"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by TheOne » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:32 pm

perucho1990 wrote:They need to end the tournament before the anime quality goes down, the Top animators will be busy working in the movie and making sure its great.
You could already see the poor quality animation this weekend
How i predict the tournament will end:

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:45 pm

precita wrote:There's no way the TOP is ending before March, it'll probably end by mid-March.

Toppo/Dyspo versus U7 is bound to go on a few episodes, and then the climax with Jiren probably won't be any less than 4-5 episodes. Then there's still the aftermath of whatever happens directly after the tournament ends, if the universes get brought back, what happens with Freeza, etc.

That'll probably be 3 more months worth of episodes in this arc, not even counting whatever slice of life filler happens after.
I highly doubt that since the only fight in Super that lasted that long was Beerus vs. Goku. Goku vs. the U6 Saiyans lasted four and it had multiple stages instead of being one long fight with one person.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:53 pm

TheOne wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:They need to end the tournament before the anime quality goes down, the Top animators will be busy working in the movie and making sure its great.
Eh, it was far more on display in episode 119 than 120, even though 120 was definitely iffy in places.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:27 am

JazzMazz wrote:
TheOne wrote:
Eh, it was far more on display in episode 119 than 120, even though 120 was definitely iffy in places.
That wasn't because of the movie, that was more likely because we're coming up on the big battle between U7 and U11.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:28 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
TheOne wrote:
That wasn't because of the movie, that was more likely because we're coming up on the big battle between U7 and U11.
Yeah, I was just saying that it 119 was far better example of the production tanking a little within this arc.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:40 am

JazzMazz wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:
JazzMazz wrote: Eh, it was far more on display in episode 119 than 120, even though 120 was definitely iffy in places.
Yeah, I was just saying that it 119 was far better example of the production tanking a little within this arc.
That message was less directed at you and more at other people reading the thread.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:07 am

JazzMazz wrote:Using what, the Dragonballs that were used to previously revive him?

Don't people remember that the Dragonball can't grant the same wish twice?
Oh, that's right. Well, he can use the ones from New Namekku.
Noah wrote:And it would be OOC if Goku didn't kept his promise?
He has no reason not to.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:35 am

alakazam^ wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:Using what, the Dragonballs that were used to previously revive him?

Don't people remember that the Dragonball can't grant the same wish twice?
Oh, that's right. Well, he can use the ones from New Namekku.
Noah wrote:And it would be OOC if Goku didn't kept his promise?
He has no reason not to.
That would depend if Goku doesn't take Freeza at his exact word since Freeza said to used the Earth's Dragon Balls to revived him. He never said that Goku 'had' to actually revive him.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:58 am

HeroR wrote:That would depend if Goku doesn't take Freeza at his exact word since Freeza said to used the Earth's Dragon Balls to revived him. He never said that Goku 'had' to actually revive him.
The condition is his revival, that's the promess made.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:04 am

alakazam^ wrote:
HeroR wrote:That would depend if Goku doesn't take Freeza at his exact word since Freeza said to used the Earth's Dragon Balls to revived him. He never said that Goku 'had' to actually revive him.
The condition is his revival, that's the promess made.
The condition was Goku used the Earth's Dragon Balls to revive him. Goku even said that Frieza should just revived himself with the Super Dragon Balls since he had no plans doing it himself.
Kanassa wrote:

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:26 am

Using Earth's Dragon Balls is the only other means Freeza knows Goku can use since it's not guaranteed he'd win the Super Dragon Balls, that's why he mentioned them. They aren't part of the promise, just a means to an end.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:33 am

Kenneth La Torre wrote:God dammit. I really want spoilers for 122 already. I want to know if vegeta is gonna get hummiliated, or hummiliated and trown of (there seems to be no other option, hes up against basically a god of destruction, or even worst)
It'll turn out the same as Vegeta vs Beerus in the manga.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:20 am

JazzMazz wrote:Yeah, I was just saying that it 119 was far better example of the production tanking a little within this arc.
You mean wanking, right?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

JazzMazz
I Live Here

Post by JazzMazz » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am

Noah wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:Yeah, I was just saying that it 119 was far better example of the production tanking a little within this arc.
You mean wanking, right?
You mean tanking? Because wanking isn't really an apt description... :?

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:43 am

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:God dammit. I really want spoilers for 122 already. I want to know if vegeta is gonna get hummiliated, or hummiliated and trown of (there seems to be no other option, hes up against basically a god of destruction, or even worst)
It'll turn out the same as Vegeta vs Beerus in the manga.
Most likely

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:07 am

Kinda thinking there's going to be a conclusion to the Toppo vs. Vegeta battle, I don't think he'll aim for Jiren immediately.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:32 am

Michsi wrote:Kinda thinking there's going to be a conclusion to the Toppo vs. Vegeta battle, I don't think he'll aim for Jiren immediately.
Nah I think he will go straight for Jiren. Once they finish being all dramatic about the pride troopers vs the z fighters, I think Vegeta will make it known that he wants to challenge Jiren first.
How i predict the tournament will end:

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:45 am

According to Ken Xyro, we will get episodes 122-123 spoilers, this week.

This should be interesting, will Vegeta survive Jiren and get UI or will he be eliminated?

Supersaiyanbulla
Temporarily Banned

Post by Supersaiyanbulla » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:05 am

perucho1990 wrote:According to Ken Xyro, we will get episodes 122-123 spoilers, this week.

This should be interesting, will Vegeta survive Jiren and get UI or will he be eliminated?
Along if he gets UI I’ll be fine.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:06 am

TheOne wrote:
Michsi wrote:Kinda thinking there's going to be a conclusion to the Toppo vs. Vegeta battle, I don't think he'll aim for Jiren immediately.
Nah I think he will go straight for Jiren. Once they finish being all dramatic about the pride troopers vs the z fighters, I think Vegeta will make it known that he wants to challenge Jiren first.
That would make their whole previous interaction kinda pointless, though it might've really just meant they needed a side-fight to fill the time.