"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

The gr
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by The gr » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:55 am

LightBing wrote:From what Toyotarõ has shown, he probably lost some sleep trying to make the power scale of the upcoming tournament work.
We won't get to see it next chapter, it will likely be just the introduction to the arc and the exhibition match(yeah I think the manga will only have 1).
I shared this feeling as well that goku vs Bergamo is the only exhibition they will show along with goku vs toppo considering gohan vs lavender or buu vs basil went nowhere,I'm not gonna complain if that happen,Toyotaro is gonna introduced to other two brother by a sparring match instead of the exhibition
Last edited by The gr on Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mostly active on discord.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:06 pm

perucho1990 wrote:The first thing Toyo should do is get rid of the fake/artificial tension.
He could just skip to the main fights.

He could start with everyone there and the next page have something like " after 30 minutes of countless fights, these are the final fighters".
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:08 pm

sintzu wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:The first thing Toyo should do is get rid of the fake/artificial tension.
He could just skip to the main fights.

He could start with everyone there and the next page have something like " after 30 minutes of countless fights, these are the final fighters".
That would be terrible, Toyo stop skipping thing,of course he won't don't that,the manga will have a beginning , a middle and a end,this battle is gonna be really long if that happens then there no point of bringing back the cast or having multiple universe participating

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:15 pm

I don't think any of the exhibition matches will be skipped. I'm looking forward to them actually, because Toyotaro shines at choreography

micah007
Not-So-Newbie

Post by micah007 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:41 pm

Nero<>Akira wrote:all i got from this was that people like to be spoon fed lol doesn't take a genius to know what SSJ Rose was or how the time travel worked just from what was already said in the anime and also a chart Toei released. Manga isn't better at all. Maybe it was before Goku and Vegeta got to future.
I don't mind being spoon fed if that's what people think happens in the manga. Evidently it does take a genius to know what you listed considering we have 100's of videos and theories all over the internet including but not limited to Youtube, all claiming to be THE TRUTH. People still can't 100% agree on how Time Travel works in this series. This fandom has a serious headcanon problem and if being spoon fed concrete information thus leaving little to no room for "interpretation" helps curb that I'm all for it.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:52 pm

Toyotaro will have the same problem than he had in Champa arc and that is to be limited to a tournament based arc, where he won't have much room to do his own thing.

The art quality may drop with the amount of the characters.
No sure about the Exhibition Matches, but the recruitment part will be rushed.
Some fights being skipped in ToP may also happen.
sintzu wrote: He could start with everyone there and the next page have something like " after 30 minutes of countless fights, these are the final fighters".
This seems the easier way to go.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:04 pm

I don't see why everyone is freaking out,the manga have an extended page count at first it didn't look good with chapter 22,his art got increasingly better with that page count,chapter 24 is the best chapter in term of art so the battle will be good he could handled 80 characters fighting because he designed some of them and the arc won't be rushed because like I mention the extended page count could help Toyotaro to pace things,he could handled back to back fight and this version will be different cus the format is different
    If the anime did and show all the characters then why can't the manga do that

sintzu
    Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:07 pm

The gr wrote:He could handled 80 characters fighting...
    There's no way one person can do all that. He said he was going to be ahead of the anime so the most likely thing to happen is him skip the fights we've been seeing in the anime and focus on the main ones. Goku and Hit vs that Beerus wannabe seems to be important so that could be the first fight.

The gr
    I Live Here

Post by The gr » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:11 pm

sintzu wrote:
    There's no way one person can do all that. He said he was going to be ahead of the anime so the most likely thing to happen is him skip the fights we've been seeing in the anime and focus on the main ones. Goku and Hit vs that Beerus wannabe seems to be important so that could be the first fight.
    He could draw quick 1v1 fight like kibito vs zamas and he will not be ahead of the anime if he skip to hit vs dyspo because the manga is monthly and the anime is weekly making it pointless to skip ahead.it could change the format with a 10v10 with two universe fighting at a time instead of skipping thing making his product flat
      Toyotaro should totally do that,10v10 sounds like a better idea than 80 people clashing with each other,this format is suited for the manga and it make thing easier for toyble

sintzu
      Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:20 pm

The gr wrote:He will not be ahead of the anime if he skip to hit vs dyspo because the manga is monthly and the anime is weekly.

Instead of skipping thing making his product flat.
      If he does he'll go from one major fight to the other while the anime will most likely go back to the fodder matches after next week's episode.

What's flat is what the anime's doing with all these unknown characters.

Baggie_Saiyan
      Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:21 pm

I am not sure why everyone thinks he is suddenly gonna rush now ahead to the ToP, given the pace of the Black arc it is clear now that the Manga has stopped being promotion for the anime, it is more like a spin off now thus they don't have to worry about the anime being miles ahead and Toyo can experiment a bit and do things differently, heck I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't any fighting in this chapter. Art wise he did get sloppy halfway through the Black arc... forgot how to draw Trunks, comparing his Trunks from the beginning to the end it is night and day.

I also think people shouldn't take his "I will be ahead and sending stuff back" comment seriously as he was probably referring to the the CD's he did alongside Toriyama. There is no way he had all of what 5 remaining chapters of the Black arc done and a couple chapters of the U.S arc all done by February before the arc officially kicked off, plus on top of all that designing new characters too? Yeah very unlikely, he was probably just designing characters and did the PV for Jump Festa.

The gr
      I Live Here

Post by The gr » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:25 pm

sintzu wrote:
      The gr wrote:He will not be ahead of the anime if he skip to hit vs dyspo because the manga is monthly and the anime is weekly.

Instead of skipping thing making his product flat.
      If he does he'll go from one major fight to the other while the anime will most likely go back to the fodder matches after next week's episode.

What's flat is what the anime's doing with all these unknown characters.
      Is flat because there no point of 8 universe participating and there no buildup for this to happen making it boring and anticlimactic,that would be the equivalent of AT skipping the entire 21 budokai up until the final fight ,at least the anime show the other characters fighting even if they are jobber,Toyo could possibly change this arc setup with team battles with two team fighting in one ring,I think this idea is better,imagine 10v10 a match between u6 vs u3 with no fake tension or Goku letting his guard down

sintzu
      Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:30 pm

The gr wrote:There's no point of 8 universe participating and there no buildup for this to happen making it boring and anticlimactic.
      So essentially what the anime's been doing. We have 6 universes that have had 0 build up and nearly 60 characters getting thrown out left and right that we know nothing about. that's as anticlimactic as things can get so you don't have to worry about the manga being worse.

I wouldn't blame someone for mistaking this for a filler type arc, that's how bad they've handled it.

The gr
      I Live Here

Post by The gr » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:37 pm

sintzu wrote:
      The gr wrote:There's no point of 8 universe participating and there no buildup for this to happen making it boring and anticlimactic.
      So essentially what the anime's been doing. We have 6 universes that have had 0 build up and nearly 60 characters getting thrown out left and right that we know nothing about. that's as anticlimactic as things can get so you don't have to worry about the manga being worse.

I wouldn't blame someone for mistaking this for a filler type arc, that's how bad they've handled it.
      True but the pride trooper/saiyan of u6 got decent buildup
        I really want the manga to go for a traditional tournament ,I'm sure you and everyone else like traditional tournament with two squad fighting at a time

sintzu
        Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:39 pm

The gr wrote:I really want the manga to go for a traditional tournament.
        That's what they could've done if they had less fighters, even if the characters didn't get much build up before, they could get a lot during their fights. Take Nam from the 21st Tenkaichi, he got better development in 1 episode then everyone here in multiple ones.

Doctor.
        Banned

Post by Doctor. » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:40 pm

The gr wrote:
        sintzu wrote:

True but the pride trooper/saiyan of u6 got decent buildup
          I really want the manga to go for a traditional tournament ,I'm sure you and everyone else like traditional tournament
          The battle royale set-up is almost certainly Toriyama's idea due to how the arena was designed, so I doubt it'll be. But the order of eliminations will probably be a lot different so maybe some of the new characters will get some screentime before getting KO'd, though I honestly doubt that since the manga has even more time issues than the anime does.

FortuneSSJ
          Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:45 pm

sintzu wrote: That's what they could've done if they had less fighters, even if the characters didn't get much build up before, they could get a lot during their fights. Take Nam from the 21st Tenkaichi, he got better development in 1 episode then everyone here in multiple ones.
          And yet how many people care, or even remember about him?! Have a better development doesn't make an already boring character a good character.
          And he didn't have better development than the pride troopers, U6 Saiyans and Trio de Danger.
          A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

The gr
          I Live Here

Post by The gr » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:47 pm

Doctor. wrote: The battle royale set-up is almost certainly Toriyama's idea due to how the arena was designed, so I doubt it'll be. But the order of eliminations will probably be a lot different so maybe some of the new characters will get some screentime before getting KO'd, though I honestly doubt that since the manga has even more time issues than the anime does.
          He did come up with arena and battle royale idea but he could spice thing up like reduce the competitors or have the suggestion that I keep mentioning ,I honestly wish he skip this went straight ahead to the Eoz instead of making a badly abridged version if he really want to go ahead

sintzu
          Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:49 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:He didn't have better development than the pride troopers, U6 Saiyans and Trio de Danger.
          Of course not but those are a very small number compared to the huge amount of characters we have.

I think 40 characters are out, how many can you name or remember off the top of your head ? I can remember who Gohan beat because of his wife and kid (something very simple like that can go a long way), the 3 wolves and Botamo.

OLKv3
          I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:58 pm

sintzu wrote:
          I'm seriously going to beat a random puppy the next time I see people still get this wrong
          How are you guys regulars on Kanzenshuu and still don't understand this line? hjfbgskgskg :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Also, people here continually give horrible ideas about how Toyotaro should just skip the majority of the arc, yet always harp on how the manga feels rushed whenever he skips anything. It's maddening