"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Basako
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Basako » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:39 am

Totamo wrote:Oh look at that, zamasu runs away like a coward, turning him into even more of a wimp and because it's the same ending this makes the manga worse.
Not because it's the same, just because it's bad, no matter anime or manga. If it is confirmed, the thing about the twin Trunks and Mai.

So Zamasu should fight Zeno, sure. He was never a wimp, but he struggled sometimes against strong fighters like Vegetto or Goku using the Hakai in the mastered SSB. Freezer and Cell weren't wimps for loosing against the SS and the SS2 either. Infinite Zamasus are invincible, I don't think even the gods of destructions could handle them, Zeno was really the only one.
Heno heno kappa!

amuroray
Not-So-Newbie

Post by amuroray » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:40 am

Glad this version seems very more grounded.

Trunks was way to OP in the tv show

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:41 am

As manga spoilers begin to hit, please remember that you do not have the full context for what you are looking at. The chapter releases officially and in full (in Japanese in Shueisha's V-Jump magazine, and in English for free on Viz's website) on the 21st of each month.

Unfortunately, past member behavior around this time period has been... spotty at best, and reprehensible at worst. There's just something about a total lack of context that seems to bring out the worst in us. Let's keep that in mind, strive to do better, and attempt to add something worthwhile to the conversation rather than slapping some rash, drive-by commentary on the page. If you don't have much to say just yet (a few words / a couple lines do not a post make; this is not a chat room), that's OK; you'll have something worth saying when you read the full chapter. Please reconsider if you have a post worth making right now.

We can and will temporary lock this thread should it be necessary; likewise, we can and will issue account strikes for posts that do not live up to the community guidelines. You do not want these.

Hate to be a bummer around the rest of the excitement going on, but recent history sure has taught us a lesson.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:43 am

Doesn't seem like there's much differences from the anime. I guess we already saw most of it before. I'll wait until more information to comment.
Basako wrote:The worst thing for now with difference, it may be the same ending of Trunks and Mai going to live with their copies. It's not confirmed yet, please, no...
I agree, I strongly dislike it also. Unfortunate it seems that's the case, I guess that's how Mr.Toriyama wanted it, a bitter-sweet ending. Which personally feels more like a cop-out.

Nero<>Akira
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Nero<>Akira » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:47 am

though the full chapter is not out yet and can only make limited comments from what we've been given and previous chapter, i have to say thank god it's over. the manga just gets worse. The arc is officially titled the Future Trunks arc. It's his arc and he was placed as a secondary character to Goku and Vegeta's in the manga. that's lame. I did like the lore additions Toyo did for Trunks regarding his time as an apprentice, but i preferred the added characterization, development, and yes even the nonsensical power ups in the anime than what happened in the manga. the only reason i do in regards to the power ups is because it has narrative purpose and am baffled more people haven't picked up on it. Goku being wanked so badly at borderline GT levels by Toyo is just ugh especially that perfected SSB nonsense and Hakai. Vegeta's my favorite character and even i felt he got too much fan service in the chapters compared to the anime lol Toyo turning Black into a lame generic villain instead is just dumb and so is that whole running away from Zeno. like, ew. The anime did his character way better. it's not even a debate. that completely avoidable plot hole with the earings that the anime didn't have is also a con. the anime also has much better moments. I'd honestly take Vegeta giving Black a pounding after his training over any moment in the manga arc. the only thing this arc in the manga had over the anime was generally better choreographed fights and beginning. The arc started strong in the manga and think it was great right up until they went back in time.
Zamasu is the best DB villain besides Freeza (and this is only the case because the current Super arc elevated Freeza to be that good).

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:54 am

Nero<>Akira wrote:The arc is officially titled the Future Trunks arc. It's his arc and he was placed as a secondary character to Goku and Vegeta's in the manga. that's lame.

Goku being wanked so badly at borderline GT levels by Toyo is just ugh.
But it makes sense within the context of the story. He's just a Ssj2 while they're Blue and far stronger than him. It's better than making things up and ruining the lore like what the anime did.

