"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Michsi
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Michsi » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:05 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
Michsi wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: The siayans have been at a disadvantage and had backup serveral times throughout the series..
Yeah, but really, really reluctantly. At least at first. They need to be made aware of how much the odds are against them, and it seems that will be the case Caulifla. And seeing that the there is a general consensus that the new fighter might be female ....
And yes, I know it looks bald, but I'm guessing some revealing traits got erased from the outline so as to not give too much away, but the anatomy still seems to lean towards feminine.
The figure is just a placeholder for what's to come, concluding anything form it is not really recommend..
For all we know only the baldness stays in the actual character as the trait and everything changes..

As for Cauliflowa calling for backup isn't all that surprising, frankly she hasn't shown any pride yet, show her a new transformation and she will be up in your face asking for it, if she did that to Vegeta she wouldn't be in the ring right now..
This character only shares race with the saiyans we know and respect..
I know that it could end up looking completely different, but all I'm saying is that the shape isn't traitless, like a placeholder should be, so it still could resemble the actual design somewhat. I'm still leaning towards Ribrianne's new transformation or the bugs, but I'm also all for surprises so who knows :D

I know the way she is written isn't everyone's ones (or most people's) cup of tea. Frankly I'm also not happy with how they're portrayed: either obnoxiously spunky or obnoxiously demure , but I can't will them away or change their presence so I'll try to keep an open mind. All things point towards that they're here to stay.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:17 am

Kale and Caulifla are not getting anymore power ups. The only one I say has a chance is Cabba.The only difference this time is that they are fighting together.

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:18 am

Cabba nowhere to be mentioned. Mhhhhhh.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:23 am

Zamasu55 wrote:Cabba nowhere to be mentioned. Mhhhhhh.
There's no mention of 112 at all, actually. Kinda surprising. I was expecting them to spoil something.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:27 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
There's no mention of 112 at all, actually. Kinda surprising. I was expecting them to spoil something.
No need for them to state the obvious to us.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:33 am

Michsi wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
Michsi wrote: Yeah, but really, really reluctantly. At least at first. They need to be made aware of how much the odds are against them, and it seems that will be the case Caulifla. And seeing that the there is a general consensus that the new fighter might be female ....
And yes, I know it looks bald, but I'm guessing some revealing traits got erased from the outline so as to not give too much away, but the anatomy still seems to lean towards feminine.
The figure is just a placeholder for what's to come, concluding anything form it is not really recommend..
For all we know only the baldness stays in the actual character as the trait and everything changes..

As for Cauliflowa calling for backup isn't all that surprising, frankly she hasn't shown any pride yet, show her a new transformation and she will be up in your face asking for it, if she did that to Vegeta she wouldn't be in the ring right now..
This character only shares race with the saiyans we know and respect..
I know that it could end up looking completely different, but all I'm saying is that the shape isn't traitless, like a placeholder should be, so it still could resemble the actual design somewhat. I'm still leaning towards Ribrianne's new transformation or the bugs, but I'm also all for surprises so who knows :D

I know the way she is written isn't everyone's ones (or most people's) cup of tea. Frankly I'm also not happy with how they're portrayed: either obnoxiously spunky or obnoxiously demure , but I can't will them away or change their presence so I'll try to keep an open mind. All things point towards that they're here to stay.
Isn't the original figure may not look like it,just a legal disclaimer?
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

DbzRab

Post by DbzRab » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:45 am

Does anyone think that the reason Zalama may show up is when either uni 6/7 super dragonball are destroyed when their universes are erased? Even if it's just one of universe 6 or 7?

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:48 am

DbzRab wrote:Does anyone think that the reason Zalama may show up is when either uni 6/7 super dragonball are destroyed when their universes are erased? Even if it's just one of universe 6 or 7?
The Grand Priest has already collected the Super Dragon Balls to offer as a reward so that shouldn't be a problem. That would also raise the question of why Zarama never appeared in the future when Black and Zamasu destroyed them. :think:

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:48 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Just because somebody isn't mentioned doesn't mean that they've been KOed. I thought people were done using the previews as a way to assume someone was knocked out, but I guess I was wrong.
How i predict the tournament will end:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:50 am

SansrivaaL wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
*Reads How will Goku handle these tough saiyan opponents?* No, DELETE that! they're baby soft saiyans! I easily get triggered by the smallest things about Kale and Cauli nowadays.. I need a break.
Yes you do, Goku has been exhausted he can't even go SS and two people ganging up on him is never gonna be easy, much less Saiyan's where one is prodigy and other in unstable.

You are letting your hate clog logic here. I think you need to re-evaluate yourself if the word "tough" in a magazine summary to hype a battle "triggers" you.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:55 am

Goku might be using the UI technique, reminder that UI doesnt = Blue fire aura surrounding him.

