"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by MagmonKai » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:37 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
JulianStyles wrote:We need a 3 or 4 episode leak now!
Not until about 7th September.

Don't we have a break coming up so will there be a Weekly Vjump this week?

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:50 pm

MagmonKai wrote:Don't we have a break coming up so will there be a Weekly Vjump this week?
There should be one this week since the break comes the week after 106.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:56 pm

A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:11 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
If it does end in November then that is still plenty of time dor the Namekians. The Nigrisshi thing is obviously Toei and their nonsense hype.

What is the Nail treatment?

Toriyama is not going to create 2 Namekians just to make a joke out of them, unless he wants to make Piccolo fans go completely mad.

Stop putting Piccolo in this low tier for no reason and why would Piccolo only have 1 big fight episode as anyone but Goku coulf be in this low category. Why does no one say this about 18 who is definitely weaker than Piccolo. It just proves people want him to fail so they can make a joke or to say 'I was right'.
Badass namekians being used to hype how strong the main antagonist is(Like kinda Nail was to Freeza in the namek Saga), I bet that Namekians duo vs Piccolo fight will get interrupted by either Jiren or Toppo.
RedHeat wrote: I disagree. Kale has a much bigger role to play later on, or else they wouldn't've given her the ability to control her form, and Caulilfa's obviously getting a higher form.

Will one of them be ringed-out as setup? Sure, but I'm gonna bet Kale's gonna be alone with Hit before U6's annihilation.
Kale already had 2 episodes focused on her development, I think it will Cauliflas turn to shine later on. I have the feeling Kale will job to a powered up Ribrianne.

Hit raised a big losing flag when he mentioned that he will reach it the finals, he might get eliminated before cracking the Final 10(Vegeta, 17 also risk to being eliminated sooner than expected).
There is no way in hell Hitto won't reach the final 10, he can easily crack the top 5. The finalists will be: Jiren, Toppo, Hitto Kale, Goku, Vegeta and Frieza, A-17, Frost and Gohan.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:42 pm

Piccolo having some one-on-two philosophical harangue that's based on the respective evolutionary processes of the Namekians in Universe 6 compared with 7 and how he grew to be so powerful is the most I would expect from Piccolo individually. Toriyama and Toyotaro don't appear to have any special plans in mind for him. Why? Who can say. Maybe they feel trying to elevate his power to comparable levels with the Saiyans is too big a literary hurdle that they don't wish to put on their shoulders. Maybe they feel enough characters are having longevous writing commitments provided to them so adding any more isn't necessary. Hell! Maybe it's something small like not wanting to take the time to consistently draw all of the seamed intricacies of his arms and chest. Whatever the cause may be, I'm keeping tempered expectations with him.

If Piccolo can get even a tenth of the quality screentime that the Saiyans have been receiving then I would consider that to be a job well done, given the state of affairs we've devolved into.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:27 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:Ending 9 - Bardock's version by FBurning
Wrong thread, mate
But, I like it. This guy is very talented
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:08 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
MagmonKai wrote:Don't we have a break coming up so will there be a Weekly Vjump this week?
So this week there's no super?
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:10 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
So this week there's no super?
No episode September 10th. Two more episodes

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:35 pm

Can time manipulation be learned or is it special ability users only..
Whis should have learnt it from somewhere.. unless every angle has it..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:42 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
JulianStyles wrote:We need a 3 or 4 episode leak now!
Not until about 7th September.
How do you find out when they come out?

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:47 pm

JulianStyles wrote:
How do you find out when they come out?
It's usually around 10th of each month, but usually they leak earlier.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:59 am

Shinda Forever wrote: There is no way in hell Hitto won't reach the final 10, he can easily crack the top 5. The finalists will be: Jiren, Toppo, Hitto Kale, Goku, Vegeta and Frieza, A-17, Frost and Gohan.
Why would there be 5 fighters from Universe 7? Gohan, Frost and Kale will be useless here. This will definitely not be the final 10 for the tournament.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:01 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote: There is no way in hell Hitto won't reach the final 10, he can easily crack the top 5. The finalists will be: Jiren, Toppo, Hitto Kale, Goku, Vegeta and Frieza, A-17, Frost and Gohan.
Why would there be 5 fighters from Universe 7? Gohan, Frost and Kale will be useless here. This will definitely not be the final 10 for the tournament.
Gohan useless? I don't think so buddy.
And people are really underestimating Kale.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:09 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:Why would there be 5 fighters from Universe 7? Gohan, Frost and Kale will be useless here.
Who do you think will reach the top 10 ? Goku, Vegeta, Freeza, Hit, Toppo & Jerin are pretty much gaurenteed. They've been keeping quite on the Namakiens so I'd assume one would make it. I'd put Kale there based on her taking on Blue Goku but they're very inconsistant with its power and said that fat thing was on her and Jerin's level yet the gap between the 3 of them is huge.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:12 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Gohan useless? I don't think so buddy.
And people are really underestimating Kale.
In a battle with the rest, he is useless and there is too much false hype being created from nothing. If he did well in this last 10 it would be because he had help.

We have seen everything Kale can do and it is not good enough to do any real damage to the top fighters.
sintzu wrote:
Who do you think will reach the top 10 ? Goku, Vegeta, Freeza, Hit, Toppo & Jerin are pretty much gaurenteed. They've been keeping quite on the Namakiens so I'd assume one would make it. I'd put Kale there based on her taking on Blue Goku but they're very inconsistant with its power and said that fat thing was on her and Jerin's level yet the gap between the 3 of them is huge.
I am thinking who will be able to do something in the final battles. Kale will not be able to do anything against Goku, Frieza, Jiren and Toppo and will she even be able to fight properly without Caulifla? If a Universe 6 Namekian does make it than it will probably be Saonel.

The guarantees for the last 10 I think are Jiren, Toppo, Hit Goku and Frieza.
Lionel wrote:Piccolo having some one-on-two philosophical harangue that's based on the respective evolutionary processes of the Namekians in Universe 6 compared with 7 and how he grew to be so powerful is the most I would expect from Piccolo individually. Toriyama and Toyotaro don't appear to have any special plans in mind for him. Why? Who can say. Maybe they feel trying to elevate his power to comparable levels with the Saiyans is too big a literary hurdle that they don't wish to put on their shoulders. Maybe they feel enough characters are having longevous writing commitments provided to them so adding any more isn't necessary. Hell! Maybe it's something small like not wanting to take the time to consistently draw all of the seamed intricacies of his arms and chest. Whatever the cause may be, I'm keeping tempered expectations with him.

If Piccolo can get even a tenth of the quality screentime that the Saiyans have been receiving then I would consider that to be a job well done, given the state of affairs we've devolved into.
The negativity seems to be getting even worse. When it comes to having too many characters then that is a bad excuse since that just brought back Frieza and 17 while having Gohan train. Making a character stronger is the easiest thing in the show so that is not a problem. I doubt Toei are telling Toriyama that they don't like drawimg Piccolo unless Toei really are that bad.

Every week that we get no Piccolo or the Universe 6 Namekians then the better it will be.

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:12 am

omaro34 wrote:
Whatever wrote:
HeroR wrote:
As a Gohan fan, I want Piccolo away from Piccolo since it seems Piccolo's entire character in this arc is tied to Gohan. Gohan is a big boy, you can seperate from him.
But Gohan needs a sacrificial lamb to take the blow for him for when he screws up and we can't use Goku like in the Cell saga since Goku is gonna get a new form.
That doesn't mean Gohan and Piccolo have to be together at almost every moment in this tournament. Gohan is a big man, he doesn't need encouraging words when you're fighting for survival for crying out loud.

Let Piccolo be the sacrificial lamb then, I'm ok with that as a worst case scenario as long as Piccolo ends up performing well in the tournament and isn't a pushover. If he fights valiantly against those Namekians and takes out another respectable fighter then I'm satisfied.
Its a staple at this point,even in dbz most of the time Gohan screwed up somebody else paid the price for his mistake and its not limited to Piccolo,in the Cell saga Trunks and Goku died because of his mistake.
The least they could for Piccolo is him taking out Frost but considering he is working with Freeza and is plot relevant for some reason,then it seems its not happening.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:21 am

Dunno if this has been noted but saw on my TL that Toshio was praising Toriyama for the potential Goku's new form, guess that's that, dunno why people thought a newbie like Toyo was gonna design something so significant.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:24 am

Whatever wrote:
omaro34 wrote:
Whatever wrote: But Gohan needs a sacrificial lamb to take the blow for him for when he screws up and we can't use Goku like in the Cell saga since Goku is gonna get a new form.
That doesn't mean Gohan and Piccolo have to be together at almost every moment in this tournament. Gohan is a big man, he doesn't need encouraging words when you're fighting for survival for crying out loud.

Let Piccolo be the sacrificial lamb then, I'm ok with that as a worst case scenario as long as Piccolo ends up performing well in the tournament and isn't a pushover. If he fights valiantly against those Namekians and takes out another respectable fighter then I'm satisfied.
Its a staple at this point,even in dbz most of the time Gohan screwed up somebody else paid the price for his mistake and its not limited to Piccolo,in the Cell saga Trunks and Goku died because of his mistake.
The least they could for Piccolo is him taking out Frost but considering he is working with Freeza and is plot relevant for some reason,then it seems its not happening.
What exactly can Frost and Frieza do apart from being the only 2 competitors left so both Universe 6 and 7 survive and then they get the wish which will allow Frieza to be brought back to life. This is not going to happen.

Frost is going to try what he done to Krillin to someone powerful and that will be the end of him.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:51 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Dunno if this has been noted but saw on my TL that Toshio was praising Toriyama for the potential Goku's new form, guess that's that, dunno why people thought a newbie like Toyo was gonna design something so significant.
People thought Toyo designed Goku's new form?
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Vegeta-Sama
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Vegeta-Sama » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:32 am

Anyone else hopes Frieza will win the ToP?