"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:16 pm

After seeing all 80 warriors I think the final battles will be

Universe 6 vs Universe 7

Goku vs Caulifla and Kale
Vegeta vs Cabba
Piccolo vs Universe 6 Namekians
Frieza vs Hit
Gohan vs Frost

Then Goku and 2 others will face Jiren, Toppo and Dyspo.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:18 pm

I get the sinking suspicion that the poster depicting all of those fighters is an indication of who will receive any proper exhibition in the tournament. It's only a handful of characters with presumably everyone else being one-note sacrificial pawns. Are we to assume most of the other fighters will receive the Nigrisshi treatment? It sounds underwhelming if only those poster characters will be fleshed out to any meaningful degree.

The colouring scheme of the new transformation looks really good, in my opinion. I don't like brandishing even more Super Saiyan forms, but this one definitely looks impressive from an aesthetics standpoint. Some arrangement of conditions must have been particularly met for Goku to attain it. Would he have acquired the form otherwise? The only transformation he unlocked in the heat of the moment without proper training and conditioning was the first Super Saiyan form back on Namek; everything else he's had to work strenuously to unlock. It also begs the question of whether Vegeta will gain it or not.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:22 pm

Lionel wrote:I get the sinking suspicion that the poster depicting all of those fighters is an indication of who will receive any proper exhibition in the tournament. It's only a handful of characters with presumably everyone else being one-note sacrificial pawns.
Are you talking about this or something else?

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:27 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
Simere wrote:I like a lot of Toyotaro's V-Jump cover art, but that Caulifla is a real dud. Hope it's not indicative of things to come from him with her.
She has an expression very similar to freeza.. That's quite surprising
I'd say more a Majin Vegeta face
I was making comparisons based on the freeza image of that very poster..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:29 pm

Simere wrote:
Lionel wrote:I get the sinking suspicion that the poster depicting all of those fighters is an indication of who will receive any proper exhibition in the tournament. It's only a handful of characters with presumably everyone else being one-note sacrificial pawns.
Are you talking about this or something else?
Yes, that's it. I think most of the characters depicted in that poster are going to be the main attractions of this tournament. Most others will probably earn some minor fight scenes and dialogue before being defeated. I would like this expectation be proven wrong though. The manga tends to be more concise and centre focused than the anime. If they did receive some heavier focus then I suspect it would mirror what we saw of the five Pride Troopers who were given an entire episode to demonstrate their teamwork and abilities being getting collectively eliminated.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:33 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:Now how long until they ruin this form like blue XD
Toyotaro should have more creative control over the series by 2018, so it should be handled fine.
I would love to have that, in fact they should have done it sooner, but fact is, there is nothing to base this statement on, we have no idea whatsoever if or not his involvement will increase or decrease by then..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:37 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:Gojiitaaf recently posted that there is confirmation TOP will last until November 2017
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Nothing in that scan mentions the Tournament of Power ending.

Those timetables are only going up to November, they don't mean everything ends at that point in time. The top row is for Super Dragon Ball Heroes' sets and they wouldn't have the 7th set only last less than half a month.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:41 pm

The gr wrote:
He is clearly holding back when he used that form against uub,because ki control
    -everyone in 2018
    The new sacred form....will use in every mundane and unnecessary opportunity XD

But no really this might be the first good new form since 4...maybe...wanna see it first on screen before I'm sure.
    Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Noah
    Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:42 pm

You mean by overusing it?
    乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Grimlock
    Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:43 pm

alakazam^ wrote:The top row is for Super Dragon Ball Heroes' sets and they wouldn't have the 7th set only last less than half a month.
    That's because Heroes always updates in middle of the month. The sets last two months as always have been.

Thanks for the clarification though. Gojitaaf sure knows how to get clickbait. :P
    We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

ShinTenshin
    Beyond Newbie

Post by ShinTenshin » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:45 pm

The color in the hair seems definitely not a simple reflection of the aura. My bet is that like Goku's eyes, the hair will have a good amount of silver. Like 3/4 of Black hair and 1/4 of Silver hair. It's strange no one noticed this. I'm really the only one to be sure that the color that appear in the Black hair isn't the result of the aura ?

Ki Breaker
    Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:52 pm

alakazam^ wrote:
    Ki Breaker wrote:Gojiitaaf recently posted that there is confirmation TOP will last until November 2017
    [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
    Nothing in that scan mentions the Tournament of Power ending.

Those timetables are only going up to November, they don't mean everything ends at that point in time. The top row is for Super Dragon Ball Heroes' sets and they wouldn't have the 7th set only last less than half a month.
    Oh I see, thanks for the clarification buddy.. :thumbup:
    dbzfan7 wrote: But no really this might be the first good new form since 4...maybe...wanna see it first on screen before I'm sure.
    This indeed looks stunning, 4 wasn't a great looking form but it was different and that's good enough..
    Hopefully blue is dropped never to be used again after this

Lord Frieza
    I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:13 pm

This sounds intreasting. Apparently Universe 1 has species that are purely spirital in nature.

Baggie_Saiyan
    Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:14 pm

ShinTenshin wrote:The color in the hair seems definitely not a simple reflection of the aura. My bet is that like Goku's eyes, the hair will have a good amount of silver. Like 3/4 of Black hair and 1/4 of Silver hair. It's strange no one noticed this. I'm really the only one to be sure that the color that appear in the Black hair isn't the result of the aura ?
    Now you mention it... Initially I thought it was typical Yamamuro highlights but now I'm second guessing... Hmmmm. Perhaps the final version the hair is completely silver?

emperior
    I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:21 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:This sounds intreasting. Apparently Universe 1 has species that are purely spirital in nature.
    Where did you read it?
    悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Nero<>Akira
    Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Nero<>Akira » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:24 pm

If you look closer at his eyes, they don't look cat like. his pupils are black and there's white in there too. possibly a glare.
    Zamasu is the best DB villain besides Freeza (and this is only the case because the current Super arc elevated Freeza to be that good).

Baggie_Saiyan
    Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:25 pm

emperior wrote:
    Lord Frieza wrote:This sounds intreasting. Apparently Universe 1 has species that are purely spirital in nature.
    Where did you read it?
    Check Herms twitter, there was some info on the exempt universes in that spread.

Of course naturally everything is being buried by the big thing.

ArchedThunder
    Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:26 pm

emperior wrote:
    Where did you read it?
    https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/898246177409216512

Lord Frieza
    I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:35 pm

Nero<>Akira wrote:If you look closer at his eyes, they don't look cat like. his pupils are black and there's white in there too. possibly a glare.
    I've zoomed in as much as I can and I'm still not shore one way or another.

I dont recall glares ever cutting that much into the puple in any art befor and puple seems to cut into the clare also. At least on the left eye.

The right eye is harder to make out. At a distance it seems semi rounded but whn I zoomed in it looked more lik a slit. I think we are just gonna have to wait and see.

precita
    Banned

Post by precita » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:36 pm

So if this new power is what let's Goku possibly beat Jiren, is it safe to say Goku is stronger than Beerus now? If Jiren was stronger than a God of Destruction, Goku should be now too.