"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:18 pm

greeZH wrote:All the whining on Youtube really makes me root for Brianne. Foolishly, I watched a MaSTAR Media video about the next episode. :roll:

Glad she gets a new form. Not surprised though. Just hope she looks closer to her base form than to her first transformation. :lol:
Oh Yea, That Video...... :lolno: ........Yea I had a similar reaction too it and I barely watched for a 1 min at best while jumping around it to hopefully hear something constructive on Brianne and where she needs to go to be an effective character. But sadly as with some others, all I heard was again whining. I get tired of whining, we need constructive criticism to help make a character better, this stuff has gotten old awhile ago :yawn:

I am glad to hear you are rooting for Brianne GreeZH and it is nice to meet you, indeed it has been exciting around here talking about the New Transformation.

Honestly I have been pleased by the positive reaction, it some ways it has been talked about just as much as the 116 fight and Caulifla and Kale being ringed-out, that is impressive! Their is allot more talk about it then I thought, it has lighten a fire under many fans curiosity to see what happens with Brianne, it is nice to see. :)
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:28 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:I hope Ribrianne turns into something similair to super sailor moon or something like with wings and shit. also i'd really like to see her trash 18. her attitude in the tournament has been unbearable.
It be nice to be a kind of homage cross between her Cure Honey from Precure who the voice actress of Brianne voiced as well and a Sailor Moon Major Power-Up Homage look like a the Supers or Eternal look. The Eternal Look is the one with the wings.

Honestly I am suprised 18 will last even against Ribrianne's regular transformation for a length of time, even if 18 should have one more major battle it still a-little surprising. But their is no way she will last more then a few seconds against Brianne's New Form, once that happens 18 is done!
My #1 in DB!

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:31 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote:I hope Ribrianne turns into something similair to super sailor moon or something like with wings and shit. also i'd really like to see her trash 18. her attitude in the tournament has been unbearable.
It be nice to be a kind of homage cross between her Cure Honey from Precure who the voice actress of Brianne voiced as well and a Sailor Moon Major Power-Up Homage look like a the Supers or Eternal look. The Eternal Look is the one with the wings.

Honestly I am suprised 18 will last even against Ribrianne's regular transformation for a length of time, even if 18 should have one more major battle it still a-little surprising. But their is no way she will last more then a few seconds against Brianne's New Form, once that happens 18 is done!
Anyways do you think that big version of her in the preview is her transformation or something before she transforms? She appeared to share the same glow base Brianne was exhibiting

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:32 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote:

Actually 18 shouldn't be able to even match current Ribrianne unless they're buffing the hell out of 18 out of no where now. tbh it's refreshing to see a fan of U2 with all the hate they get in the fandom.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:33 pm

I keep rewatching the preview and that 18 face, she realized she did the worst mistake of her life.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:41 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:
Noah wrote:So what? You can't hate 18 if you like 17 it's like being a Gohan fan and hating Piccolo, that makes no sense!
Petty sure i can lol just because they're siblings doesn't mean i need to love both. 18 never appealed to me personally.
But, she's cool man :(
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:43 pm

pacz360 wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:

Anyways do you think that big version of her in the preview is her transformation or something before she transforms? She appeared to share the same glow base Brianne was exhibiting
I just went back and looked over it a few times, it is the moment where both Ribrianne and 18 are having a Beam Struggle(its Dragon Ball, when don't we have a Beam Struggle?! :lol:). If that is the moment you are refering too Pacz360 and I can see why cause her glow it similar to the coming transformation;

It is a NO, because that is Base form Ribrianne, the girl we have seen threwout the ToP after her 1st transformation in episode 102.

If I had to Theories what the Glow "Maybe" is, it could her New Power starting to Manifest itself within her, Ribrianne pushing herself to new Limits and Possibilities. Could be that, would be an interesting add-on to her New Transformation Journey. :idea: :thumbup:
My #1 in DB!

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:44 pm

Noah wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote:
Noah wrote:So what? You can't hate 18 if you like 17 it's like being a Gohan fan and hating Piccolo, that makes no sense!
Petty sure i can lol just because they're siblings doesn't mean i need to love both. 18 never appealed to me personally.
But, she's cool man :(
used to be over a decade ago when she fought with Vegeta. her coolness faded after that fight.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:45 pm

perucho1990 wrote:I keep rewatching the preview and that 18 face, she realized she did the worst mistake of her life.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
If you notice she also looks tied up with something that i can't explain what it is. also it's been awhile since i've seen 18 this scared.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:55 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:

Actually 18 shouldn't be able to even match current Ribrianne unless they're buffing the hell out of 18 out of no where now. tbh it's refreshing to see a fan of U2 with all the hate they get in the fandom.
Well the Buffing Ideal I am sad to say seems to be the case here.

