"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

superfan2024
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by superfan2024 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:44 pm

jplaya2023 wrote:
Meshack wrote:
alakazam^ wrote:#17 calls them fake Cell Juniors because he found those 7 on the island, they look exactly like the ones we know and they're maybe as strong as them. The narration then talks about Cell being able to regenerate if his nucleus is intact and that, if the Cell Juniors had the same ability, these ones might be the real thing. However, "you can choose on what you believe in".

Also, it wasn't "confirmed" that was how #17 got so strong. Kuririn put 2 and 2 together but we don't know if his conclusion equals 4 or 5.

No idea why people are freaking out about a throwaway gag chapter.
1. It's not a gag chapter.

2. The narrator says the Cell Jrs. regenerated.
it's a good thing that in super the anime is canon this time and not the manga because them regenerating makes no lick of sense.they clearly exploded when gohan killed them all.

Wtf are you even saying? Where does the fandom come up with this stuff?

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:47 pm

Sora Saiyan wrote:
Meshack wrote:It's confirmed! No. 17 got stronger by training with the Cell Jrs. In the chapter, Klilyn realized how No. 17 got so strong after mentioning he forgot to tell Trunks and Goten about the Cell Jrs.

https://twitter.com/Cipher_db/status/10 ... 3577023490
Thank god it wasn’t just because he was dealing with poachers. Now this is much easier to swallow.
It's still pretty stupid. #17 wasn't strong enough to deal with even one Cell Jr.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:48 pm

Bergamo wrote:
ZombieVito wrote:
Bergamo wrote: Trunks does not have more potential than Gohan. He is never shown doing anything any better than the full blooded Saiyans, and if he had Gohan's potential, then why didn't he defeat Cell? He trained hard and was angry, so why didn't he turn SS2?

All of your complaints are explained in the manga. Read the manga before commenting in the Manga Discussion Thread.
Trunks surpassed Boo arc Ultimate Gohan in base. He grew over 50 times stronger in just 3 years training alone and surpassed Future Gohan. I don't get how you can say he doesn't have more potential.

No. They are not. I honestly wonder if you even read the manga.
It's not my job to explain the DBS Manga to people who are only looking for something to hate. Also, I frequent a thread devoted to the DBS Manga and you think I've never read it? You're the one who's not making any sense.
jeffbr92 wrote:
Bergamo wrote:Makes fun of Gohan in a bonus chapter = Mediocre writer
Makes sense.
I don't care about Gohan, what I care is good storytelling and Toyotaro has been a hit or a miss with this manga. These domesticated Cell Juniors is one of the most random stuff to come out from DB.
It's supposed to be random and not make sense. If it was an important part of the story, it wouldn't be localized within a gag bonus chapter.
Dude I said nothing but facts. For example:

Gowasu said he was promoting Zamasu temporality to a Kaioshin status to use the rings in chapter 16 page 10. So Zamasu in order to use them later on must be a Kaioshin but yet can't stay more than 1 hour fused because he isnt one. That's a flat out contradiction.

There's no a single line that says he can use them just because of the portara. He needs the Kaioshin status.

You honestly haven't explain shit and your dismissal attitude is insulting to be honest. I rather not waste anymore time with you.

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:51 pm

Meshack wrote:
alakazam^ wrote:#17 calls them fake Cell Juniors because he found those 7 on the island, they look exactly like the ones we know and they're maybe as strong as them. The narration then talks about Cell being able to regenerate if his nucleus is intact and that, if the Cell Juniors had the same ability, these ones might be the real thing. However, "you can choose on what you believe in".

Also, it wasn't "confirmed" that was how #17 got so strong. Kuririn put 2 and 2 together but we don't know if his conclusion equals 4 or 5.

No idea why people are freaking out about a throwaway gag chapter.
1. It's not a gag chapter.

2. The narrator says the Cell Jrs. regenerated.
It literally is a gag chapter. It's funny, and it's not meant to be taken too seriously, therefore it is a gag chapter. When Goku went to penguin village it was a gag. It actually happened within the story, and it explained how the red ribbon army got a better Dragon Radar, but it was still a gag. If anyone tried to powerscale Arale, they'd look dumb, and it's not any different here when people try to critically analyze the return of the cell jrs.
My explanations for the events of my favorite current manga.

DBS Manga Explained: Goku Black's Transformations

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:56 pm

ZombieVito wrote:
Bergamo wrote:
ZombieVito wrote: Trunks surpassed Boo arc Ultimate Gohan in base. He grew over 50 times stronger in just 3 years training alone and surpassed Future Gohan. I don't get how you can say he doesn't have more potential.

