"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Sodhi
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Sodhi » Sun May 28, 2017 8:08 pm

Gog wrote:Is it bad that I want Freeza to humiliate Caulifla in the tournament?
No, what you want is what you want. You are just looking forward to that happening which is totally fine :)

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun May 28, 2017 8:14 pm

Nah it's like when Vegeta gets his ass kicked after being a cocky bastard, satisfying.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sun May 28, 2017 8:23 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Nah it's like when Vegeta gets his ass kicked after being a cocky bastard, satisfying.
I so badly want her to smugly tell Freeza that she's a Super Saiyan before fighting him.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun May 28, 2017 8:26 pm

Gog wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
I so badly want her to smugly tell Freeza that she's a Super Saiyan before fighting him.
Which triggers Frieza into a new form. "OH, GOOD FOR YOU!"

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sun May 28, 2017 8:31 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Gog wrote:
Kanassa wrote: Nah it's like when Vegeta gets his ass kicked after being a cocky bastard, satisfying.
Which triggers Frieza into a new form. "OH, GOOD FOR YOU!"
Is Super Duper Indigo Freeza finally going to be a reality?

Honestly, some serious talk what's up with all of this fake drama these recruitment episodes are trying to distill. Kurirn, 17, Ten, and 18 all not wanting to go because of some flimsy reason? It's also annoying considering that none of this is going to affect the tournament, and have no affect in the greater scheme of the narrative.

I'll also laugh my ass off if Freeza wants to join immediately.

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Sun May 28, 2017 8:37 pm

TOP arena is crazy, I think there will be a sperate floor for others fighters to be on since there is no fucking way 80 can fit in 1 spot.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun May 28, 2017 8:58 pm

vashter wrote:TOP arena is crazy, I think there will be a sperate floor for others fighters to be on since there is no fucking way 80 can fit in 1 spot.
It could be like the tournament in the Bojack Movie

Kanassa wrote:

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun May 28, 2017 9:04 pm

vashter wrote:TOP arena is crazy, I think there will be a sperate floor for others fighters to be on since there is no fucking way 80 can fit in 1 spot.
Great Priest said the arena was huge, we just haven't seen anything on or next to it to give it scale.

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Sun May 28, 2017 9:45 pm

It would be interesting to see the character interactions between 17 and 18 to the robots of U3.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon May 29, 2017 12:01 am

Kanassa wrote:
MagmonKai wrote:For example wouldn't have been smarter for Zamas to wish for immortality as well as invincibility?

They're not the same thing, but he basically got the same thing. He got a body that couldn't die, no matter the wound inflicted upon it, though the show seems inconsistent on whether he can feel pain or not (Though I always just assumed he gets off on pain after the reality of ''Can not die'' settled in)...

Why didn't Goku Black take care of the Ultimate Gods before going on his rampage? (Like I would have wished for the Grand Priest and Zeno to be wiped out before I started) that way no matter what I'd be the "ultimate God". Maybe he didn't know about Zeno, I don't know.
While there is the chance that Zamasu doesn't know about Zeno (I wouldn't be surprised if that's not knowledge given to Apprentice Kaioshin), why would Black go after Zeno? Black is a pragmatic character who does acknowledge when there's people more powerful than him, he would be smart enough to know that there'd be no point in going to Zeno because Zeno would simply kill him. Zeno is the most powerful being in existence, likely more powerful than any type of Dragon Ball, and Dragon Balls can not effect beings more powerful than them.

Plus, Zeno was completely unaware about any of Zamasu's plans until Goku dragged him to Earth, despite the fact that all the other Gods were dead.
They say this because that's the current theme of the show, consequences be damn nearly 99.999% of the time. With a few exceptions. Everything can just be undone with the dragon balls - Future Trunks Timeline being the .001% difference. The Tournament of Power hasn't concluded so I don't want to debate something that hasn't happened yet. I'm just debating peoples theories.

Actually, a repeated theme of this show has been in building up the fact that the protagonists always count on the Dragon Balls to bail them out as well as the Gods (Which really isn't Dragon Ball Super exclusive, that's most of Dragon Ball when the Dragon Balls became so easy to get). Future Trunks arc being what shows them what they'd be without such things to fall back on, yet they still don't acknowledge it. This arc seems to be building up to a situation where there is nothing to fall back on, as well as moving forward with the line about the Gods.
Zamasu say he doesn't feel pain and take joy and getting hit by attacks that should kill him. Him feeling pain from Vegetto stabbing him was the first show of him not being immortal as Vegetto pointed out.

