"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lupin879
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Lupin879 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:22 am

I do not like it. The manga is degenerate. Too empty the action. A terrifying thing is the God who throws blocks of that resistant material, it's ridiculous as well as terrifying. Are we playing Crash? Another thing I do not like is total lack of pathos. Not only that, but the merger is nothing more than the merging of Goku with one as powerful as a super saiyan second. I do not know. Zamas is not a kaioshin and then how could he use the ring

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:39 am

Not really a fan of this chapter. Some cool concepts (I liked Zamasu force-choking), but I feel Zamasu lacked a lot of the presence he had in the anime.... in the anime it truly felt like he was making an ascension into ultimate divine strength.

Vegetto felt wasted here as well... sure, he didn't achieve much in the anime, but I feel like the short time we got him for was much more satisfying.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:49 am

First use of Katchin cubes was great, but I'd have preferred his second use against Vegetto to be something a bit more grandiose, like a Katchin sword with his ki thrown in. In that sense I believe Toyotaro should have done better in this chapter.
Now we'll just have to see how it will all end before Future Zeno shows up.. I still think Trunks destroying his physical body like the anime is a real possibility.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:54 am

dbgtFO wrote:First use of Katchin cubes was great, but I'd have preferred his second use against Vegetto to be something a bit more grandiose, like a Katchin sword with his ki thrown in. In that sense I believe Toyotaro should have done better in this chapter.
Now we'll just have to see how it will all end before Future Zeno shows up.. I still think Trunks destroying his physical body like the anime is a real possibility.
There is also the possibility of a katchin sword made by shin powered by super Saiyan 2 rage boosted to rageta levels cutting zamasu when goku and Vegeta hold him down in a suicidal last resort
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:43 pm

Well, thanks to the anime i found new love for the Super Manga. Hope it keeps on going till Super ends.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:46 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:First use of Katchin cubes was great, but I'd have preferred his second use against Vegetto to be something a bit more grandiose, like a Katchin sword with his ki thrown in. In that sense I believe Toyotaro should have done better in this chapter.
There is also the possibility of a katchin sword made by shin powered by super Saiyan 2 rage boosted to rageta levels cutting zamasu when goku and Vegeta hold him down in a suicidal last resort
Shin not being useless?
I'd absolutely love that :lol:

MyNiggaGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MyNiggaGoku » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:47 pm

buutenks wrote:Well, thanks to the anime i found new love for the Super Manga. Hope it keeps on going till Super ends.
Well there's no reason for it to stop,so you'll keep enjoying it for as long as Super runs.

Also,can you please explain what the anime did that made you love the manga? Normally it's the things that the manga does that make someone like it,that's why I'm curious. :lol:
Last edited by MyNiggaGoku on Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Dragon Ball Super 'Canon'

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:03 pm

MyNiggaGoku wrote: Well there's no reason for it to stop,so you'll keep enjoying it as long as Super runs.

Also,can you please explain what the anime did that made you love the manga? Normally it's the things that the manga does that make someone like it,that's why I'm curious. :lol:
Manga characters look nicely drawn, compared to the anime, no funny models and stuff and consistent power scaling(much better than the anime atleast).

Plus, while i like 17 allot, Goku going blue vs everyone and their mother is putting me off from the anime. Next thing, we will see Goku going blue against Roshi.

MyNiggaGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MyNiggaGoku » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:12 pm

buutenks wrote:
MyNiggaGoku wrote: Well there's no reason for it to stop,so you'll keep enjoying it as long as Super runs.

Manga characters look nicely drawn, compared to the anime, no funny models and stuff and consistent power scaling(much better than the anime atleast).

Plus, while i like 17 allot, Goku going blue vs everyone and their mother is putting me off from the anime. Next thing, we will see Goku going blue against Roshi.
Points taken.It actually saddens me that many fans(in some cases,me too) tend to love something(in that case the manga) not because of its own merits,but because something else(the anime) that can be compared to it...well pales in comparison to the former,at least in some instances,such as the ones you mentioned.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:18 pm

About #17,he along with Gohan and krillin will Have the most screentime in the Top
Last edited by The gr on Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mostly active on discord.

Tsufuru
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tsufuru » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:30 pm

mfwlegend3 wrote:Super in general has become absolute shit. Anime and the manga both.