I get why toei might be doing it, letting 18 have a Final Fight that looks good before she goes, but Yea NO with all Due-Respects to 18, with the Level of Power Ribrianne has shown it should not have been a close match. So IMO it is just Toei again Nerfing a character, Again, that showed Grand Power before to add Force Drama. It does get annoying sometimes, especially when it happens to your favorite and you have to explain WHY that happen but really their is not good reason why. :problem:

Also, Thanks for the Nice Post about My Fandom for U2. It is nice to step back and to hear respect like this for My Fandom, espically knowing at times what kind battles it leads to sometimes. But it does not effect me really that much either, I have been threw Wars in Comic Book threads for Years about much more controversial things that would turn our Hair Grey. So while this can get jarring at times it is nicer compared to those past ones.

Indeed Thanks for the Respect Again for My U2 and Brianne/Ribrianne Fandom Lapislettuce and to You for you 17 Fandom, I see you defending 17 Allot in these forums in some pretty Jarring Debates, Well Done on them, they are interesting to witness and Read and I GET where your coming from with them! :thumbup:
My #1 in DB!

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:02 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote:
pacz360 wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:

I just went back and looked over it a few times, it is the moment where both Ribrianne and 18 are having a Beam Struggle(its Dragon Ball, when don't we have a Beam Struggle?! :lol:). If that is the moment you are refering too Pacz360 and I can see why cause her glow it similar to the coming transformation;

It is a NO, because that is Base form Ribrianne, the girl we have seen threwout the ToP after her 1st transformation in episode 102.

If I had to Theories what the Glow "Maybe" is, it could her New Power starting to Manifest itself within her, Ribrianne pushing herself to new Limits and Possibilities. Could be that, would be an interesting add-on to her New Transformation Journey. :idea: :thumbup:
Hope so goku mention it was terrifying
Hopefully she'll show why she was hyped

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:04 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote:
Well the Buffing Ideal I am sad to say seems to be the case here.

I get why toei might be doing it, letting 18 have a Final Fight that looks good before she goes, but Yea NO with all Due-Respects to 18, with the Level of Power Ribrianne has shown it should not have been a close match. So IMO it is just Toei again Nerfing a character, Again, that showed Grand Power before to add Force Drama. It does get annoying sometimes, especially when it happens to your favorite and you have to explain WHY that happen but really their is not good reason why. :problem:

Also, Thanks for the Nice Post about My Fandom for U2. It is nice to step back and to hear respect like this for My Fandom, espically knowing at times what kind battles it leads to sometimes. But it does not effect me really that much either, I have been threw Wars in Comic Book threads for Years about much more controversial things that would turn our Hair Grey. So while this can get jarring at times it is nicer compared to those past ones.

Indeed Thanks for the Respect Again for My U2 and Brianne/Ribrianne Fandom Lapislettuce and to You for you 17 Fandom, I see you defending 17 Allot in these forums in some pretty Jarring Debates, Well Done on them, they are interesting to witness and Read and I GET where your coming from with them! :thumbup:
And notice that 18 has no scratches in the preview, so basically 18 stomped Brianne before she got her powerup(Brianne had scratches on her face). Now Brianne in her new form has to stomp 18 in order to regain credibility, otherwise no one would take her seriously once she fights 17 again.

Big Chief
Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Chief » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:05 pm

perucho1990 wrote:I keep rewatching the preview and that 18 face, she realized she did the worst mistake of her life.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
She's a goner. But this does make me wonder, if 18 falls in 117, then who gets eliminated in 119? My guess is whoever causes the Universe to be erased in 118.
Some know me as GigglesMcFiggles.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:30 pm

pacz360 wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:
pacz360 wrote: Anyways do you think that big version of her in the preview is her transformation or something before she transforms? She appeared to share the same glow base Brianne was exhibiting

Hope so goku mention it was terrifying
Hopefully she'll show why she was hyped
I Certainly am Hoping so and I just want to Lay it Out Plainly Here;

I have been Proud of this Character Brianne/Ribrianne for Several Reasons that I have stated in the past, but as of Now she NEEDS this allot, this New Transformation to be Viable in staying in at this point. Everything changed when Jiren's Reveal his true power and Goku went UI. Now to stay characters need to show they are more then what they where when they started this.

