"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dblack
Beyond Newbie

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by dblack » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:38 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
dblack wrote:Having a strong feeling Goku's line about Whis being "away" will be important.

I hope Future Trunks sees Whis and freaks out like "you follow the monster!" A future-God of destruction-Goku could be a cool idea.

Unfortunately Id bet the farm it's time-breaker Bardock. The interview where he says "the gods, kaioshin, and omni-king will be dragged in!" is what convinces me. Why would he specifically mention kaio's with those other big entities when they haven't been important forever unless he plans on unveiling the kaioshin of time. Still would be a cool story don't get me wrong but I'd like something new and original.
There is no scar on his cheek.
There is no scar on Goku Black's cheek? Where did you see a picture of him?
http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/File:DBH_3.JPG Image
Check out that image and tell me it doesn't look exactly like those red eyes in the fog of the NEP.

Psykomatik
Regular

Post by Psykomatik » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:43 pm

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:52 pm

Psykomatik wrote:

Nice, we get to see more and in details. Too bad Goku Black isn't wearing Time Breaker/Patrol clothes... Still, I hope he brings something new and creative to the plot, avoiding be another Turles.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:53 pm

Psykomatik wrote:
Cant want to see a full shot of Goku Black. Goku looks good in black and fits a villain role for some reason, I mean that evil smirk suits him

dblack
Beyond Newbie

Post by dblack » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:57 pm

Hadn't seen that picture but it makes me pretty excited. That evil smirk does look awesome. I wondered where all the potara earring talk came from.

dblack
Beyond Newbie

Post by dblack » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:04 pm

Potential plot hole though. If the fusion is what makes him so strong, could just gather dragon balls and wish them un-fused like Kibito-Kai.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:17 pm

dblack wrote:Potential plot hole though. If the fusion is what makes him so strong, could just gather dragon balls and wish them un-fused like Kibito-Kai.
It depends, Shenron cant grant something exceeding his creators power. I'm pretty sure this evil being is way above that.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:07 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
dblack wrote:Potential plot hole though. If the fusion is what makes him so strong, could just gather dragon balls and wish them un-fused like Kibito-Kai.
It depends, Shenron cant grant something exceeding his creators power. I'm pretty sure this evil being is way above that.
Worked on Kibitoshin. He's far above Shenlong and Porunga. But perhaps you have to be willing to submit to the request maybe? Goku turned down being teleported back to earth since he was too strong for Shenlong to force him back.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

dblack
Beyond Newbie

Post by dblack » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:09 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
Fair enough, makes sense. Beerus terrified Shenron so him refusing to grant that wish wouldn't surprise me.

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:13 pm

I'm sure this has been asked plenty of times before, but do you guys think we'll get a new opening song (Or will we just get a couple new animations?) this week, as I'm pretty tired of the current one. :shifty:

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:19 pm

I feel like if we were flat out getting a brand new opening (as in new song, new everything), they'd probably have teased that announcement already. Chances are it'll still be Chozetsu Dynamic.

We can maybe hope for a lot more new animation in it, but I dunno how much to hope for there either actually.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:30 pm

I still want to hope for a new opening song/animation anyway. ( T u T )

It's more that I want a new song that fits the mood of the new arc more than anything else. Plus almost everything in the current opening animation is stuff that's passed already.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:31 pm

We have to be getting a new opening in some fashion, but it'll most likely be in new animation and not in a new song. I mean, it wouldn't make sense for an arc that has Future Trunks as a central character and the opening has animation of characters that have no role in that arc.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:35 pm

If Black does take over Goku's body, maybe they will split into two later on. In order to defeat Goku Black, Goku and the other have to steal up Goku Black. It would be like what happen with Dan Phantom in Danny Phantom where had to trapped him in a Fenton Thermos in order to defeat him.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Kakarotto92
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kakarotto92 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:48 pm

nato25 wrote:I think Bulma's research is going to play a big part in this saga somehow. Either she might be the one for creating Goku Black with some terribly failed cloning experiment, or maybe a new transformation for Trunks based on Saiyan x Human research. Just somehow Future Bulma is going to be responsible for something. I'm loving how little we know right now.
Fizzer wrote: It would be very interesting if she was trying to find a way to revive the characters that died in the battle with the androids or something like that, and accidentally created an enormous threat.
I wouldn't mind this at all. Reminds me of the Homunculus from the first FMA series.

Give me anything but another Bebi rehash.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:51 pm

Retan wrote:I'm sure this has been asked plenty of times before, but do you guys think we'll get a new opening song (Or will we just get a couple new animations?) this week, as I'm pretty tired of the current one. :shifty:
If we get a new opening theme it will be in July alongside the next ending and would probably be announced in about a week.
Hopefully at the very least they revamp the opening more than just replacing one scene.
Last edited by ArchedThunder on Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:16 pm

It looks like an all black version of the Kai uniforms, which would definitely lend credence to the theory of some sort of rogue Kai fusing with Goku.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:31 pm

Kakarotto92 wrote:
nato25 wrote:I think Bulma's research is going to play a big part in this saga somehow. Either she might be the one for creating Goku Black with some terribly failed cloning experiment, or maybe a new transformation for Trunks based on Saiyan x Human research. Just somehow Future Bulma is going to be responsible for something. I'm loving how little we know right now.
Fizzer wrote: It would be very interesting if she was trying to find a way to revive the characters that died in the battle with the androids or something like that, and accidentally created an enormous threat.
I wouldn't mind this at all. Reminds me of the Homunculus from the first FMA series.
I find this idea incredibly unlikely, but that fact saddens me, because I would love to see something akin to DB's take on how the homunculus' creation worked in the first FMA. A 'dark' counterpart to resurrecting someone in a series that's filld to the brim with character resurrections? That could prove really interesting.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Jaetinh
Regular

Post by Jaetinh » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:55 pm

Are we getting a new ending next week? The current ending is the worst ending of DBS so far.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:59 pm

Jaetinh wrote:Are we getting a new ending next week? The current ending is the worst ending of DBS so far.
Hopefully we get one soon. I don't like the current ending theme. Wouldn't mind a new opening theme too. Though the latter is unlikely.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!