"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by MCDaveG » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:36 pm

I really love the manga ending and always hated, how the Z ending was cut off because of GT in anime.
As much as the epilogue in Z from manga doesn't fit well being part of Z and Super being sequel inside that blank era between Buu and the epilogue,
I'd really love them to reanimate it and make the definitive ending of the series as they reach the epilogue with Super.

Yeah, everyone is a fan of GT, because it have some vague, but best ironically, conclusion in the series, but it was full of WTF elements (Goku vanishing on Shenron, going somewhere and such and there are tons of theories).
But I really love the manga ending where Goku goes to train Uub and there are still Dragon Balls, so the adventure is going forth of course, beyond the ending pages of the comic.
I really loved these kinds of endings as a kid. Because what goes on is left on your imagination. But people these days need everything answered, everything analysed.
Where is fun in that? Does Goku and Bardock breath in space? My 10 year inner old doesn't give a fuck, because it is cool as hell!
But anyone can enjoy his series to his particular pleasure. That's why I have these SW cross-sections and encyclopedias to list trough for fun.

Jeez, I am turning 29 this year and I am still watching and discussing a series for ten year olds :lol: :thumbup:
If I want to feel more mature, I opt for Star Wars, which is for twelve year olds :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by MCDaveG on Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:38 pm

ShinTenshin wrote:The guy said this now :

"Hi ! Toyotaro said that Dragon Ball Super will end connecting DBZ's ending, and that he is already preparing for that."

So DBSUPER will not have post Eoz Arc.
What guy? Where's the proof that Toyotaro said this? You shouldn't throw things like this around without even a link!
Last edited by Gafonso6 on Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:38 pm

"Hi ! Toyotaro said that Dragon Ball Super will end connecting DBZ's ending, and that he is already preparing for that."

That doesn't say there won't be a post end of Z arc at all.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:39 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:

What guy? Where's the proof that Toyotaro said this? You shouldn't throw things like this around without even a link!
Are they roommates with Toyotaro? Or is he a friend of a sister of his roommate at least?
It's important!
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:42 pm

wtf so super is about to end soon? who is saying this anyways?

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:46 pm

ChaosLordBrandon wrote:

Isn't it obvious? The friend of the brother, of the sister, of the uncle, of the best-friend, of the brother in law, of the guy that heard Toyotaro say this to his security.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

ShinTenshin
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShinTenshin » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:51 pm

ChaosLordBrandon wrote:

The Man seems an Italian fan.
Toyotaro is in this country to an event !
This is the link :

https://mobile.twitter.com/DBITALIAFANS

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:51 pm

You shouldn't throw around unconfirmed things like that with such confidence. That comment seems vague to me.

Super will eventually connect to EOZ. We all know that. The question is, what will happen after?
Will Super continue or will we have a new anime?! Will Toyotaro take the mantle and became the main writer or will Toriyama still be there for us?!

Those are the important questions. Super connect to EOZ is something that anyone should know since day one.
Unless we live in a world where Shueisha/Toei/Bandai don't love money, which we don't, Dragon Ball will continue with Super in the name or not.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:54 pm

Even if this is legit. It doesn't mean Super is ending anytime soon. Besides we got actual evidence from people involved such as Toshio saying "Thank you!
As long as there are fans like you, Dragon Ball will last forever!". He also said what he's working in after the tournament "that's a secret". I don't know but I'm not worried or bothered by this just yet...

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:55 pm

Oh so just because he is fan and Toytotaro is in the country he lives in we should take what he says as facts?! I'm sorry but I'm calling BS until I see some clear evidence that Toyotaro said all this things and not just take what some Italian fan wrote on twitter just because Toyotaro is a guest on a convention in Italy.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:58 pm

Super saiyan god super saiyan kaiokenX10 toy, now they're are releasing action figures
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Mostly active on discord.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:03 pm

Nothing's confirmed yet, obviously, but I'd be okay with them ending Super at Oob & the 28th Tenka'ichi Budokai and starting a new series if they want to continue after it. Especially if they're planning for it in advance and we can have an actual production schedule that isn't shit from the start and constantly trying to play catch up.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:06 pm

Draconic wrote:Is there any proof about this EoZ talk? I wouldn't put it past this fanbase to put words into someone's mouth.
The Eoz talk come from a statement of toyotaro in the convention https://mobile.twitter.com/DBITALIAFANS ... 6026387456
Gafonso6 wrote:Oh so just because he is fan and Toytotaro is in the country he lives in we should take what he says as facts?! I'm sorry but I'm calling BS until I see some clear evidence that Toyotaro said all this things and not just take what some Italian fan wrote on twitter just because Toyotaro is a guest on a convention in Italy.
Why would the guy be lying, he literally was in the conference
Last edited by The gr on Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:08 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:
ChaosLordBrandon wrote:

Isn't it obvious? The friend of the brother, of the sister, of the uncle, of the best-friend, of the brother in law, of the guy that heard Toyotaro say this to his security.
My uncle is toyotarou's butler and he confirmed.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:10 pm

The gr wrote: Why would the guy be lying, he literally was in the comic Con
I'm not saying the guy is a liar, but people will often lie about things like this for attention. It could also be a misunderstanding, maybe a translator translated something Toyotaro said into Italian wrong.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:11 pm

Legion wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Who will be the last 2? Yumcha? Kame Sennin? Or Tenshinhan?

Basically, Kame Sennin will be under a spell and Goku and Tenshinhan will fight him.
Last edited by alakazam^ on Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:11 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Nothing's confirmed yet, obviously, but I'd be okay with them ending Super at Oob & the 28th Tenka'ichi Budokai and starting a new series if they want to continue after it. Especially if they're planning for it in advance and we can have an actual production schedule that isn't shit from the start and constantly trying to play catch up.
That's pretty much exactly what I think is going to happen. I've been predicting this for a while. Super will end and an actual well produced series will start instead.
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Even if this is legit. It doesn't mean Super is ending anytime soon. Besides we got actual evidence from people involved such as Toshio saying "Thank you!
As long as there are fans like you, Dragon Ball will last forever!". He also said what he's working in after the tournament "that's a secret". I don't know but I'm not worried or bothered by this just yet...
Nothing about that quote says that Super he series will continue. Also the "secret" after the tournament could very well be a new project and not specifically Super related.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:14 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
The gr wrote: Why would the guy be lying, he literally was in the comic Con
I'm not saying the guy is a liar, but people will often lie about things like this for attention. It could also be a misunderstanding, maybe a translator translated something Toyotaro said into Italian wrong.
that is probably the case I mean what this quote means
He did not say if will end soon, but he is already...
https://mobile.twitter.com/DBITALIAFANS ... 8418394112 i'm confused right now
Last edited by The gr on Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:15 pm

alakazam^ wrote: Who will be the last 2? Yumcha? Kame Sennin? Or Tenshinhan?

Basically, Kame Sennin gets controlled by a spell and Goku and Tenshinhan will fight him.
Hoo boy, remind me to stay away from the Power Level thread after this episode. :lol:

supersaiyangodgogeta
Regular

Post by supersaiyangodgogeta » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:20 pm

Toei & Toriyama can still use the 5 year timeskip between EOZ and GT to make new content. Maybe something about Goku & Oobs adventures, Oob developing his power and fighting the Gods etc.