I am not speaking as a Fan that NEEDS Brianne to be #1 in the ToP, what is important is that she has a Top-Tier Good Showing!

That Means showing a Level of Power, Fighting Skill and Abilities that puts her on the Top Tier with the Best-of-The-Best! She does not have to be Top, Goku and Jiren can be that forever for all I care, it is that she is One of the Best in the League of Top Warriors. With that her ideals and meaning as a regular person and as a warrior are crystallized and evolved as she evolves as a character. That she shows Universe 2 is a Powerhouse and Important Universe to take notice of both in its Warriors as well as its Mortal Level.

That Brianne is Their Champion for a Reason and she Proves that the Best her Character can Prove that! :thumbup:

My #1 in DB!

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:33 pm

Big Chief wrote: She's a goner. But this does make me wonder, if 18 falls in 117, then who gets eliminated in 119? My guess is whoever causes the Universe to be erased in 118.
If 17 defeats Brianne, I'm going with 17 because he will be severely dmgd, if Brianne defeats 17 along with 18 then I'm going with Piccolo.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:42 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
Big Chief wrote: She's a goner. But this does make me wonder, if 18 falls in 117, then who gets eliminated in 119? My guess is whoever causes the Universe to be erased in 118.
If 17 defeats Brianne, I'm going with 17 because he will be severely dmgd, if Brianne defeats 17 along with 18 then I'm going with Piccolo.
Just going by the Previews we go so far this is my Theory;

* 18 will be Ringed-Out by Brianne in her New Transformation either in episode 117 or 118.
* The Universe gone Sadly in 118 I think is U6 in a Fight with U7, but I keep hoping it is U3 instead.
* Piccolo is the one to go in 119 when U4 gets serious!
My #1 in DB!

Pkjoan

Post by Pkjoan » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:45 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
I don't think it's Piccolo. It's probably 18 or 17 because Piccolo still has to finish at least one of the namekians.

I can see the battle going other way though:

-Androids vs U2
-18 and 17 elimininate most of U2
-Brianne transforms
-Brianne fights 18
-Something happens
-Brianne retreats
-118 is about U6 being eliminated
-119 is either Piccolo being threatened by the bugs or the androids vs the bugs

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:44 am

Lapislettuce wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
If you notice she also looks tied up with something that i can't explain what it is. also it's been awhile since i've seen 18 this scared.
What it looks like it Pink Energy, like a Pink Ribbon maybe which if you know Sailor Moon is a classic style of energy ribbons they used to transform, so it would make sense for these Magical Girls to have a Similar Ribbon but they have it as a weapon, which is smart. Also she is encased in a Heart, so she is double trapped by Brianne. Brianne is taking no chances of letting her escape or stop her transformation, IMO Very Smart Ring tactics, she learned what she did wrong in 102 in being in the open with 17, so Brianne is NOT about to Make the Same mistake again, Smart Girl! ;)

As for 18's Face, Yea I think it even goes Beyond Scared, it is a Scared but at the same-time 18 looks like she is seeing something PROFOUND she never expected and will be her and maybe allot of fighters in the ToP's undoing. As I said in another post, you can only push someone so far and press so many of their buttons before you break them to a point where they will have had it and get down to business.

My Guess is that 18 said to many smarty-pants words to Ribrianne and about her team, this along with maybe losing more of her teammates, will all come together and be a Major Part of what drives Brianne to Awaken this New Transformation/Power!

18 will be Reaping the Seeds she Sowed and if one know anything about Magical Girls, you can only push them so far until they Go Breaker Level on You! ;)
My #1 in DB!

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:32 am

Regarding 18 - she had two unlikable moments , when she badmouthed Krillin and when she got angry at 17 for saving her, and if memory serves, both those scenes were written by Toshio? Could it be this is how he sees her, as a grade A tsundere? She was fine in Krillin's episode.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:34 am

Michsi wrote:Regarding 18 - she had two unlikable moments , when she badmouthed Krillin and when she got angry at 17 for saving her, and if memory serves, both those scenes were written by Toshio? Could it be this is how he sees her, as a grade A tsundere? She was fine in Krillin's episode.
The Kuririn episode was written by Toshio, the bad mouthing happened the episode after. Toshio wrote the second example though.

Also, I really don't see what was so bad about her not wanting to appear weak.