Also, almost all the conflicts in the show happened because of the gods. So Goku on the gang depending on the gods too much was a hypocritical line from Beerus that fans took to be true for some reason.

As for how Black was going to handle Zen'o, I am certain he knew of Zen'o's existence and most likely surmised that Zen'o wouldn't interfere since he doesn't pay that much attention. And since he was going to fused with Future Zamasu once he maxed out Goku's body, he was probably hoping that Merged Zamasu would be powerful enough to challenged Zen'o. But his plan was pretty much DOA since Zen'o would eventually nuke him one day.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon May 29, 2017 12:16 am

Freeza9000 wrote:It would be interesting to see the character interactions between 17 and 18 to the robots of U3.
I'm actually really disappointed 17 and 18 haven't interacted on-screen yet. Where the hell is 17 the last few eps?

Hit!!
Regular

Post by Hit!! » Mon May 29, 2017 12:17 am

Kanassa wrote:
It would be so awesome if it was something like the hunter exam in Hunter x Hunter where they were all thrown into a jungle to fend for themselves and different individual 1 on 1 fights went down simultaniously.

Or something like the Hunger Games, where they are in this huge dome that simulates different eco systems and the participants spend days fighting each other, creating alliances, ganging up on each other, etc. Too bad you're not supposed to kill though. I fucking hate that aspect about the TOP. Super has a serious problem with the lack of tension and stakes.

Btw, i know the TOP will not be anything like that, its just some "mental jerk off" like they say in my home country.

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Mon May 29, 2017 12:23 am

precita wrote:
Freeza9000 wrote:It would be interesting to see the character interactions between 17 and 18 to the robots of U3.
I'm actually really disappointed 17 and 18 haven't interacted on-screen yet. Where the hell is 17 the last few eps?
We will see them interact with each other soon, don't worry. And 17 is probably taking a good view at his island or family before leaving to fight.

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Mon May 29, 2017 12:36 am

Hit!! wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
It would be so awesome if it was something like the hunter exam in Hunter x Hunter where they were all thrown into a jungle to fend for themselves and different individual 1 on 1 fights went down simultaniously.

Or something like the Hunger Games, where they are in this huge dome that simulates different eco systems and the participants spend days fighting each other, creating alliances, ganging up on each other, etc. Too bad you're not supposed to kill though. I fucking hate that aspect about the TOP. Super has a serious problem with the lack of tension and stakes.

Btw, i know the TOP will not be anything like that, its just some "mental jerk off" like they say in my home country.
Well, it could still be like the Chuunin exams from Naruto (specifically, the forest of death). Killing wasn't allowed there either, but some really serious shit went down.
That being said, I find the arena really boring from what we've seen. I hope it's actually a lot more than just some fancily designed dome.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon May 29, 2017 1:46 am

Hit!! wrote:
Kanassa wrote:

Why are we still pretending that Z had any real stakes? And what different does it make if killing isn't allowed if people will be erased from existence if their universe loses? Also, didn't we have an entire timeline go bye-bye last arc, which can't be fixed unlike every other death in Z outside of Gura and Android 16.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Mon May 29, 2017 1:50 am

A bit behind on spoiler stuff since I just got back from vacation, but I had some theories on name puns for the new U3 characters we were introduced to in the last episode (sorry if someone already posted these!)

After a bit of research, it seems to be an Italian food theme. ナリラーマ/narirama is a mixed up version of marinara. ニグリッシ/nigurisshi is a mixed up version of grissini, a type of Italian breadstick (so in that case, would probably romanize the name as Nigrissi).

They sound delicious...
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

Roronoa-pt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Roronoa-pt » Mon May 29, 2017 4:36 am

perucho1990 wrote:Tenshinhan got shat again in the latest episode, he looked scared when Krillin asked him to spar. I'm still doubting Toriyama in wanting to become Tenshinhan look like Z Yamcha...
He was concerned about the team not having Majin Buu, not about Kuririn.

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Mon May 29, 2017 7:56 am

precita wrote:
They'll likely only get him on their way to the tournament, which makes sense. 17 is not their friend. Had he been casually hanging around the others at Capsule Corp I'm sure peole would call it out of character.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon May 29, 2017 9:34 am

precita wrote:I'm actually really disappointed 17 and 18 haven't interacted on-screen yet. Where the hell is 17 the last few eps?
Still on his island, I expect. One of his conditions for joining was Goten and Trunks watching over things while he was away, and they're still at Capsule Corp with everyone else.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon May 29, 2017 10:13 am

I'm sure Caulifla will job Vegeta style in the ToP, but it would be against Goku or Brianne.

Frieza would face Kale, while Cabba gets Frost.