"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Neon Z » Wed May 03, 2017 10:05 am

MrBlackFox wrote:This would be too good to be true, 11 members could bring us the best and most complete cast ever

Aside from my doubt on Buu, I think the ones who don't appear in the opening could be an hint

Iirc, we don't see Buu, Tien, Piccolo, right?
Piccolo appears standing behind Gohan training (although only his legs) and Tenshinhan's face appears as the focus of a shot with the androids in the background (This is also the only shot 18 gets aside from the group ones). Buu gets no appearances aside from the "full group" ones.

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Wed May 03, 2017 10:08 am

Is it possible Toyo was talking about a non-U7 team like U6?
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed May 03, 2017 10:09 am

TheMathemagician wrote:Is it possible Toyo was talking about a non-U7 team like U6?
I mean its possible the dude said teams not do not assume u7 team have been set.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Wed May 03, 2017 10:11 am

ArchedThunder wrote:Q: I've heard Toriyama has a direct role into your work, right?

T: Not only mine: he supervises every storyboard related to the Dragon Ball universe.

So Toriyama supervises the anime storyboards?
Yeah that comment was a little too on the nose considering what the fanbase has been recently arguing about.
The only issue I see is that when the Trunks arc was about to air, the timing of Toriyama's comment about not seeing the Future Trunks arc script is somewhat strange.
Do he not get the info until its already too late to make changes? That would make sense on the theory of the quiet power retcon and why the manga is so different.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed May 03, 2017 10:11 am

People are already putting blame on Toei for if the advertised team isn't the actual team, but what if Toriyama told them to advertise that as the team so there could be a bait and switch?

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Wed May 03, 2017 10:12 am

TekTheNinja wrote:
I would be glad, but sadly it's not happening. It seems Yamcha's role will only be as a joke in this arc which is truly upsetting.
Even if he gets to be in the ToP, I could see Yamcha being used as the Monaca of this arc, Tori always has comedy relief moments/fights in tournaments

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed May 03, 2017 10:12 am

Neon Z wrote:
MrBlackFox wrote:This would be too good to be true, 11 members could bring us the best and most complete cast ever

Aside from my doubt on Buu, I think the ones who don't appear in the opening could be an hint

Piccolo appears standing behind Gohan training (although only his legs) and Tenshinhan's face appears as the focus of a shot with the androids in the background (This is also the only shot 18 gets aside from the group ones). Buu gets no appearances aside from the "full group" ones.
I mean theres also the new ending in super which has buu with the fog along with goku,vegeta,piccolo and gohan as if there hiding something new.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed May 03, 2017 10:12 am

perucho1990 wrote:
TekTheNinja wrote:
I would be glad, but sadly it's not happening. It seems Yamcha's role will only be as a joke in this arc which is truly upsetting.
Even if he gets to be in the ToP, I could see Yamcha being used as the Monaca of this arc, Tori always has comedy relief moments/fights in tournaments
You have roshi for that anyway.

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Wed May 03, 2017 10:13 am

Neon Z wrote:

Yeah, I was thinking more to tournament shots
We only see Goku, Vegeta, Krillin, 17 fighting there and Roshi preparing

No signs of Gohan, Buu, Tien and Piccolo

While for Gohan and Buu could maybe depend from their form change (Ultimate and slim), for Tien and Piccolo... well...

But I think it's unlikely they'll replace someone who do not fight since Z, so I place my bet on someone of the characters we got to see before, so Piccolo or Buu

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed May 03, 2017 10:14 am

ArchedThunder wrote:People are already putting blame on Toei for if the advertised team isn't the actual team, but what if Toriyama told them to advertise that as the team so there could be a bait and switch?
Don't we get any Info on the summaries of 90-93 this saturday or not.

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Wed May 03, 2017 10:14 am

Oh and no 18, but a magazine previously revealed she will have some combo attack with Krillin and 17

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Wed May 03, 2017 10:16 am

ArchedThunder wrote:People are already putting blame on Toei for if the advertised team isn't the actual team, but what if Toriyama told them to advertise that as the team so there could be a bait and switch?

Nah, I personally see this as a good surprise eventually, having some surprise member is something I'd love

I only hope it's not some good character like Roshi switched out for some disappointing new one like Monaka was, funny but useless af

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed May 03, 2017 10:17 am

And this isn't troll. Monaka and Buu were front in center for the U7 v U6 poster. One was a joke and other didn't even fight.

Chances are, if someone is replaced, it's Buu or maybe Roshi (although now that I think about it, Roshi was said to get some shine). And, hate to say it, Piccolo could be in danger since almost all the stuff around him is training Gohan. Not fighting like the others.
pacz360 wrote: I mean theres also the new ending in super which has buu with the fog along with goku,vegeta,piccolo and gohan as if there hiding something new.
Toei can easily changed the end credit or even the intro. They have actually done stuff like that.
Last edited by HeroR on Wed May 03, 2017 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Wed May 03, 2017 10:17 am

pacz360 wrote:
Neon Z wrote:

I mean theres also the new ending in super which has buu with the fog along with goku,vegeta,piccolo and gohan as if there hiding something new.

This is something I missed, my bad
Didn't see the updated opening yet

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Wed May 03, 2017 10:18 am

MrBlackFox wrote:No signs of Gohan, Buu, Tien and Piccolo

While for Gohan and Buu could maybe depend from their form change (Ultimate and slim), for Tien and Piccolo... well...

But I think it's unlikely they'll replace someone who do not fight since Z, so I place my bet on someone of the characters we got to see before, so Piccolo or Buu
The shot with Tenshinhan, 17 and 18 is from the tournament though.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed May 03, 2017 10:19 am

MrBlackFox wrote:
Neon Z wrote:

Yeah, I was thinking more to tournament shots
We only see Goku, Vegeta, Krillin, 17 fighting there and Roshi preparing

No signs of Gohan, Buu, Tien and Piccolo

Piccolo not getting replaced dude he know's whats at stake here plus last said he's looking foward to the challenge so don't why you think piccolo getting replaced
Besides the openings are not that accurate anyways we see gohan in his green track suit despite seeing him in his orange gi.
HeroR wrote:
And this isn't troll. Monaka and Buu were front in center for the U7 v U6 poster. One was a joke and other didn't even fight.

Chances are, if someone is replaced, it's Buu or maybe Roshi (although now that I think about it, Roshi was said to get some shine). And, hate to say it, Piccolo could be in danger since almost all the stuff around him is training Gohan. Not fighting like the others.

As i said piccolo is also fighting in the tournament he said last episode he's itching for a challenge.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed May 03, 2017 10:21 am

Yeah, because whoever did this made a not so attractive move, the first person people will call out are the people who handled the advertisement..
Which theoretically is the "advertisement teams" job
There are always what if scenarios present, those are what if because they aren't the obvious and thus aren't taken into account till confirmed otherwise
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Wed May 03, 2017 10:21 am

1) magazine scan saying "Are those really the final members of the team ?!"

2) producer interview "Who knows if Goku will manage to get everybody on the poster ?"

3) now toyotaro

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed May 03, 2017 10:22 am

pacz360 wrote: Don't we get any Info on the summaries of 90-93 this saturday or not.
Some time from the 7th to the 9th. We already have the titles for 90-92 and a summary for 90 though.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed May 03, 2017 10:24 am

MrBlackFox wrote:1) magazine scan saying "Are those really the final members of the team ?!"

2) producer interview "Who knows if Goku will manage to get everybody on the poster ?"

3) now toyotaro
Which magazine?