No. They are not. I honestly wonder if you even read the manga.
It's not my job to explain the DBS Manga to people who are only looking for something to hate. Also, I frequent a thread devoted to the DBS Manga and you think I've never read it? You're the one who's not making any sense.
jeffbr92 wrote:
I don't care about Gohan, what I care is good storytelling and Toyotaro has been a hit or a miss with this manga. These domesticated Cell Juniors is one of the most random stuff to come out from DB.
It's supposed to be random and not make sense. If it was an important part of the story, it wouldn't be localized within a gag bonus chapter.
Dude I said nothing but facts. For example:

Gowasu said he was promoting Zamasu temporality to a Kaioshin status to use the rings in chapter 16 page 10. So Zamasu in order to use them later on must be a Kaioshin but yet can't stay more than 1 hour fused because he isnt one. That's a flat out contradiction.

There's no a single line that says he can use them just because of the portara. He needs the Kaioshin status.

You honestly haven't explain shit and your dismissal attitude is insulting to be honest. I rather not waste anymore time with you.
Gowas states that, "Only those that are granted the power of the Lord of Lords have the PRIVILEGE of traveling to the future with the ring of time." It is a rule that only a Lord of Lords can use the ring of time, but you only need the earring to actually do it. Gowas temporarily appointed Zamas as a Lord of Lords, because it would be against the rules for him to use the ring of time otherwise. You are wrong. Sorry.

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:05 pm

jplaya2023 wrote:it's a good thing that in super the anime is canon this time and not the manga because them regenerating makes no lick of sense.they clearly exploded when gohan killed them all.
The Cell Jrs were just torn to pieces in the original manga. The anime had them blow up into smoke to avoid the gore.

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:23 pm

I like this u.i , just the nose seems different but it’s welcome
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

LimitbreakerKrillin
Not-So-Newbie

Post by LimitbreakerKrillin » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:31 pm

prince212 wrote:I like this u.i , just the nose seems different but it’s welcome
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
He also drew ultra instinct goku at Vjumps 25h anniversary
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I'm really digging how the hair looks

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:35 pm

jplaya2023 wrote:it's a good thing that in super the anime is canon this time and not the manga because them regenerating makes no lick of sense.they clearly exploded when gohan killed them all.
The anime isn't the official canon. There is no official canon when it comes to Super. There is the anime continuity, the manga continuity and for the first two arcs the movie continuity.
And as someone already pointed out, the cell jr.s didn't blew up in the manga.

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:43 pm

LimitbreakerKrillin wrote:
prince212 wrote:I like this u.i , just the nose seems different but it’s welcome
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Yeap , that hair makes the difference, also the face is sharpie I think , those two drawing give me the feeling that is not just a different hair change.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:43 pm

LimitbreakerKrillin wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Man this is soooo much better. I hated UI, Omen was decent but this is just much better than anything we got.

Gokitalo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gokitalo » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:32 pm

ZombieVito wrote:

So after a bit of research... I believe I've found the answer.

Now, the anime side-stepped this issue entirely by explaining that the reason the Super Zamasu future started coming apart was because Future Zamasu was immortal and Goku Black was still mortal. But it's true, in the manga, they do start to come apart. But why? Take it away, Gowasu:

That's from Chapter 23. So is ZombieVito correct? Mmmm... not quite. Note the word "officially," which I've underlined. I looked up another translation just to be sure it wasn't a liberty taken by the manga translators and it seems it's not the case (although I'm sure readers of the original Japanese dialogue can confirm).

But does not being OFFICIALLY a Kaioshin mean not being a Kaioshin at all? Not the way Bulma explains it in Chapter 18:

Nobody contradicts her about this, either. Seeing as three of the people with her in this scene are Beerus, Whis and the Universe 7 Kaioshin, we can assume Bulma's conclusion is accurate.

So the answer here seems pretty obvious. Zamasu did indeed become a Kaioshin by murdering Gowasu and taking the Potara earrings. But because he was not named a Kaioshin through OFFICIAL means, this means he only got some Kaioshin privileges. So he could use the Time Ring, for example, but wouldn't have been able maintain the fusion if he hadn't started combining with himself at the cellular level.

Again, the anime's explanation was much cleaner, but the manga version doesn't contradict itself. It simply exploits a less overt technicality.

TKA
Advanced Regular

Post by TKA » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:23 pm

Bergamo wrote: It literally is a gag chapter. It's funny, and it's not meant to be taken too seriously, therefore it is a gag chapter. When Goku went to penguin village it was a gag. It actually happened within the story, and it explained how the red ribbon army got a better Dragon Radar, but it was still a gag. If anyone tried to powerscale Arale, they'd look dumb, and it's not any different here when people try to critically analyze the return of the cell jrs.
Arguing semantics is boring.

This isn't a "gag" chapter in how the term is typically used.

This is meant to be a companion piece to the story that explains a detail about the story that matters. There's a difference between this bonus "chapter" and the omakes (for lack of a better term) you'll find in volumes
The Creatives who inspire me: Akira Toriyama, George Lucas, Chris Nolan, J. R. R. Tolkien and Zack Snyder

http://i.imgur.com/XAnj7Yi.jpg

You saw Batman v Superman? Is it the Ultimate Edition? No? Then you haven't seen Batman v Superman. Also, the Snyder Cut is the greatest, non-deconstructionist ensemble comic book film ever made.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:59 pm

Gokitalo wrote: So after a bit of research... I believe I've found the answer.