He just had 2 short fights with Zamasu and the one with Merged where he was barely fighting evenly and ended up losing. If anyone got a lot of screen tie it was Vegeta (which puts a big :mrgreen: on my face).
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:55 am

Grimlock wrote:The only pro I can tell for now: finally this saga ended! Jesus Christ, let's hope Toyotaro doesn't waste time in the beginning of Universe Survival saga.

Cons: it's the same shit ending as the anime? Seriously? C'mon... No Kaioshin of Time? No paying for his crimes of time travelling? Fuck... I thought Toriyama and Toyotaro were better than this. Guess I overestimated them. :|
Keep Xenoverse and Online out of Super. Super has its own lore.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:37 am

That Vegeta/Bulma moment was cute

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:07 pm

Dragonballgod19 wrote:Zamasus trying to run away from Zeno like total bitches hurt my soul My god they really ruined black and zamasu in the manga
Oh really? So you wanted Zamasu to face ZENO? That's right? In addition to the fact that the Gods greatly respected their superiors (always being afraid), he still had destroyed the whole future. Kaioh could do absolutely nothing in front of Zeno, I do not understand why you're complaining

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:08 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Dragonballgod19 wrote:Zamasus trying to run away from Zeno like total bitches hurt my soul My god they really ruined black and zamasu in the manga
Oh really? So you wanted Zamasu to face ZENO? That's right? In addition to the fact that the Gods greatly respected their superiors (always being afraid), he still had destroyed the whole future. Kaioh could do absolutely nothing in front of Zeno, I do not understand why you're complaining
He wasn't afraid of him in the anime

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:09 pm

Dragonballgod19 wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
He wasn't afraid of him in the anime
Says who? We didn't see Zamasu face Zeno in the anime.
Why am I even responding to this when I know your intent..?

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:12 pm

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
This is too cute

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:17 pm

I can't help but wonder if things might have flowed better if Toyotaro had flipped the order of Vegito and Mastered Super Saiyan Blue. Have Goku and Vegeta fight him solo and when that fails, have Vegito up against the Meta-Zamasu army. I feel like Vegito was the bigger hype moment and might have worked a little better wrappin up the arc.

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:18 pm

Zamasu was always a coward at heart, no matter how much arrogance he had in the Anime.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:24 pm

This fandom is overeacting again, zamas sucks because he's scared of Zeno,um hello he's the freaking king of all for crying out loud,if you didn't expect this you clearly didn't read the Manga sames goes for trunks did nothing, you know what I hope vegito ex lock this thread until the chapter is out because This fandom will act obnoxious when a leaks is out
    like seriously I can't be the only one who understands zamas character in the manga
      That vegeta and Bulma was just cute and emotional
      Mostly active on discord.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:26 pm

The gr wrote:This fandom is overeacting again, zamas sucks because he's scared of Zeno,um hello he's the freaking king of all for crying out loud,if you didn't expect this you clearly didn't read the Manga sames goes for trunks did nothing, you know what I hope vegito ex lock this thread until the chapter is out because This fandom will act obnoxious when a leaks is out
        like seriously I can't be the only one who understands zamas character in the manga
          That vegeta and Bulma was just cute and emotional
          Locking the thread won't do anything. The main people who attack these threads are guys who are angry about the criticism the anime gets. Full chapter or not won't stop the pettiness.

Basako
          Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:27 pm

DBZ Macky wrote:Zamasu was always a coward at heart, no matter how much arrogance he had in the Anime.
          He is a god wannabe, but he is not. The manga got him much better.
          Heno heno kappa!

TheMikado
          I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:32 pm

Basako wrote:
          DBZ Macky wrote:Zamasu was always a coward at heart, no matter how much arrogance he had in the Anime.
          He is a god wannabe, but he is not. The manga got him much better.
          That's pretty much, Zamasu thinks he knows better than the Gods, but slinks around to accomplish his plans like when he watched Trunks fight Dabura (the king of demons) and did nothing. There's nothing righteous about him and when Zeno appears on the scene he suddenly remembers his place again.

The gr
          I Live Here

Post by The gr » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:33 pm

Aw Zeno is so cute here,I can't wait to see gangsta Zeno in ms
              Beerus face is funny
                Last edited by The gr on Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
                Mostly active on discord.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:35 pm

The gr wrote:Aw Zeno is so cute here,I can't wait to see gangsta Zeno in ms
                  [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
                  MS stopped doing that :(