is ending and it's happening this March..
Obviously it MUST be a hiatus. There’s absolutely zero point in “ENDING” this series for good. It makes absolutely ZERO sense considering dragon ball super’s infinite potential for story building. There’s still so much things we haven’t seen yet and story points that have to be covered. It would be foolish for them to officially end it for good.

I don’t understand what happened to Toei. Whats going on in their heads right now all of a sudden. Did they get possessed or hit their head? Did something else happen to them? Because i’m telling you NO SANE company would throw away a series that makes A LOT of money and has infinite potential! The fact that they are so fucking cruel and not-optimistic by saying it ends and there are not even plans for a return is something that is absolutely ridiculous and unbelievable.

Yes i am MAD. And any other sane dragon ball fan should be too.

This is an incredibly criminal and unnacceptable stunt by Toei. And what’s even far worse is the fact that they DIDN’T EVEN PROVIDE ANY REASONS!
The fact that nobody has officially called it a hiatus to me means it is in fact the end of the line for Super. They are saying DB will continue in the future... but that can mean anything. Of course it will. Doesn’t necessarily mean we will get Super back. In fact I’m quite sure we won’t. Maybe another series? But that could be dependant on factors like the cast, how the movie does and Toriyama.

Perhaps they’re considering that the cast is aging and they may need to do a complete reboot with a new cast?

Maybe they just needed to end Super because as a project it was always rushed and they just want to start fresh. Maybe Toriyama complained again?

Maybe having to replace Bulma caused them to have to stop the show. Perhaps Bulma player a big part in a story Toriyama wrote and they need time to replace her?

Maybe the ratings slipping meant they want to keep DB going but with a different project.

Maybe Toriyama doesn’t want to work on the shows anymore.

Maybe they just want to get out of the time period befor EOZ and decided to end Super and start a new project that takes place after?

There’s a million reasons why. But I don’t think Super is coming back. Unfortunately. I liked it a lot.