Now, the anime side-stepped this issue entirely by explaining that the reason the Super Zamasu future started coming apart was because Future Zamasu was immortal and Goku Black was still mortal. But it's true, in the manga, they do start to come apart. But why? Take it away, Gowasu:

That's from Chapter 23. So is ZombieVito correct? Mmmm... not quite. Note the word "officially," which I've underlined. I looked up another translation just to be sure it wasn't a liberty taken by the manga translators and it seems it's not the case (although I'm sure readers of the original Japanese dialogue can confirm).

But does not being OFFICIALLY a Kaioshin mean not being a Kaioshin at all? Not the way Bulma explains it in Chapter 18:

Nobody contradicts her about this, either. Seeing as three of the people with her in this scene are Beerus, Whis and the Universe 7 Kaioshin, we can assume Bulma's conclusion is accurate.

So the answer here seems pretty obvious. Zamasu did indeed become a Kaioshin by murdering Gowasu and taking the Potara earrings. But because he was not named a Kaioshin through OFFICIAL means, this means he only got some Kaioshin privileges. So he could use the Time Ring, for example, but wouldn't have been able maintain the fusion if he hadn't started combining with himself at the cellular level.

Again, the anime's explanation was much cleaner, but the manga version doesn't contradict itself. It simply exploits a less overt technicality.
This is honestly head canon and never even confirmed. You either are a Kaioshin or not. Hell, even Vegetto said that Zamasu haven't become a Kaioshin yet and was no different than a mortal.

Shin's statement in chapter 18 is pretty clear cut about this matter:
...But Zamasu isn't suppose to be a Supreme Kai yet... Which means he wouldn't be able to use the time ring.
P.S. Wouldn't Zamasu lose his healing abilities if he was a Kaioshin? Since he can still heal that means he isn't one.

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:10 pm

ZombieVito wrote:
Gokitalo wrote: So after a bit of research... I believe I've found the answer.

This is honestly head canon and never even confirmed. You either are a Kaioshin or not. Hell, even Vegetto said that Zamasu haven't become a Kaioshin yet and was no different than a mortal.

Shin's statement in chapter 18 is pretty clear cut about this matter:
...But Zamasu isn't suppose to be a Supreme Kai yet... Which means he wouldn't be able to use the time ring.
P.S. Wouldn't Zamasu lose his healing abilities if he was a Kaioshin? Since he can still heal that means he isn't one.
Shin says that statement, and then whis asks if Black was wearing a portara. Shin just didn't consider that Zamas would steal a portara. This is only a problem if you're twisting statements in your head and looking for a contradiction. Everytime someone uses the ring they have the portara on. Gowas lends Zamas the portara. Zamas steals a portara. Blacks and Future Zamas are each wearing a portara. Do you really think that Vegito is a Supreme Kai, just because he's wearing the portara?

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:31 pm

TKA wrote:
Bergamo wrote: It literally is a gag chapter. It's funny, and it's not meant to be taken too seriously, therefore it is a gag chapter. When Goku went to penguin village it was a gag. It actually happened within the story, and it explained how the red ribbon army got a better Dragon Radar, but it was still a gag. If anyone tried to powerscale Arale, they'd look dumb, and it's not any different here when people try to critically analyze the return of the cell jrs.
Arguing semantics is boring.

This isn't a "gag" chapter in how the term is typically used.

This is meant to be a companion piece to the story that explains a detail about the story that matters. There's a difference between this bonus "chapter" and the omakes (for lack of a better term) you'll find in volumes
In my opinion is a brilliant bonus chapter that as usual expand the story. It has sense and it’s funny , those mini cells were funny back in the days and continue to be funny .
Toyotaro played risky ——- yes
Toyotaro played well —— yes
Some complain about him not taking risk to go out of the standards and when he does they complain too .
Toriyama:
No, it’s better that way! I think it’s better to let your individuality as an author shine through, rather than just follow the path I set down for you. It would be unbalanced if it were all just my ideas, so it’s better like this.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:44 pm

Please tell me this isn't the actual chapter?

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:50 pm

Miracles wrote:Please tell me this isn't the actual chapter?
21st. Same time every month.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:34 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Sora Saiyan wrote:
Meshack wrote:It's confirmed! No. 17 got stronger by training with the Cell Jrs. In the chapter, Klilyn realized how No. 17 got so strong after mentioning he forgot to tell Trunks and Goten about the Cell Jrs.

https://twitter.com/Cipher_db/status/10 ... 3577023490
Thank god it wasn’t just because he was dealing with poachers. Now this is much easier to swallow.
It's still pretty stupid. #17 wasn't strong enough to deal with even one Cell Jr.
Fourteen years is a long time.

So the actual manga will probably leak in the next couple days right?
Bergamo wrote:
But it'll probably leak before that right?

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:54 am

Bergamo wrote:
I appreciate it.