"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Doctor.
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Doctor. » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:43 pm

OLKv3 wrote:No, Gohan cancelled that on his own because he was busy with a conference. He wanted to help with Zamasu, but don't know what good he would've done
That was in the anime. In the manga, Goku only finds out about the conference from Videl when they're on their way to the tournament; he shot Gohan down when talking to Vegeta about potential options back on Beerus' planet.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:50 pm

Doctor. wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:No, Gohan cancelled that on his own because he was busy with a conference. He wanted to help with Zamasu, but don't know what good he would've done
That was in the anime. In the manga, Goku only finds out about the conference from Videl when they're on their way to the tournament; he shot Gohan down when talking to Vegeta about potential options back on Beerus' planet.
He didn't bother even showing up because of the conference though, so the tidbit is in both. The anime just had Goku actually ask him

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:02 pm

Tectorman wrote:You know, I think Toyotaro took a page out of TFS's book on this latest chapter.

Omni-King: What's this? It's all messed up.
Goku: Th-those guys did all this...
Zamasu: ...! ...!
Omni-King: So many of them. Is this their fault?
Goku: Y-yes. They are bad guys.

Was anyone else reminded of DBZ Abridged Episode 10?

Goku: Remember Icarus?
Oozaru-Gohan: Grr?
Goku: He did it.
Oozaru-Gohan: GRRARR!!
Vegeta: Oh, that's bullshit!
:lol:

I thought I was the only one to realize that! I'm starting to believe some people in Toei staff or maybe Toyotaro himself likes TFS :D

Funny sh** tho
Kanassa wrote:
Humming-bird wrote:One last thing I wanted to say for some people on this forum, I mean for those who were like "The manga should end this arc this month already!!" since months: you are just a bunch of CRI-BA-BIES. I am certain that you have no idea what the work of a creator, an artist is. You are only good to complain and it's not like you paid :lolno:
Your logic is impeccable.
I'm second to that.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:25 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: I also find it funny that Gohan lampshades the fact that nobody contacts him when there's a major fight happening. Like, he would have taken part in the Champa arc tournament if Goku didn't immediately brush him off so brazenly.
Yeah, this doesn't make gohan look like an indecisive child who can't stick to his own word or remember his lessons like the anime made him seem like..
Here, Gohan is right there, bewildered why nobody brothers to contact him, ready to help like he always is..
Gohan hasn't acted like that at all in the anime.

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:55 pm

KidGokuDB wrote:Holy crap, Gohan actually makes an appearance again in the manga side story. :clap:
https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/888702424780689408

Even better it sort of gives reason to his appearance in the next arc (him mentioning nobody contacts him in fighting) and sets up as to why Future Trunks leaves in the manga. Props to Herms for the translation in tweets.
does somebody know where to take a look to all off those side stories written by toyotaro ???
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:21 pm

Noah wrote:
Tectorman wrote:You know, I think Toyotaro took a page out of TFS's book on this latest chapter.

Omni-King: What's this? It's all messed up.
Goku: Th-those guys did all this...
Zamasu: ...! ...!
Omni-King: So many of them. Is this their fault?
Goku: Y-yes. They are bad guys.

Was anyone else reminded of DBZ Abridged Episode 10?

Goku: Remember Icarus?
Oozaru-Gohan: Grr?
Goku: He did it.
Oozaru-Gohan: GRRARR!!
Vegeta: Oh, that's bullshit!
:lol:

I thought I was the only one to realize that! I'm starting to believe some people in Toei staff or maybe Toyotaro himself likes TFS :D

Funny sh** tho
Kanassa wrote:
Humming-bird wrote:One last thing I wanted to say for some people on this forum, I mean for those who were like "The manga should end this arc this month already!!" since months: you are just a bunch of CRI-BA-BIES. I am certain that you have no idea what the work of a creator, an artist is. You are only good to complain and it's not like you paid :lolno:
Your logic is impeccable.
I'm second to that.
Except it was done way before TFS when Goku got Gohan to attack Vegeta in the first place. TFS gets jokes from DB, not the other way around

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:46 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: I also find it funny that Gohan lampshades the fact that nobody contacts him when there's a major fight happening. Like, he would have taken part in the Champa arc tournament if Goku didn't immediately brush him off so brazenly.
Yeah, this doesn't make gohan look like an indecisive child who can't stick to his own word or remember his lessons like the anime made him seem like..
Here, Gohan is right there, bewildered why nobody brothers to contact him, ready to help like he always is..
Saying he will protect everyone after rof and he understands he needs to get stronger, suddenly stopping for some inexplicable reason,could just hold SS after his so called training, piccolo had to retrain his "out of shape" body once again for top, once again he learnt his lesson making it the 4th time now and all this had to be done because goku asked him to join not because he himself wanting to be of some help in future like his manga counterpart, here he has to treated like a baby who can't decide what he wants, there is no balance..
This is the jist of it anyway..
It was discussed a lot when he wasn't being active in super, you can probably find a lot more in-depth arguments there instead of recreating all of them by ourselves again..
It's boring :P :lol:
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:26 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: Yeah, this doesn't make gohan look like an indecisive child who can't stick to his own word or remember his lessons like the anime made him seem like..
Saying he will protect everyone after rof and he understands he needs to get stronger, suddenly stopping for some inexplicable reason,could just hold SS after his so called training, piccolo had to retrain his "out of shape" body once again for top, once again he learnt his lesson making it the 4th time now and all this had to be done because goku asked him to join not because he himself wanting to be of some help in future like his manga counterpart, here he has to treated like a baby who can't decide what he wants, there is no balance..
This is the jist of it anyway..
It was discussed a lot when he wasn't being active in super, you can probably find a lot more in-depth arguments there instead of recreating all of them by ourselves again..
It's boring :P :lol:
Nothing implies Gohan stopped training. Like at all.tIn fact, we later see that SSJ Gohan and SSJ Goku spar in Episode 75 and Goha more than held his own indicating he had grown stronger but there still some way to go before he got back to his best.