I can tell it would have been worse if Toriyama did the manga, too.. That's a scary thought.
nah , the anime apart from power levels which easiely can be ignored if you use the power scaling in super as its own thing and stop comparing it to dbz its interesting , entertaining and enjoyable.
the manga is boring no matter the power levels imo.
Meshack wrote:
Tsufuru wrote:this is so boring tbh.
this manga is unnecessery as hell.
No one is forcing you to read.
where did i imply I'm being forced?
I'm just stating my opinion.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:46 pm

MyNiggaGoku wrote:
buutenks wrote:

Points taken.It actually saddens me that many fans(in some cases,me too) tend to love something(in that case the manga) not because of its own merits,but because something else(the anime) that can be compared to it...well pales in comparison to the former,at least in some instances,such as the ones you mentioned.
Yep sadly. If the anime had consistent power scaling, like in Z and the super manga. It would be awesome. Plus these filler episodes arent that exciting tbh. I enjoy the slice of lifes ep of super mostly(not ep 15 or the potaeufu arc,that arc was really bad and bland apart from seeing ssj3 Gotenks again),i also really enjoyed the u7 vs u9 eps(forgot what it was actually called), but these recruitment eps arent growing on me(i guess because they dont make much sense and is full of fanservice).

MyNiggaGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MyNiggaGoku » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:50 pm

buutenks wrote:i also really enjoyed the u7 vs u9 eps
Do you think that these are ''filler'',in the sense that they won't be included in the manga?

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:58 pm

MyNiggaGoku wrote:
buutenks wrote:i also really enjoyed the u7 vs u9 eps
Do you think that these are ''filler'',in the sense that they won't be included in the manga?
Eh, i presume they will be. since it showed allot of important information. So, while i doubt it will be as long, i am sure it will be in the manga. The recruitment eps, somehow doubt it, it will proly be short flashbacks in the manga.

kidhero1000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kidhero1000 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:47 pm

batistabus wrote:
kidhero1000 wrote:Didn't Gowasu mentioned he was temporarily giving him Supreme Kai status by giving him the the Potara in the first place?
I think Gowasu was just emphasizing the importance of the object. Is Vegetto a god because he has Potara? No. As far as Gowasu understands it, there is some other procedure that needs to take place before Zamasu can be officially recognized as a Kaioshin.

Again, he could be wrong, so we'll see!
Considering he also mentioned you need to be a Supreme Kai in order to use the ring in the first place, but by raising Zamas' rank to a temp status would allow him to bypass that rule, I kinda doubt that.
He devolved into saying only one word. Time to hit the ol' cosmic trail.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:29 pm

I reread FT Trunks speech part and damn I love it! It felt natural.

Talking about how FT Bulma felt lonely since then and how her Hope was to see her husband one last time, his resolve of not letting his father die again, and how that influenced Vegeta to fuse with Goku was perfect. In the anime Vegeta was just acting like a tsundere again.

I have to give props to Toyotaro for this one. It's a great way of showing the love shared by Vegeta's family and make Vegeta accept to fuse.

I was never a fan of "That's my Bulma!!!" scene in BOG Movie. And the Super version of that was overdramatic for my taste which made me hate it.
So hats off to Toyo for being able to do something about them in a good and subtle way.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:54 pm

https://www.amazon.co.jp/ドラゴンボール超-3-ジャン ... ンプコミックス%29

Dragon Ball Super Volume 3 releases in Japan on June 2nd. Digital version on July 4th.

mabalia
Beyond Newbie

Post by mabalia » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:02 pm

I liked this chapter, especially Trunks's talk about his mother, and how it affected Vegeta. Very good! The fights were well done to me, and like I never cared for Vegetto before, even in the original manga, the time limit didn't bother me, on the contrary, I apreciate there's finally an explanation and the time limit is a good one.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:12 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:I reread FT Trunks speech part and damn I love it! It felt natural.

Talking about how FT Bulma felt lonely since then and how her Hope was to see her husband one last time, his resolve of not letting his father die again, and how that influenced Vegeta to fuse with Goku was perfect. In the anime Vegeta was just acting like a tsundere again.

I have to give props to Toyotaro for this one. It's a great way of showing the love shared by Vegeta's family and make Vegeta accept to fuse.

I was never a fan of "That's my Bulma!!!" scene in BOG Movie. And the Super version of that was overdramatic for my taste which made me hate it.
So hats off to Toyo for being able to do something about them in a good and subtle way.
seconded,that's my bulma sucks,especially in the Anime,ryo horikawa sounded weird, and it just terribly overdramatic,so props to toyotaro for making a memorable scene,is just sad that ft bulma wanted to see vegeta so badly, but she never got the chance​ :cry: ,I just wish when This is over, Vegeta will interact with bulma more often
Mostly active on discord.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:17 pm

How much screen time has Bulma gotten in the manga? Is it near the same as Gohan?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017