"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:53 am

Kouga wrote:Ok, now we have another source, AnimeClick.it (the #1 anime and manga news resource in Italy).
This is the transcript of Toyotaro's panel.

Can you anticipate something about the future of Dragon Ball Super?
Toyotaro: "Assuming you've read at least volume 2, where Black Goku appears for the first time, so we'll find out about the related events. Then of course, the story has to end like the original story ends, in a natural and coherent way. So, at least you know that Goku, Vegeta and the others will be alive, so surely you can expect it."

The full interview is here: https://www.animeclick.it/news/64770-na ... n-toyotaro
Well this is entirely different from what people were saying before. It sounds like all he's saying here is that everyone knows that at the end of the Future Trunks arc things won't be wildly different from the end of Z in terms of who's alive and such.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:21 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
Kouga wrote:Ok, now we have another source, AnimeClick.it (the #1 anime and manga news resource in Italy).
This is the transcript of Toyotaro's panel.

Can you anticipate something about the future of Dragon Ball Super?
Toyotaro: "Assuming you've read at least volume 2, where Black Goku appears for the first time, so we'll find out about the related events. Then of course, the story has to end like the original story ends, in a natural and coherent way. So, at least you know that Goku, Vegeta and the others will be alive, so surely you can expect it."

The full interview is here: https://www.animeclick.it/news/64770-na ... n-toyotaro
Well this is entirely different from what people were saying before. It sounds like all he's saying here is that everyone knows that at the end of the Future Trunks arc things won't be wildly different from the end of Z in terms of who's alive and such.
Yes. This is no confirmation that Super won't get past end of Z. He basically stated the obvious.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:15 am

If there's one thing I want them to keep in EoZ is that Goku doesnt transform into a SSJ or anything against Oob, the boy is a beginner for fucks sake but with how Toei handles hyping up characters they tend to make the balance break, if they do change the fight a bit then I'm 99% sure they'll have Goku go SSJB against Oob and people would still defend it as "Goku's holding back"

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:24 am

SansrivaaL wrote:If there's one thing I want them to keep in EoZ is that Goku doesnt transform into a SSJ or anything against Oob, the boy is a beginner for fucks sake but with how Toei handles hyping up characters they tend to make the balance break, if they do change the fight a bit then I'm 99% sure they'll have Goku go SSJB against Oob and people would still defend it as "Goku's holding back"
I will go ahead and say they won't be changing anything form the eoz, it will be absolutely the same with only maybe some extra parts added to connect Better with super
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:11 am

Toshio on twitter said "With several exciting fights, it will be the best franchise!"
So hyped right now. Each week the anticipation for the tournament keeps bundling!

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:14 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Toshio on twitter said "With several exciting fights, it will be the best franchise!"
So hyped right now. Each week the anticipation for the tournament keeps bundling!
Several figth :?: I thought it was going to be only one battle, and can anyone tell me who is toshio,I never heard about that name
Mostly active on discord.

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:17 am

SansrivaaL wrote:If there's one thing I want them to keep in EoZ is that Goku doesnt transform into a SSJ or anything against Oob, the boy is a beginner for fucks sake but with how Toei handles hyping up characters they tend to make the balance break, if they do change the fight a bit then I'm 99% sure they'll have Goku go SSJB against Oob and people would still defend it as "Goku's holding back"

I think Goku's possible new transformation seen in the opening has something to do with him realizing transformations are useless, looks like he'll use his normal form with some kind of higher control power up, maybe ultimate kaiokhen

Also, I once saw a theory based on EOZ Goku's gi colours, they perfectly match Grand Priest's ones and he could be his next master

Not so worried about Toyotaro statement, I feel Super like a warm up to the real new Dragon Ball, who will follow new generation adventures
With the money Super is making, is silly and funny even try to think DB could end again

If it'll go this good, will last for another decade or more

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:18 am

I like how Toyble says he likes drawing SSJ4. He is one of the few who actually mentions it.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:22 am

I'm not sure that super will past EoZ, but we'll see.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:30 am

They should just free themselves from the ending. It's a blip in the manga, a forced ending from another time in Mr.Toriyama's disposition towards Dragon Ball.
Personally I would save Goku development into a hands on master/teacher and Oob, who could potentially become an interesting character.

I'm not in any rush for any time-skips, bar new designs for some characters. There's literally potential for infinite adventures around the corner, there's no need to waste these ten years because of this. Eventually we will get there but there's so much to tell.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:37 am

The gr wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Toshio on twitter said "With several exciting fights, it will be the best franchise!"
Several figth :?: I thought it was going to be only one battle, and can anyone tell me who is toshio,I never heard about that name
It is one match yeah but we are gonna individual fights within it like Goku vs Jiren as teased by the OP.
Toshio is one of the script writers/ scenarioists for Super.