Piccolo's "out of shape" comment most likely referred to the fact that Gohan hadn't reached his peak level of strength just yet for training with Piccolo after the events ROF. Also, Piccolo can be harsh and brazen asshole like that when it comes to people training. Especially with Gohan, as we saw when he regained his Ultimate Form/Transformation.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:32 pm

Now I'm not having high hope for this contuinity of the Top,a battle royal just doesnt work because the pacing was all over the places and the lack of focus just ruins everything,and the mentality of u7,11 and 6 is good and the rest is fodder is not a good way to start the battle royal and it feels empty in some episode
Mostly active on discord.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:40 pm

The gr wrote:Now I'm not having high hope for this continuity of the Top,a battle royal just doesn't work because the pacing was all over the places and the lack of focus just ruins everything,and the mentality of u7,11 and 6 is good and the rest is fodder is not a good way to start the battle royal and it feels empty in some episode
What does this have to do with the manga? The ToP might not even start here for a few more months.
Retired.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:41 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
The gr wrote:Now I'm not having high hope for this continuity of the Top,a battle royal just doesn't work because the pacing was all over the places and the lack of focus just ruins everything,and the mentality of u7,11 and 6 is good and the rest is fodder is not a good way to start the battle royal and it feels empty in some episode
What does this have to do with the manga? The ToP might not even start here for a few more months.
I'm just saying the manga will probably will commit the same mistake as the anime

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:49 pm

The gr wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:What does this have to do with the manga? The ToP might not even start here for a few more months.
I'm just saying the manga will probably will commit the same mistake as the anime
Ah. Maybe so, but I wouldn't put money on it. Look at the Future Trunks Arc, I re-read the entire thing yesterday, and despite many complaining about how much it drags, it flies by in one sitting. Like, it's really quick even by the standards of a typical monthly manga, which as I've mentioned before, really speaks to the simplicity of modern Dragon Ball. The only pacing problem it has is the same place the anime did, the time in between Trunks's escape to the past and the first confrontation with Black is bloated compared to everything else. Assuming nothing drastically changes in Toyotaro's approach, the ToP will probably be painfully slow in serialization, and breakneck in a single sitting.
Retired.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:53 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Ah. Maybe so, but I wouldn't put money on it. Look at the Future Trunks Arc, I re-read the entire thing yesterday, and despite many complaining about how much it drags, it flies by in one sitting. Like, it's really quick even by the standards of a typical monthly manga, which as I've mentioned before, really speaks to the simplicity of modern Dragon Ball. The only pacing problem it has is the same place the anime did, the time in between Trunks's escape to the past and the first confrontation with Black is bloated compared to everything else. Assuming nothing drastically changes in Toyotaro's approach, the ToP will probably be painfully slow in serialization, and breakneck in a single sitting.
I hope so,it better improved on some of the issue i have currently,like better focus on character,consistent power scaling,amazing choreography and better pacing which I'm sure the manga deliver well

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:09 pm

The ToP manga arc will have some great fights. I have faith in Toyo's choreography. GOku vs Merged Zamasu was freaking awesome.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:49 pm

Toyotaro should totally handle the ToP better.
Because of it being a manga, I expect Toyotaro to convey the sense of "chaos" better than the anime. It will probably also be faster paced than the anime.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:41 pm

emperior wrote:Toyotaro should totally handle the ToP better.
Because of it being a manga, I expect Toyotaro to convey the sense of "chaos" better than the anime. It will probably also be faster paced than the anime.
That's my hope for this arc too, maybe he will not fail this time.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:28 pm

Noah wrote:
emperior wrote:Toyotaro should totally handle the ToP better.
That's my hope for this arc too, maybe he will not fail this time.
Man you haven't been happy with anything DBS related lately lol.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:32 am

For some reason I can already feel the manga will make me enjoy the arc more than the anime had... please prove me right Toyo, you are my only hope now!

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:03 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:For some reason I can already feel the manga will make me enjoy the arc more than the anime had... please prove me right Toyo, you are my only hope now!
This battle alone made me excited to see the manga take on the new arc and his hand to hand combat is also great[spoiler]Image[/spoiler] [spoiler]Image Image Image[/spoiler]
Last edited by The gr on Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:07 pm

The gr wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:For some reason I can already feel the manga will make me enjoy the arc more than the anime had... please prove me right Toyo, you are my only hope now!
This battle alone made me excited to see the manga take on the new arc and his hand to hand combat is also great [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Managa captures them as real flesh and blood creatures with emotions so much more than the anime ever manages to achieve..
Part of it is because it's a drawn medium so it's easier to spot all these details, a much bigger part is it simply being a better take of the story from my perspective
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker