"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by JazzMazz » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:29 am

OLKv3 wrote:That doesn't look like he's beating all the GoDs
I think this does at least confirm though that Beerus is the quickest God of Destruction on his feet. He is a cat after all. :lol:

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:31 am

MyNiggaGoku wrote:So we might get this GoD battle royale instead of the exhibition matches.My God I love it. :clap:
How do we know if this is the exhibition match, this could be a flashback or something else :think:
Mostly active on discord.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:31 am

LOL at the manga

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:32 am

Kishido wrote:LOL at the manga
What so funny about it

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:32 am

The gr wrote:How do we know if this is the exhibition match, this could be a flashback or something else :think:
There was the four god brawl in the anime right before the start of the tournament, so it could be that. I feel like the Zen matches were there at least partly to give some play to Universe 9 and Buu before they got dusted aside.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:33 am

The gr wrote:
What so funny about it
A lot

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:34 am

OLKv3 wrote:That doesn't look like he's beating all the GoDs
I also think it's safe to say that Beerus is one of if not the singular strongest GoD. Though this is just speculation.

I see why they're doing this though. By having Beerus a league ahead of the other GoD's, they're moving the marker of how strong other mortals stronger than their GoDs are. For example, if Jiren is stronger than Belmond, that still means he would be weaker than Beerus.
Last edited by JazzMazz on Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:34 am

Kishido wrote:
The gr wrote:
What so funny about it
A lot
Contribute something worthwhile or contribute nothing at all.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:36 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
The gr wrote:How do we know if this is the exhibition match, this could be a flashback or something else :think:
There was the four god brawl in the anime right before the start of the tournament, so it could be that. I feel like the Zen matches were there at least partly to give some play to Universe 9 and Buu before they got dusted aside.
I think the exhibition matches are a TOEI thing, in it's place Toyo seems to be going for just a meeting between the gods. At best, I think Toppo VS Goku will happen there.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:36 am

Kishido wrote:
The gr wrote:
What so funny about it
A lot
I don't see the joke, care to elaborate on that statement
BlueBasilisk wrote:
that looks like the main plot of this month but why the ring look different compared to The Top ring

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:39 am

Looks like the Gods are attacking Champa, then Beerus launches an attack from behind. Aww, defending his bro

MyNiggaGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MyNiggaGoku » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:40 am

The gr wrote:
MyNiggaGoku wrote:So we might get this GoD battle royale instead of the exhibition matches.My God I love it. :clap:
How do we know if this is the exhibition match, this could be a flashback or something else :think:
Maybe yes,that's why I said 'might'.It could work as the match future Zeno would like to see and it could also showcase the hatred of the other universes against U7.
My Dragon Ball Super 'Canon'

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:43 am

The gr wrote:that looks like the main plot of this month but why the ring look different compared to The Top ring
Now that I look at it... The ring looks very similar to the exhibition match ring.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

lord turbo
Beyond Newbie

Post by lord turbo » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:44 am

Hmmm...I liking this turn of events the manga has, better than the anime in my honest opinion.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:45 am

Kanassa wrote:
The gr wrote:that looks like the main plot of this month but why the ring look different compared to The Top ring
Now that I look at it... The ring looks very similar to the exhibition match ring.
And look at the sky, this probably replaced the exhibition match of u7 vs u9
MyNiggaGoku wrote:
The gr wrote:
Maybe yes,that's why I said 'might'.It could work as the match future Zeno would like to see and it could also showcase the hatred of the other universes against U7.
You know maybe your are right, this probably replaced the exhibition match by looking At the ring & the sky, let's just wait for more confirmation
Last edited by The gr on Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

JazzMazz
I Live Here

Post by JazzMazz » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:48 am

I see why Toyotaro is doing this though. By having Beerus a league ahead of the other GoD's, they're moving the marker of how strong other mortals stronger than their GoDs are. This means, if Jiren is stronger than Belmond, that still means he would be weaker than Beerus.

This very much keeps in line with Toriyama not planning to have Goku and Vegeta surpass Beerus anytime soon.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:53 am

JazzMazz wrote:I see why Toyotaro is doing this though. By having Beerus a league ahead of the other GoD's, they're moving the marker of how strong other mortals stronger than their GoDs are. This means, if Jiren is stronger than Belmond, that still means he would be weaker than Beerus.

This very much keeps in line with Toriyama not planning to have Goku and Vegeta surpass Beerus anytime soon.
But in the anime it is implied that the GoD weaker than the mortal is above Beerus. At least in arm strength

JazzMazz
I Live Here

Post by JazzMazz » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:55 am

Kishido wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:I see why Toyotaro is doing this though. By having Beerus a league ahead of the other GoD's, they're moving the marker of how strong other mortals stronger than their GoDs are. This means, if Jiren is stronger than Belmond, that still means he would be weaker than Beerus.

But in the anime it is implied that the GoD weaker than the mortal is above Beerus. At least in arm strength
Thats something the anime said, by the looks of it, I don't think it's carrying over into the manga.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:56 am

JazzMazz wrote:
Kishido wrote:

Thats something the anime said, by the looks of it, I don't think it's carrying over into the manga.
For now we know jackshit cuz the scene wasn't shown.

But Beerus being that much above everyone else is shot

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:01 am

I can't wait for this. They might be attacking him as a result of him not being able to control Goku from getting the tournament started.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.