Psykomatik
Regular

Post by Psykomatik » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:46 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
The gr wrote:
It is one match yeah but we are gonna individual fights within it like Goku vs Jiren as teased by the OP.
I now belive this account is a fake. He tends to say "Hey, please watch this episode, i'm gonna be the script-writer". He did it for 86 and 87, but not for 88, while he was the script-writer (NewType got it wrong and said it was Yoshifumi Fukushima)

Plus, last time I asked him (after 87), he answered me that he'll be back for episode 90. Not 88.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:51 am

Psykomatik wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
The gr wrote: Several figth :?: I thought it was going to be only one battle, and can anyone tell me who is toshio,I never heard about that name
I now belive this account is a fake. He tends to say "Hey, please watch this episode, i'm gonna be the script-writer". He did it for 86 and 87, but not for 88, while he was the script-writer (NewType got it wrong and said it was Yoshifumi Fukushima)

Plus, last time I asked him (after 87), he answered me that he'll be back for episode 90. Not 88.
Ahh okay that's a shame. We've had fake accounts before so this wouldn't surprise me.

Oracle
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Oracle » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:01 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:I think she's definitely the same Saiyan seen in the opening. Compare the two pieces of art from V-jump side-by-side:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
They match up very well if you account for the increased bulk.

Now, as others (and myself) have pointed out, her bangs are different in the OP, being longer on the left side:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
But that can easily be explained by her just styling her hair differently. If she pulls down some of the longer strands right behind her bangs, it would be the perfect length for the ponytail look. She did have a timid look in the original preview, but considering that shot didn't make it into the OP, I think it might have been just some early work that got changed, like Jiren being a the Exhibition matches instead of Toppo.
I am still not convinced, even her hair looks like in a different shape and not spiky at all.

There is one frame of the gif where you can see how long her straight hair is in the back. Also one seems to be very scared and the other with a badass attitude. Maybe it's going to far into details but I think, after the Goku Black mystery, Toei just want to confuse the fans or Toriyama changed his mind about the design.

I don't see a problem with them coming with a Saiyajin named burokkori or broccoli. it is possible, right?

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:24 am

I'm just gonna wait and see how this female Broly thing. This whole "Toriyama changed something Toei made or Toei changed something Toriyama" seems kinda weird to talk about. Thus show is written and made months in advanced so I'm not sure how fans can come up with a conclusion like that.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:33 am

Oracle wrote:I am still not convinced, even her hair looks like in a different shape and not spiky at all.

There is one frame of the gif where you can see how long her straight hair is in the back. Also one seems to be very scared and the other with a badass attitude. Maybe it's going to far into details but I think, after the Goku Black mystery, Toei just want to confuse the fans or Toriyama changed his mind about the design.

I don't see a problem with them coming with a Saiyajin named burokkori or broccoli. it is possible, right?
If you freeze frame it, you can see that her hair is very spiky once the ponytail comes loose but before the green sets in:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

As for the attitude, her personality could have been changed in the writing process. Remember this?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

The only part of the original design that made it into the intro was that single shot of her scowling at the back of Jiren's head. There could be another Saiyan and I hope there will be, but I don't think it's this one. What's the point of giving her a related name, a base hairstyle evocative of Broly's SS form, a comment about her potential and a punk attitude just to fake out and have it be someone else? Caulifla's being built up with a small sub-plot but her current design doesn't appear in the intro or that group shot of the fighters a few episodes back. I think that's a clue as well.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:58 pm

Next episode will be fun to see if Goku and Chaozu finally interact with each other. I bet it won't happen. :lol:
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:20 pm

Big Black Saiyan wrote:I'm just gonna wait and see how this female Broly thing. This whole "Toriyama changed something Toei made or Toei changed something Toriyama" seems kinda weird to talk about. Thus show is written and made months in advanced so I'm not sure how fans can come up with a conclusion like that.
Because it wouldn't be the first time something from the preview is changed in the final product. Like the exhibition match originally had Jiren there.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:32 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:Next episode will be fun to see if Goku and Chaozu finally interact with each other. I bet it won't happen. :lol:
Is it true Goku and Chaiotzu have never spoken one word to each other in the entire span of Dragonball and DBZ?

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:36 pm

OLKv3 wrote:
Big Black Saiyan wrote:I'm just gonna wait and see how this female Broly thing. This whole "Toriyama changed something Toei made or Toei changed something Toriyama" seems kinda weird to talk about. Thus show is written and made months in advanced so I'm not sure how fans can come up with a conclusion like that.
Because it wouldn't be the first time something from the preview is changed in the final product. Like the exhibition match originally had Jiren there.
It was still a character wearing a cloak tho. Some folks are under impression girl in red/female Broly won't appear at all.