"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by BlueVegerot » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:19 am

SansrivaaL wrote:Oh.. wow.. did Goku just lose? or will this have a Boo type anime thing where Basil got thrown off but Zeno's didnt like that and the match continued until one dropped down?
Love the new cover page for Vol4 and those GoDs were giving those hands hard, look at those bumps.
It appears he lost. I think one of the panels shows Toppo knocking him out of MSSJB

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:21 am

BlueVegerot wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:Oh.. wow.. did Goku just lose? or will this have a Boo type anime thing where Basil got thrown off but Zeno's didnt like that and the match continued until one dropped down?
Love the new cover page for Vol4 and those GoDs were giving those hands hard, look at those bumps.
It appears he lost. I think one of the panels shows Toppo knocking him out of MSSJB
So we're not sure. If so, we should wait for the full chapter.

Although, it's an interesting changed that the manga made a character stronger than they were presented in the anime. People keep saying 'Goku needed Kaioken against Toppo', but the fact remained that Toppo couldn't even touched Goku once he went Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan.
Last edited by HeroR on Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:22 am

Whatever wrote:Yeah it was about time one of Goku's/Vegeta's opponent was not a joke or a weakling in the manga.
But Toppo is not any of these in the anime, mate :eh:
BlueVegerot wrote:It appears he lost. I think one of the panels shows Toppo knocking him out of MSSJB
I don't know isn't the "hold back" syndrome also present in the manga?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:23 am

Jigurashi wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: ..did Goku just lose to Toppo?
SSB was never gping to be enough to beat Topp that is why I say Toppo is the 4th strongest after Jiren, Hit and Ultra Instict Goku.
Makes sense. SSB couldn't get the job done in the anime not to mention Toppo's full power in the anime is still a mystery. Now in the manga SSB got stomped by Toppo.
That means nothing. How often is it necessary to state that anime and manga have different powescaling? Just because Toppo defeated MSSB goku, does it mean that in the anime he is also stronger than Goku Blue?
so in the anime Goku SSB KK x10 = Merged Zamasu just because in manga Goku MSSB = Merged Zamasu?

Goku himself said he did not know if Toppo would win the Blue form (in the anime). So that means he could win or not. this does not show any superiority

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:24 am

Noah wrote:
Whatever wrote:Yeah it was about time one of Goku's/Vegeta's opponent was not a joke or a weakling in the manga.
BlueVegerot wrote:It appears he lost. I think one of the panels shows Toppo knocking him out of MSSJB
I think they meant that the manga made Goku and Vegeta's opponents not weaklings compared to them.

As far as I know, the manga general don't play the "hold back" game like the anime.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:30 am

Manga Hit, Manga Trunks, Manga Goku Black and Manga M Zamasu were all far weaker than their anime couterparts

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:30 am

Lord Beerus wrote:I'm torn with the idea of Toppo defeating (Mastred) SSJB Goku.

On one hand, this raise the stakes considerably and provides an even greater amount of hype and anticipation for when Jiren arrives and truly reaffirms the scenario of Velmoud selecting Toppo to be next Hakaishin of Universe 11. But at the same time, you have to wonder what kind of gimmick (prior to attaining Ultra Instinct) Goku is going to get if he fights Toppo again at the Tournament Of Power. Because now we know that SSJB can't get the job done against a fighter like Toppo. This is where the I believe the fight between SSJB Goku and Toppo being inconclusive in the anime works to its advantage because it creates a great amount of intrigue to when/if Goku and Toppo skirmish again. I also think this would be the perfect time for Toyotaro to throw Kaioken into the mix with SSJB in battle if there is going to be a solution for Goku improving himself in battle in preparation for the Tournament Of Power.

But it's all good stuff I'm seeing so far. The Hakaishin Battle Royal being the major highlight so far.
Agreed with all of this.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:34 am

I like the Hakaishins having gimmicks. Rumosh's scream and Liquiir machine gun tails are pretty cool. Can't wait for the chapter to be released.
There's not really enough information to elaborate at this point and tackle Goku vs Toppo.

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:36 am

Noah wrote:
I mean that all of Goku's and Vegeta's opponents were a joke/weakling in the manga,manga Hit/Black/Merged Zamasu were,whats worse is that ROF was skipped so the only opponent that we saw being a threat was Beerus.
Toppo is strong in the anime as well but Toppo beating Goku at his best,is a refreshing change for the manga.

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:42 am

Boo Machine wrote:Obviously I'm going to need to wait to see what they are, but I like the idea of the Gods having their own unique ability and skill. Belmond playing to his theme of being a clown and summoning cards. Nice.
That's lame, summoning cards. I'd rather belmond have his own joker venom that he uses that's puts you in a comatose state by breathing it in

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:43 am

I have to believe Kaioken will be introduced in the manga now. Goku knows his CSSB form can't even beat Toppo so he will have to come up with something else to fight him and Jiren

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:47 am

Just as LightBing said, it's early to draw conclusions on Goku vs Toppo, but I must say that even if Goku gets eliminated by him, it doesn't really mean Toppo is a lot stronger. Goku might have left an opening for him that ended in his ring-out. The fight must be longer than this, so who knows how the two are portrayed. I think the safer conclusion to draw is that Toppo is a great warrior, rather than "omg he's stronger than Goku!!!".

Hell, as someone pointed out, the ring out might not even count as a loss this early in the story. Not only it didn't in the anime, but Sidra was rung out last chapter and he's back in the ring in this one.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:10 pm

Draconic wrote:Just as LightBing said, it's early to draw conclusions on Goku vs Toppo, but I must say that even if Goku gets eliminated by him, it doesn't really mean Toppo is a lot stronger. Goku might have left an opening for him that ended in his ring-out. The fight must be longer than this, so who knows how the two are portrayed. I think the safer conclusion to draw is that Toppo is a great warrior, rather than "omg he's stronger than Goku!!!".

Hell, as someone pointed out, the ring out might not even count as a loss this early in the story. Not only it didn't in the anime, but Sidra was rung out last chapter and he's back in the ring in this one.
Uh we have a full scan of Goku losing to Toppo. Like literally him getting knocked out and kicked out of the ring unconscious. And we have the post fight convo. Goku goes full power CSSB on Toppo. He even does the "charge all his power in his right fist" thing he did with Zamasu, and loses.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:20 pm

Jigurashi wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:I'm torn with the idea of Toppo defeating (Mastred) SSJB Goku.

On one hand, this raise the stakes considerably and provides an even greater amount of hype and anticipation for when Jiren arrives and truly reaffirms the scenario of Velmoud selecting Toppo to be next Hakaishin of Universe 11. But at the same time, you have to wonder what kind of gimmick (prior to attaining Ultra Instinct) Goku is going to get if he fights Toppo again at the Tournament Of Power. Because now we know that SSJB can't get the job done against a fighter like Toppo. This is where the I believe the fight between SSJB Goku and Toppo being inconclusive in the anime works to its advantage because it creates a great amount of intrigue to when/if Goku and Toppo skirmish again. I also think this would be the perfect time for Toyotaro to throw Kaioken into the mix with SSJB in battle if there is going to be a solution for Goku improving himself in battle in preparation for the Tournament Of Power.

But it's all good stuff I'm seeing so far. The Hakaishin Battle Royal being the major highlight so far.
Agreed with all of this.
I haven't read it yet but so far I absolutely love what I'm hearing. THIS IS CLASSIC TORIYAMA.

This is Raditz saying after Goku died and Piccolo barely survives that two more saiyans more powerful than him are on their way to Earth.
This is Frieza powering up and revealing he has even more transformations and they can't even tackle the current form.
This is the androids breaking SSJ Vegeta's arm and then Cell reveals he will not only stronger but not even perfect yet.
This is Fat Buu kicking Vegeta around and then absorbing Characters to get even stronger.

Basically this is Goku and the audience realizing the character is in A LOT of SH*T!!! And no idea how he's going to pull off tackling Jiren who is reportedly even stronger than a proper God of Destruction. Could Goku pull of KK? We have no idea. Will he find some other means to attempt to keep pace?? No idea. That's the feeling I want to feel! I want to feel like they are in over their heads and hyped because whatever happens next they need to take it to crazy odds just to try to scrap by and overcome it. I don't want Goku doing the same trick he's been doing but stacking a higher number on it! I want him to dread the encounter and get creative and come up with something new to overcome it! I'm totally hype for this!