It would kinda bad if Caulifla doesnt bother transforming, episode 101 all over again.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:58 am

Hawk9211 wrote:
Michsi wrote:I know that it could end up looking completely different, but all I'm saying is that the shape isn't traitless, like a placeholder should be, so it still could resemble the actual design somewhat. I'm still leaning towards Ribrianne's new transformation or the bugs, but I'm also all for surprises so who knows :D

Isn't the original figure may not look like it,just a legal disclaimer?
Yeah. Most of the images of the products on that website have that same disclaimer, even photos of figures that are out. Still, it doesn't hurt to keep in mind that that silhouette might not represent the figure in question or that the super warrior mentioned in 114 and the new figure might not be the same individual.
TheOne wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
Just because somebody isn't mentioned doesn't mean that they've been KOed. I thought people were done using the previews as a way to assume someone was knocked out, but I guess I was wrong.
The previews are very unreliable when it comes to eliminations. Sometimes they blatantly spoil them like Hit, but there sure as hell wasn't any mention of Frost getting deleted in any of the previews and that was kind of a big deal.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:58 am

perucho1990 wrote:Goku might be using the UI technique, reminder that UI doesnt = Blue fire aura surrounding him.

It would kinda bad if Caulifla doesnt bother transforming, episode 101 all over again.
I doubt he has got it back that quick. Just remember that Goku is way stronger than these 2 and he is gradually getting back stamina and energy.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:08 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Yes you do, Goku has been exhausted he can't even go SS and two people ganging up on him is never gonna be easy, much less Saiyan's where one is prodigy and other in unstable.
If we go by summaries then no, they're far from tough, Goku's recovering stamina while fighting both of them.
Here comes the "when will people learn that summaries arent always right!?" yeah, we all know, but we talk about it for the sake of discussion.
You are letting your hate clog logic here. I think you need to re-evaluate yourself if the word "tough" in a magazine summary to hype a battle "triggers" you.
By logic you mean my headcanon vs your headcanon? you must be fun at parties.
Ki Breaker wrote: I would say Cauliflowa is the most unlikable cunt to come out of the franchise but she will soon be getting a second chance because of Toyotaro, maybe it's simply a matter of bad characterization on Toie's part, it doesn't necessarily need to be played out this way because that'll be just odd..
And I thought I was the only one here thats vocal when it comes to hating those 2.
At this point theres no way Toyo will be able to make them more horrible than they already are.
Naah fam, they are absolute fucking nightmare, even worse than a tsunamidere encounter..
Yes, they are, a bunch of cheap ass fanfiction created saiyan bootleg!

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:21 am

Michsi wrote:
shadowmaria wrote:Made this post in another thread, but wanted to bring the discussion to a wider audience;

Been talking with a friend, it's entirely possible that the new super warrior is Zalama

With only five competitors remaining for Universe 6, and Pirina and Saoneru are currently engaging in battle with Piccolo and Gohan and will likely be eliminated by Universe 7

With Cabba, Caulifla, and Kale also getting focus in the next few weeks - along with the title of Episode 113 - leads me to believe that Universe 6 are going by 114

However, as per Master Zuno, the Super Dragon Ball's are housed in Universe 6 and 7. Just like we saw with Obuni's locket, if Universe 6 or 7 go, the Super Dragon Ball's should also go.

This could cause Zarama to descend amongst the chaos of three or four of the Super Dragon Ball's being erased (not all of them, because plot reasons)
It's an interesting theory and I do think Zarama will make an appearance at some point, but I don't know if it will be for this reason. If I recall correctly, it's not the universe itself that gets erased but the living beings inside of it. I think Whis looked at U9 after they got erased and noted that it was 'empty'. That could mean that the Dragon Balls themselves remain unaffected.
That doesn't explain Obuni's locket.

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:23 am

After seeing first hand how strong Goku is and seeing your strongest fighter in Hit get eliminated, I don't think it's a smart idea for the girls to go after Goku. This just lessens their chances of not getting erased.

A smarter plan would be to align themselves with Goku since he's trustworthy and fight other universes. Universe three is still around.
Last edited by omaro34 on Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:23 am

The scan of the WSJ preview is out, with basically no new information: https://twitter.com/KenXyro/status/921000990517575680

I wonder about the '嬉々として' in the title. Doesn't make it sound like a very serious battle.
omaro34 wrote:After seeing first hand how strong Goku is and seeing your strongest fighter in Hit get eliminated, I don't think it's a smart idea to go after Goku. This just lessens their chances of not getting erased.

A smarter plan would be to align themselves with Goku since he's trustworthy and fight other universes. Universe three is still around.
According to one of the magazine previews, U3 is supposed to put in an appearance in this episode hassling Goku before Caulifla chases them off. Whether that actually happens... I think they will go the alliance route once the new warrior shows up (provided it isn't one of them of course).
Last edited by BlueBasilisk on Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:25 am

I was just thinking anout it....for being over 1000 years old Hit is actually kind of weak compared to Goku or Vegeta
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:32 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
No need for them to state the obvious to us.
You know going by that logic piccolo hasn't been mention means he's eliminated right?
While I won't rule it out but let's wait and see where it goes

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:32 am

omaro34 wrote:After seeing first hand how strong Goku is and seeing your strongest fighter in Hit get eliminated, I don't think it's a smart idea for the girls to go after Goku. This just lessens their chances of not getting erased.

Actually the smart plan is ring out Goku to lower U7's numbers. They don't have to fight Jiren, they just need the most people in the ring and U11, despite being cocky, has the least number of people left.

It's also weird seeing members triggered over the Cali and Kale and called them 'the worst characters'. As a term I learned a little over 24 hours ago, this is reaching bitch eating crackers.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.