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:25 pm

TheMikado wrote: I haven't read it yet but so far I absolutely love what I'm hearing. THIS IS CLASSIC TORIYAMA.

This is Raditz saying after Goku died and Piccolo barely survives that two more saiyans more powerful than him are on their way to Earth.
This is Frieza powering up and revealing he has even more transformations and they can't even tackle the current form.
This is the androids breaking SSJ Vegeta's arm and then Cell reveals he will not only stronger but not even perfect yet.
This is Fat Buu kicking Vegeta around and then absorbing Characters to get even stronger.

Basically this is Goku and the audience realizing the character is in A LOT of SH*T!!! And no idea how he's going to pull off tackling Jiren who is reportedly even stronger than a proper God of Destruction. Could Goku pull of KK? We have no idea. Will he find some other means to attempt to keep pace?? No idea. That's the feeling I want to feel! I want to feel like they are in over their heads and hyped because whatever happens next they need to take it to crazy odds just to try to scrap by and overcome it. I don't want Goku doing the same trick he's been doing but stacking a higher number on it! I want him to dread the encounter and get creative and come up with something new to overcome it! I'm totally hype for this!
Well.. this is the first time I've seen a comment from you thats this hyped, and you even used the words "absolutely love" that was quite the jump.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:28 pm

OLKv3 wrote:
Draconic wrote:Just as LightBing said, it's early to draw conclusions on Goku vs Toppo, but I must say that even if Goku gets eliminated by him, it doesn't really mean Toppo is a lot stronger. Goku might have left an opening for him that ended in his ring-out. The fight must be longer than this, so who knows how the two are portrayed. I think the safer conclusion to draw is that Toppo is a great warrior, rather than "omg he's stronger than Goku!!!".

Uh we have a full scan of Goku losing to Toppo. Like literally him getting knocked out and kicked out of the ring unconscious. And we have the post fight convo. Goku goes full power CSSB on Toppo. He even does the "charge all his power in his right fist" thing he did with Zamasu, and loses.
Well, I stand corrected then. I've only seen the charging fist and the ring out pages, not the outcome.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

supersaiyan1993

Post by supersaiyan1993 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:31 pm

so a mastered ssb is weaker than toppo. guess now is the perfect time to introduce kaioken in the manga.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:33 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
TheMikado wrote: I haven't read it yet but so far I absolutely love what I'm hearing. THIS IS CLASSIC TORIYAMA.

Well.. this is the first time I've seen a comment from you thats this hyped, and you even used the words "absolutely love" that was quite the jump.
Not at all. I love the manga, it's the only reason I still follow Dragonball. I hate the manga. The difference between how these two scenes played out is the main reason...

We have Buu and the Trio basically crazy hyped up during the exhibition match
Buu doesn't even make it to the tournament and the Trio were the first universe out...
Goku pretty much has the edge on Toppo without seeming to struggle too much and we know Goku still has KKx10 in his back pocket so its hard to get hype when Jiren could be casually twice and strong as Toppo and Goku can still go 5x stronger than that at will.
Here Goku pulled out his biggest, strongest attacks that we know of so far and still got soundly beaten by someone who isn't even the strongest. You immediately get the sense that Goku and crew in in way over their heads as opposed to Goku walking into the tournament as likely the strongest thing around with SSBxKKx10 yet to be brought out.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:34 pm

supersaiyan1993 wrote:so a mastered ssb is weaker than toppo. guess now is the perfect time to introduce kaioken in the manga.
I'd prefer not. The Kaiou-ken was a terrible idea to bring back because it separated Vegeta and Gokuu too much, to say nothing of Gokuu from anyone else. Gokuu and Vegeta's counter should instead be on putting into practice the principles of the Mastery of Self-Movement, which culminates in Gokuu awakening his new form mid-tournament.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:36 pm

JulieYBM wrote:
supersaiyan1993 wrote:so a mastered ssb is weaker than toppo. guess now is the perfect time to introduce kaioken in the manga.
I'd prefer not. The Kaiou-ken was a terrible idea to bring back because it separated Vegeta and Gokuu too much, to say nothing of Gokuu from anyone else. Gokuu and Vegeta's counter should instead be on putting into practice the principles of the Mastery of Self-Movement, which culminates in Gokuu awakening his new form mid-tournament.
I will never understand why that's a negative.
Kanassa wrote: